Rousey can't wrestle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rousey can't wrestle

Post by nhbnews on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:37 am

Look, I haven't watched all of Rousey's fights, although a lot end up on YouTube or even GIFs. But here are a few observations:

She is not good at changing levels and shooting for takedowns. I mean takedowns like in folkstyle or freestyle wrestling, not throws like in judo, sambo, or Greco. That was what she needed to do against Holm, and couldn't.

The best wrestler Rousey fought was Sara McMann, 2004 Olympic silver medalist and winner of numerous wrestling events plus some grappling ones. Rousey TKOd her with a knee to the body in the first round, a smart strategy since there was no way she could wrestle with McMann.

Much of the discussion I have seen online makes no distinction between judo throws and wrestling takedowns like single or double legs. That should not be surprising since they are coming from people who think UFC is worthwhile and important.

And to think that Rousey beat Serena Williams in a female athlete of the year poll, was talked about as beating Floyd Mayweather in boxing, and was put by De La Hoya's dummies on the cover of The Ring.

nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media

http://eddiegoldman.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rousey can't wrestle

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:20 am

I agree with every word of it.

I have seen all of her fights, and have seen no evidence she can wrestle at all.

People indeed don't understand the difference between wrestling and judo.

I was on a state championship wrestling squad in highschool, and placed 5th individually.

I was also a runner up in my state in judo, and won a couple other big tournaments along the way, including the Capital City Open, in Sacramento (my biggest win).

People think Rousey is a takedown god. She isn't.

She is a one trick pony, and a female Brock Lesnar.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:34 am

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Yeah, Holm especially exposed this. Rousey could not take her down and Holm's stand-up was on a complete different level. I think Cyborg would beat Rousey for the same reasons. Now Cyborg/Holm is a tough one to predict.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:48 pm

The UFC unified rules cage fighting "new breed" are jack's of 'no' trades, masters of none.

It's idiocy for an Olympic medalist in Judo, or a world champion BJJ or no-gi submission grappling to toss aside their unbelievable competitive advantage in clinch or throws or bottom game. You can win a whole lot of fights dominating in your area of unparalleled expertise.

Instead, their told to focus on becoming a low to no-grade striker when they should be spending near 100% of their time on 'just' closing the distance with great speed getting inside of effective striking range to clinch, trip, throw, single or double leg TD far from the cage. A world-class Judoka, no-gi submission grappler or wrestler should be focusing on winning by controlling their opponents in their arena of excellence through scoring or finishing their opponent in their advantage realm.

Night and day they should be studying these 2 videos for the optimum MMA engagement technique for their someone of their grappling qualifications. No one has done this better IMO than these 2 guys below. The successful TD percentages for these to guys is unbelievable. No easier to defend NCAA Div I (ha) wresling td's here. Yet, not one head coach from any American camp even has a clue strategically what is going on here, let alone the technical 'standing to ground' engagement techniques involved.

Here are the ultimate 'models' for world-class Judokas or no-gi submission grapplers to dominate in their own realm.

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:51 pm

nhbnews wrote:Look, I haven't watched all of Rousey's fights, although a lot end up on YouTube or even GIFs. But here are a few observations:

She is not good at changing levels and shooting for takedowns. I mean takedowns like in folkstyle or freestyle wrestling, not throws like in judo, sambo, or Greco. That was what she needed to do against Holm, and couldn't.

The best wrestler Rousey fought was Sara McMann, 2004 Olympic silver medalist and winner of numerous wrestling events plus some grappling ones. Rousey TKOd her with a knee to the body in the first round, a smart strategy since there was no way she could wrestle with McMann.

Much of the discussion I have seen online makes no distinction between judo throws and wrestling takedowns like single or double legs. That should not be surprising since they are coming from people who think UFC is worthwhile and important.

And to think that Rousey beat Serena Williams in a female athlete of the year poll, was talked about as beating Floyd Mayweather in boxing, and was put by De La Hoya's dummies on the cover of The Ring.

Well, Zuffa Zombie is a scary disease that can rot brains. Remember, people were claiming she would beat bantamweight men. Didn't know De La Hoya or his people were responsible for putting her on the cover.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Watch rouseys fights with tate....

Only reason rousey is ever succesful against wrestlers is she counter grapples.

Tate would telegraph the takedown and get dumped every time she never initiated a takedown she just capitalized on the monentum.

In any fight that she must be the aggressor in the wrestling or grappling she really only bullied her way in and that doesn't work against a sprawl and brawl style.

Once she started standing i seen the signs her reign was near over....once she kod bethe i knew someone would ko her.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nhbnews on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:00 pm

"Ultimate" fighting. Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO Rolling LMAO

nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media

http://eddiegoldman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Dagwood wrote:The UFC unified rules cage fighting "new breed" are jack's of 'no' trades, masters of none.

It's idiocy for an Olympic medalist in Judo, or a world champion BJJ or no-gi submission grappling to toss aside their unbelievable competitive advantage in clinch or throws or bottom game. You can win a whole lot of fights dominating in your area of unparalleled expertise.

Instead, their told to focus on becoming a low to no-grade striker when they should be spending near 100% of their time on 'just' closing the distance with great speed getting inside of effective striking range to clinch, trip, throw, single or double leg TD far from the cage. A world-class Judoka, no-gi submission grappler or wrestler should be focusing on winning by controlling their opponents in their arena of excellence through scoring or finishing their opponent in their advantage realm.

Night and day they should be studying these 2 videos for the optimum MMA engagement technique for their someone of their grappling qualifications. No one has done this better IMO than these 2 guys below. The successful TD percentages for these to guys is unbelievable. No easier to defend NCAA Div I (ha) wresling td's here. Yet, not one head coach from any American camp even has a clue strategically what is going on here, let alone the technical 'standing to ground' engagement techniques involved.

Here are the ultimate 'models' for world-class Judokas or no-gi submission grapplers to dominate in their own realm.

Great points. Rousey's game plan for the Holm fight should have been totally about getting the TD. She was way over-matched on paper and in reality in the stand-up game. The Rousey plan for this fight was real bad.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:04 am

Holm beats Rousey 10 times out of 10.

The hype machine is broken.

Female Brock Lesnar is no more.

Funny it should happen just when they were spending all this money and effort to get her name out everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:22 am

nodogoshi wrote:Holm beats Rousey 10 times out of 10.

The hype machine is broken.

Female Brock Lesnar is no more.

Funny it should happen just when they were spending all this money and effort to get her name out everywhere.

That is true she mainly fought one dimensional fighters or pub brawlers as soon as she did fight a skilled fighter she lost .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:11 am

you really gotta give credit to holms defense! she didny give rousey any chance and escaped an armbar too. also taking rousey down as well.

holms outmatched her in every aspect and the one trick poney has been exposed as the over hyped bitch she is

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:54 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
nhbnews wrote:Look, I haven't watched all of Rousey's fights, although a lot end up on YouTube or even GIFs. But here are a few observations:

Well, Zuffa Zombie is a scary disease that can rot brains. Remember, people were claiming she would beat bantamweight men. Didn't know De La Hoya or his people were responsible for putting her on the cover.

"The sheep are still asleep in zuffiaa safe media world, so my mission is to wake them up

and expose them by telling them the truth . Afterward I unplug the brainwashing machine

of their head from zuffia."
- kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:31 am

That ringside cover just seems more hilarious now than when it got released HAHAHA

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:41 am

Not to mention Rousey wearing a boxing robe and them teasing that boxing is possibly next when her boxing was pathetic. She would be the one losing in less than a minute.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:24 am

So are you saying that if Rousey was a one-dimensional Olympic wrestler rather than a judoka she would have beat Holm? That is, if she did double-leg to armbar instead of grab the head and toss, she would have won?
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:02 am

Hamilcar wrote:

So are you saying that if Rousey was a one-dimensional  Olympic wrestler rather than a judoka she would have beat Holm?  That is, if she did double-leg to armbar instead of grab the head and toss, she would have won?

I doubt he was saying that.

More facets to her takedown game would undoubtedly make her a more complete grappler; and she indeed seemingly can't wrestle. Many idiots don't know that there is a difference between wrestling and judo, and consider Rousey a takedown god, even though she can't seem to wrestle very well.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:21 pm

nodogoshi wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:

So are you saying that if Rousey was a one-dimensional  Olympic wrestler rather than a judoka she would have beat Holm?  That is, if she did double-leg to armbar instead of grab the head and toss, she would have won?

I doubt he was saying that.

More facets to her takedown game would undoubtedly make her a more complete grappler; and she indeed seemingly can't wrestle. Many idiots don't know that there is a difference between wrestling and judo, and consider Rousey a takedown god, even though she can't seem to wrestle very well.

I agree and Holm really exposed that in this fight.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum