Benson Henderson reportedly looking to test free-agency after UFC contract expires.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Benson Henderson reportedly looking to test free-agency after UFC contract expires.

Post by Kingfedor on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:02 am

This will be the most highly-ranked fighter to do so if he decides to do it.
Kingfedor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Benson Henderson reportedly looking to test free-agency after UFC contract expires.

Post by fka on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:06 am

Link???

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Benson Henderson reportedly looking to test free-agency after UFC contract expires.

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:24 am

quit pretending Benson you have nowhere else to go lol

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingfedor on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:31 am

fka wrote:Link???
Per Dave Meltzer :
Benson Henderson is going to let his contract expire and test free agency. I believe his 11/28 fight in Seoul, South Korea, will be the last or is nearing the end of his contract. Thiago Alves pulled out of that main event with a broken rib and Henderson will now be facing Jorge Masvidal to headline. Because Henderson is partially Korean (his mother is Korean), he was the key to the main event.
Bellator would obviously be interested in adding Henderson to their lightweight division.

Last edited by Kingfedor on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:32 am

Sweet

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 pm

I think Japanese fans would warm up pretty easily to bendo since he is a classy guy who upholds the values of martial arts teachings.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Would be a solid addition to global mma.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:40 pm

CDF47 wrote:Would be a solid addition to global mma.

the moment he leaves UFC ...he's thrown out of the rankings and his record and achievements trashed by company and loyal zombies.

Would love to see Benson smash up that idiot will brooks

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Bellator or any promotion would love to have him,but he probably looking for leverage in renegotiating his contract.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:10 am

Hope he leaves the UFC. One of my favorite fighters. He could try ONE.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:42 am

stu3ufc wrote:

the moment he leaves UFC ...he's thrown out of the rankings and his record and achievements trashed by company and loyal zombies.

No doubt about it...LOL.  Yeah, Bellator would be a good spot for him.  Brooks has been putting me to sleep so I wouldn't mind seeing him against Bendo.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:40 am

CDF47 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

No doubt about it...LOL.  Yeah, Bellator would be a good spot for him.  Brooks has been putting me to sleep so I wouldn't mind seeing him against Bendo.

If he does i wonder who he will sign with ? bleacher report is saying the ufc market dominance is showing a small crack i agree with hamilcar im a huge bendo fan too im a fan of the technical fighters don't get me wrong everyone loves a brawl .Me i would like to see him in one fc vs ben askren why not i bet victor would set that fight up both askren and benson are bout the same size and probably walk around the near same weight too .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:08 am

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

If he does i wonder who he will sign with ? bleacher report is saying the ufc market dominance is showing a small crack  i agree with hamilcar im a huge bendo fan too  im a fan of the technical fighters don't get me wrong  everyone loves  a brawl .Me i would like to see him in one fc vs ben askren why not i bet victor would set that fight up both askren and benson are bout the same size and probably walk around the near same weight too .

I would say more than just a small crack. They got guys like Phil Davis and Josh Thomson turning down deals in exchange for signing with Bellator and Ben Henderson claiming to want to explore the free market. Bibiano Fernandes was signed by ONE years ago when everyone thought it was a done deal with him going to the UFC. In the past, guys would sign with no hesitation. None would consider working elsewhere or testing the waters. Other companies are doing good and it seems not as many fighters are as giddy to go to the UFC as in the past.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:20 am

Just think if benson does leave they can't use the he is past his prime never any good crap they always use .
they should realise that .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Benson made like $15 from reebok

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:00 pm

stu3ufc wrote:Benson made like $15 from reebok

The guy is a former world champ if that doesn't prove the reebok deal is shit than i don't know what will.
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:14 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

If he does i wonder who he will sign with ? bleacher report is saying the ufc market dominance is showing a small crack  i agree with hamilcar im a huge bendo fan too  im a fan of the technical fighters don't get me wrong  everyone loves  a brawl .Me i would like to see him in one fc vs ben askren why not i bet victor would set that fight up both askren and benson are bout the same size and probably walk around the near same weight too .

Askren/Bendo would be an interesting fight

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:28 am

benson was offered 200,000 from road fc... wonder if he will sign
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Heretic wrote:benson was offered 200,000 from road fc... wonder if he will sign

That is a good offer. Was hoping to see him in RIZIN or Bellator though.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Lets be real roadfc doesnt have a ton of elite talent that's a good offer but if benson leaves ufc it will be for ONE or Bellator imho but hey anywhere but UFC Right?

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Benson is half Korean so a lucrative offer from Road is expected, all we can do is speculate at this point
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:25 pm

fka wrote:Lets be real roadfc doesnt have a ton of elite talent that's a good offer but if benson leaves ufc it will be for ONE or Bellator imho but hey anywhere but UFC Right?

Yeah, I would rather see him in one of those orgs since ROAD FC lacks the talent.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:18 am

stu3ufc wrote:quit pretending Benson you have nowhere else to go lol

Bump 8)

Still have to watch the Koreshkov fight to see how things went.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:01 pm

You will be astounded.....

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:33 pm

^Yeah, it was surprising.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum