Up to the minute Fedor/Rizin news from Russia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Up to the minute Fedor/Rizin news from Russia

Post by Longtime Fan on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:18 am

The vice president of Russia's mma union spilled some beans regarding the NYE event in Japan and Fedor.
For the Russian speakers here:
https://www.sport-express.ru/martial/mma/news/930295/

Higlights:
*Fedor will take 4 other Russian fighters with him to Japan.
*Potential opponents for Fedor - Jaideep, Ortiz and a couple more fighters (?)
*The final decsicion will be made in november (6-8 probably).
*the other Russian fighters are - Sidelnikov (Baby Fedor),Anatoly Tokov,Vitaly Minakov and Valentin Moldavsky.
*In a week from now, Fedor will once again go to Holland and train with the Dutch KB team.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Up to the minute Fedor/Rizin news from Russia

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:11 pm

I am very happy because Minakov will be on card and I am happy to see Sidelnikov is back. I always tought Sidelnikov will return to MMA but it took him some time and people wrote him off after Buentello but I did not, he is not the best fighter but he cold do OK

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:45 pm

Tito Ortiz vs. Fedor is pretty interesting.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:29 pm

With Tito's name being thrown around now, I think you could count on him as being Fedor's opponent.

Like the confirmation for Minakov and Tokov, both exceptional talent. Interested in Sidelnikov's return and hopefully he's in better shape for this go. Know nothing on the other fighter, unfortunately.

wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm

wekka wrote:With Tito's name being thrown around now, I think you could count on him as being Fedor's opponent.

Like the confirmation for Minakov and Tokov, both exceptional talent. Interested in Sidelnikov's return and hopefully he's in better shape for this go. Know nothing on the other fighter, unfortunately.

Yeah but didn't tito say he will only fight fedor at 205 ?

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Tito says alot of things.

I think if they give him a decent offer with a catch weight he'll take it.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Tito had his last shot at a championship but is still trying to solidify his modern stage of his career with a mantle piece win...

If i were tito id be campaigning for this fight he has good grappling and gnp and it woukd make a beautiful nye headliner....but im still hoping its rampage.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:50 am

I'm skeptical about Tito as the opponent as he is unknown in Japan.

Could be though.

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:54 am

Great news Bellator HW champ and top HW outside UFC Minakov is on this card!

Will be cool to see the other Russians as well. Tokov's record is real impressive. Could be a solid new MW rising the rankings. Baby Fedor coming back as well.

Hope they can get Couture or Kharitonov for Fedor to fight.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:01 pm

"Not on New Year's Eve, no," Ortiz told Submission Radio. "I would love to. I just gotta go in and get some little, light surgical work done, I guess you could say. I gotta go get a bone shaved down. So I'll be healed by next year. But I'm going to enjoy Christmas, I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving, I'm going to enjoy New Year's, I'm going to enjoy my birthday for the first time in a long, long, long time. I miss missing those times, and right now my kids are six years old and I want to enjoy the holidays with my children. I think that's the number one thing for me right now, is to be a Dad and to be happy.

"New Years Eve, I'll be having a cold beer in my hand, saying "happy new year's" to my family, instead of going out and trying to kill somebody. It sound a lot funner to me (laugh). I've been putting a lot of work in over a last few years, so I think it's time to take a little break."

However, while Ortiz is unavailable during the holidays, he is open to a fight against the ‘Last Emperor' at light-heavyweight. When asked what his strategy would be against the 39-year-old Russian, Ortiz's answer was exactly what was expected:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/5...lator-mma-news

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum