Bellator releases Volkov and 4 more fighters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bellator releases Volkov and 4 more fighters

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:15 am

Bellator releases: Alexander Sarnavskiy, Alexander Volkov, Mike Mucitelli, Fabricio Guerreiro, and Joe Duarte

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/31/9651434/bellator-releases-five-fighters-including-former-champion

I am done with Bellator!

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator releases Volkov and 4 more fighters

Post by CDF47 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:23 am

I don't know the details but don't get these releases

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:25 am

Disgusting.

I'm done with Bellator.

Bring back Bjorn. Bellator has fallen so far...so quickly.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by backdoor to zuffa on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:30 am

I can't wait to see what former TUF fighters we get in their places.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa

backdoor to zuffa

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:46 am

inb4 FKA defends Bellator and Scott Coker for their progressive business tatics to over take UFC Rolling LMAO

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:48 am

Can someone explain why Volkov never got a title shot after winning a tournament?

WTF coker

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:31 pm

stu3ufc wrote:Can someone explain why Volkov never got a title shot after winning a tournament?

WTF coker

He should have but that was when Minakov went on a one year hiatus from the sport.  Minakov beat him the year prior as well by TKO in the first.

Volkov and Sarnavskiy are bad releases but I don't know the details so hard to say.  They will be solid signings for whoever picks them up.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:43 pm

CDF47 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:Can someone explain why Volkov never got a title shot after winning a tournament?

WTF coker

He should have but that was when Minakov went on a one year hiatus from the sport.  Minakov beat him the year prior as well by TKO in the first.

Volkov and Sarnavskiy are bad releases but I don't know the details so hard to say.  They will be solid signings for whoever picks them up.

oh I see.... thanks for the info

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:25 pm

CDF47 wrote:

WTF coker

yeah rizin

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:42 pm

They are going to rizin.....

Jeez you guys already forget they were rumored to be on the card.....id say this pretty much makes it true.

No reason to cut sarnavsky its obvious sakakibara struck a deal.

Volkov..,,love the guy but he's regressed in his last few fights.

Were going to see Bellator guys in rizin and vice versa all this is doing is switching the official org they represent.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:40 pm

^Hope that turns out to be the case

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:56 am

The Rizin thing is a one-off type of arrangement, given that they aren't currently running regular shows.

Given that they have a partnership with Bellator already, there is no need for them to be cut in order to fight on Rizin.

I don't know the details either, obviously. I have noticed a disturbing lack of Russians on Bellaforce cards to this point though.

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:30 am

nodogoshi wrote:The Rizin thing is a one-off type of arrangement, given that they aren't currently running regular shows.

Given that they have a partnership with Bellator already, there is no need for them to be cut in order to fight on Rizin.

I don't know the details either, obviously. I have noticed a disturbing lack of Russians on Bellaforce cards to this point though.

Hopefully next year rizin will run regular shows it seems sakkibarra is here for the long haul my opinion not everyone will agree but i think having a show every 2 months would be great rather then the ufc have one good card then a bunch of watered down cards in between .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthWestMex on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:04 am

Coker releases Vegh, Ivanov, Alvarez, Volkov. Puts Ortiz, Kimbo, Grove, Beltran, Guillard, Shamrock, Koscheck, Thomson in main events. Smh Coker sucks.

NorthWestMex

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthWestMex on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:05 am

& releases Tiger?! Smh

NorthWestMex

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:31 am

WTF coker

Minakov's last Bellator fight was in April 2014 while Volkov didn't win the tournament until a month later. Honestly, I would love to know what the hell is going on with Minakov as he hasn't made an appearance in Bellator or a title defense in 18 months. He needs to get back there or they need to strip him of the title.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:39 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:

WTF coker

Minakov's last Bellator fight was in April 2014 while Volkov didn't win the tournament until a month later. Honestly, I would love to know what the hell is going on with Minakov as he hasn't made an appearance in Bellator or a title defense in 18 months. He needs to get back there or they need to strip him of the title.

They've probably been too busy promoting Tito Ortiz and Kimbo-Shamrock to offer him a fight.

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:42 am

NorthWestMex wrote:Coker releases Vegh, Ivanov, Alvarez, Volkov. Puts Ortiz, Kimbo, Grove, Beltran, Guillard, Shamrock, Koscheck, Thomson in main events. Smh Coker sucks.

Vegh was likely cut because of his performances as his fights with M'Pumbu and Newton were brutal. Alvarez was released because he didn't want to be there and it was obviously the relationship wasn't good. I don't agree with Volkov but he did look awful in his last two fights. He showed no defensive wrestling and was helpless. Volkov is a great talent but he seriously needs to work on his wrestling if wants any success in the future. Tiger was likely cut but it looks like he's peaked in Bellator. He's shown to be weak hearted as he always folds when the fights aren't going his way and gives off a "I give up" vibe. The Ivanov cut was bullshit.

The reason those guys are in main events because they draw money. I don't care for it but Ortiz, Shamrock, and Kimbo have drawn big numbers for Bellator including the highest ratings they've ever had. I don't see anything wrong with Thomson since he's still a solid fighter and he's popular in San Jose. Beltran was in a main event because Newton wanted a fight and they were still in the middle of a tournament while some were coming off losses. Grove has been another right place at the right time fighter.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:49 am

nodogoshi wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

WTF coker

They've probably been too busy promoting Tito Ortiz and Kimbo-Shamrock to offer him a fight.

That makes no sense. How would that affect Minakov? The guy is the heavyweight champion. I have heard a variety of things like being at a stalemate regarding his next fight or visa issues but don't know what's up.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:06 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

WTF coker

That makes no sense. How would that affect Minakov? The guy is the heavyweight champion. I have heard a variety of things like being at a stalemate regarding his next fight or visa issues but don't know what's up.

That is, they seem to have alterior priorities these days than promoting good fights and good fighters.

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

R

Post by NorthWestMex on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:39 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
NorthWestMex wrote:Coker releases Vegh, Ivanov, Alvarez, Volkov. Puts Ortiz, Kimbo, Grove, Beltran, Guillard, Shamrock, Koscheck, Thomson in main events. Smh Coker sucks.

Vegh was likely cut because of his performances as his fights with M'Pumbu and Newton were brutal. Alvarez was released because he didn't want to be there and it was obviously the relationship wasn't good. I don't agree with Volkov but he did look awful in his last two fights. He showed no defensive wrestling and was helpless. Volkov is a great talent but he seriously needs to work on his wrestling if wants any success in the future. Tiger was likely cut but it looks like he's peaked in Bellator. He's shown to be weak hearted as he always folds when the fights aren't going his way and gives off a "I give up" vibe. The Ivanov cut was bullshit.

The reason those guys are in main events because they draw money. I don't care for it but Ortiz, Shamrock, and Kimbo have drawn big numbers for Bellator including the highest ratings they've ever had. I don't see anything wrong with Thomson since he's still a solid fighter and he's popular in San Jose. Beltran was in a main event because Newton wanted a fight and they were still in the middle of a tournament while some were coming off losses. Grove has been another right place at the right time fighter.

I get that those fighters main event because they are supposedly bigger names. I get Kimbo & Ortiz but most of the ex UFC fighters are not that famous. It would be better to save that TV space for younger homegrown talents.

NorthWestMex

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:05 pm

kendal fucking grove

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by backdoor to zuffa on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:43 pm

stu3ufc wrote:kendal fucking grove

Great fighter.

We are Global-MMA.com.