Rizin day 1 breakdown by FKA (spoilers included)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rizin day 1 breakdown by FKA (spoilers included)

Post by fka on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:18 pm

After years of wishing,dreaming of the rise of JMMA Mr Sakakibara arose from the shadows to announce RIZIN FIGHTING FEDERATION!!!!

To some this was merely a ripple in the huge ocean of combat sports,but to the hardcore this was a call to arms,a siren calling home the Japanese fans back home to Saitama Super Arena for a new years card and the return of a legend......Fedor.

The opening ceremony had me misting up haha really cool tribute to the past with a blend of new ,i thouroughly enjoyed the production and how grand it felt.Really cool to all the different company banners hung in arena.

What follows will be my thoughts and breakdowns of the first days events i hope you guys enjoy.I will begin with the specialty fights with rules other then mma.

Yuki Motoya vs Felipe Efrain (mixed rules fight)

This fight was crazy man Motoya was aggressive from the start with his striking,takedowns from clinch and constant pressure on Efrain who seemed overwhelmed for the majority of the fight.Motoya secured a standing RNC for a stretch of time then jumps off and continues pressuring Efrain only to be caught flush by a left hook in the exchange and Efrain finishes with GNP.(I read Efrain didn't make weight so fight is now a no contest?)Fun fight to watch.

Kazuyuki Miyata vs Hinata Watanabe (mix rules fight)

Watanabe was fast and furious with relentless body kicks i counted 6 in a row landing at one point.Excellent footwork and timing unleashing flurries of strikes overwhelming his opponent with relative ease for a tko victory.Fun fight to watch great action.

Akiyo Wicky vs Hiroya (k-1 rules)

In what was one of my favorite fights of the night Hiroya comes back to ko WICKY after for much of the action packed fight Wicky looked a bit sharper until at one point they knocked eachother down at the same time ,leaving wicky a bit rocked and Hiroya capitalizes and finishes WICKY with grest striked.Great fight to watch.

MMA BOUTS

Hiroyuki Takakaya vs Dj Taiki

This fight was a good fight alot of back and forth striking and clinchwork was a clinic on being well rounded in which STREET FIGHT BANCHO edges out a decision win.

Not spectacular but a good paced grinding fight i enjoyed.

Valentin Moldavsky vs Yuta Uchida (Tournament Reserve fight)

Moldavsky is part of team fedor and boy does it show....excellent clinchwork with trips,throws,suplexes all used expertly and timed wonderfully.Good footwork and what little striking used looked good,his ground game is smothering and very active with passes and strikes setting up the RNC finish.Great fight this guy is definitely a future beast.

Hideo Tokoro vs Kizaemon Saiga

This was a really fun fight Saiga has great kickboxing and tokoro is a veteran known for going all out and thats exactly what he did.Saiga did well using his kickboxing and clinch to score but eventually the determination of tokoro paid off as he got it to the ground and submitted Saiga by choke.Really fun fight good action and cool to see the veteran come out with a win.

Anatoly Tokov vs Aj Matthews

Another team fedor fighter and another impressive performance,Tokov striking is powerful and deliberate but precise using good angles and timing he kos Matthews without much resistance in a early round 1 finish.My only thoughts are wow......

Kirill Sidelnikov vs Carlos Toyota

First off is Toyota really Bjj blackbelt as promoted in hype ups????well anyway...

Baby Fedor finally is showing the traits required to have this nickname....Fast flurries of strikes,excellent head movement and slips,just an all around destruction of toyota.Im officially back on the bandwagon lol,i'd like to see a step up to test his progression but fir being away from mma for so long he looked very impressive.

TK vs Colossus

In a throwback pride fight TK straght up dusted Colossus with fast strikes and good wrestling.Colossus returned to his ding and dash form and paid for it promptly.Colossus blew his waud in the first 45 secs,and coming in at nearly 300lbs did him no favors.TK finishes colossus by tko in the second round.TK looked good and i want to see him fight again he was in great shape dominating the much heavier guy fun fight.

King Mo vs Brett Mcdermott(Tournament opening round)

What can i say king mo wrecked this dude with clowning boxing and multiple takedowns ,king mo knocks out McDermott in round 1 via utter domination.Impessive showing for mo.

Vadim Nemkov vs Goran Reljic(Tournament opening Round)

Nemkov is another team fedor guy and is very young with 5 fights coming in to this tournament......This kid is a killer with a full package of standup and grappling.He looked to be the veteran outstriking reljic and finishing him with strikes.really good fight and nemkov has a new fanboy.

Teodoras Aukstuolis vs Bruno Cappelozza(Tournament opening Round)

This was an excellent fight pitting champion vs champion and it did not disappoint as both men asserted their dominance in striking in a closely contested battle until Aukstuolis lands a big right in the exchange and takes the Jungle Fights champion out.Great fight i like both guys but Teodoras is one of my new fav prospects.

Jiri Prochazka vs Satoshi Ishii(Tournament Opening Round)

With whispers of a fix this fight was wuite one sided.Ishii tried desperately to get the clinch and the takedown,but was not successful Prochazka used great kneese and punches to control clinch and the fight.His kickboxing was on display picking Ishii apart.Ishii blocks a high kick only to be knocked off balance and momentarily to the floor,he then stands,catches a right hand to the temple,drops and is finished with two kneese to the head.good fight definitely no fix here.

Main Event
Kazushi Sakuraba vs Shinya Aoki

What came to mind was bj penns last comeback attempt and what he said after the fight....."I didn't belong in there tonight".Sakuraba was battered for arguably far too long in a complete washout seeing aoki finish via strikes.This fight did absolutely nothing for me....frankly it was hard to watch.Hope its sakurabas last fight....if not book him vs rickson or royce.

Overall i enjoyed this whole first event alot aside from the main event.The things like mixed rules fights,k1 fights,and outside tournament fights all had plenty of action and i enjoyed every bout thouroughly.

The Grand Prix surprised even me with how good the fights turned out and how well the guys all fought.Everyone aside from maybe Ishii and late replacement Mcdermott fought on a high level and made me eager to see them again.

All in all i believe this org can do some great things and i for one am firmly in support of them.

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin day 1 breakdown by FKA (spoilers included)

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:48 pm

RING > CAGE

PROVEN FACT!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Good breakdown. Iiked the mix of freaksow sloppy fights and high level skills. PRIDE is back!

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:10 pm

stu3ufc wrote:RING > CAGE

PROVEN FACT!
Cage doesn´t exist in my world cat

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:38 pm

Very nice breakdown fka

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:39 pm

PROVEN FACT!

Ring is better for this sport.  I still like the mix so we have some variety between orgs though but ring is better of the two.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:20 am

PROVEN FACT!

Nope. Cages can provide fun fights. Look at ONE as an example.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:

PROVEN FACT!

Nope. Cages can provide fun fights. Look at ONE as an example.

Rings can to, look at Pride as an example.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum