RIZIN Fighting Federation reportedly tried setting up Fedor Emelianenko vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIZIN Fighting Federation reportedly tried setting up Fedor Emelianenko vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture.

Post by Kingfedor on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:06 pm

But due to Randy's body "not responding the same" in training, they went with Singh Jaideep.

Back to top Go down

Re: RIZIN Fighting Federation reportedly tried setting up Fedor Emelianenko vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture.

Post by CDF47 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:04 pm

That makes sense. At least they tried and good for Randy, if his body can no longer handle it, best to stay retired.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: RIZIN Fighting Federation reportedly tried setting up Fedor Emelianenko vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture.

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Randy is under contract with the ufc as far as fighting.

UFC would sue immediately if he tried to fight for another promotion.

I think this is Rizin trying to save face. Let's leak a rumor about trying to line up other opponents for Fedor.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:32 am

At this point, I'd rather Fedor face Singh. He's much better off facing a 27 year old who could have potential as opposed to a 52 year old man who hasn't fought in four and a half years. That fight needed to be done in 2007 or 2008, not 2015. Couture is a legend and all time great but Fedor has everything to lose facing a 50 year old retiree.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:26 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:At this point, I'd rather Fedor face Singh. He's much better off facing a 27 year old who could have potential as opposed to a 52 year old man who hasn't fought in four and a half years. That fight needed to be done in 2007 or 2008, not 2015. Couture is a legend and all time great but Fedor has everything to lose facing a 50 year old retiree.

That's a good point.  The Couture fight would have been bigger because of the name but not a huge deal. JMMA is back and looking real good with what they setup so I can't wait for it.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Fedor VS. Jaideep will most certainly be better than VS. old man Rand, at least he was honest and RIZIN tried.

Randy for English commentary could be a fun idea though, especially since Bas is busy doing the WSOF feeder Zooffa deal.
Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:02 pm

I bet randy keeps training and gets a trt kick lol and next year we see this fight anyway.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:At this point, I'd rather Fedor face Singh. He's much better off facing a 27 year old who could have potential as opposed to a 52 year old man who hasn't fought in four and a half years. That fight needed to be done in 2007 or 2008, not 2015. Couture is a legend and all time great but Fedor has everything to lose facing a 50 year old retiree.

The opponents of this fight were right, it was awful. Fedor now has a good opponent in Moldonado.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum