Ramsey Nijem cut from UFC for asking for more money

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ramsey Nijem cut from UFC for asking for more money

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:23 am

Ramsey Nijem was one of many fighter released by the UFC in the promotion’s latest roster purge. The former finalist on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 13 thinks it had more to do with his unhappiness with his paycheck than his performance in the octagon.

Speaking with MMAjunkie Radio, Nijem said that he had been in rather one-sided negotiations with the UFC shortly ahead of his release.

“They made an offer to me and – man, I’m losing money fighting there,” Nijem said. “I said no and that I need more money to fight because it’s not possible. If you don’t have sponsorships it’s not profitable. It’s a really hard way to make a minimum wage salary.”

According to Nijem, the reaction to his demand for more money was met with aggressive moves from the UFC as he was told his career was going to get much harder should he continue to refuse.

That, along with a refusal to sign onto the new UFC drug testing program overseen by USADA and mirroring the practices of the World Anti-Doping Agency, led to his being pushed – and eventually kicked – out the door.

“I asked for more money and they said, ‘No, this is what you’re going to get,’” Nijem said. “That was that. The next thing you know, I got pulled out and told I was going to get bad matchups. I was given a bad matchup. I quote unquote lost that last fight (a split decision loss to Andrew Holbrook at UFC on FOX 16), which I feel like was one of the best performances I’ve had. But, whatever.

“After that was the whole WADA thing. I just don’t think I get paid enough to tell someone where I’m at every single day. I’d have to move up a weight class without IVs. It was a lot of things, man. It was a month later after my fight. If it was because of the fight, I’d have gotten cut right after the fight. But it really wasn’t because of that. It’s because I refused to sign the WADA and I didn’t want to keep losing money.”

Hope he goes elswhere

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Re: Ramsey Nijem cut from UFC for asking for more money

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:41 am

Zuffa is a trash company that aims their cage fighting product for people that lack character and intelligence.

Every time i read an article like this i am so happy that i don't watch/support Zuffa in any way.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:46 am

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Zuffa is a trash company that aims their cage fighting product for people that lack character and intelligence.

Every time i read an article like this i am so happy that i don't watch/support Zuffa in any way.

same!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:13 am

I hope all the people that defend cage fighting are happy.

Zuffa and Bellator are dragging mma lower and lower. It's sad.

LIVE LIKE A DOG

FIGHT LIKE A DOG

CAGE!!!!!!!!
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:24 pm

"Your career is going to get much harder if you continue to refuse". Sounds very similar to something that men in black would say to a UFO witness to scare them off, or the CIA for that matter

UFC is so gangsta

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:58 pm

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:I hope all the people that defend cage fighting are happy.

Zuffa and Bellator are dragging mma lower and lower. It's sad.

LIVE LIKE A DOG

FIGHT LIKE A DOG

CAGE!!!!!!!!

What the fuck do cages have to do with any of this? Seriously, is cages the only thing you bring to the conversation? Do you have a dungeon fetish? So I suppose ONE, KSW, and BAMMA to name some are also dragging MMA down.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:12 pm

MMA is trash....cage = trash culture

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 pm

More cage blah blah bullshit .....

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:26 am

fka wrote:More cage blah blah bullshit .....

Trashy cage american fan

Live like dog, fight like dog......CAGE!!!!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:24 pm

The cage is bullshit

Ufc/Bellator have made mma more trashy and have catered to the rude/ignorant fan base.

The respect of martial arts have been removed and replaced with Dana White cursing out fans and fighters.

If you support cage fighting...you are an enemy of mma.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Who cares about some martial arts principles like honor and respect.

This is F'n cage fighting.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Didn't hear about this one. Where do you guys think he should go? I would say ACB or if he wants to stay state side WSOF.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:59 pm

^I'd like to see him go to either Bellator, ONE, or WSOF. They have the better LWs outside UFC. M-1 and KSW need some LWs so those orgs. would be good options as well for that reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum