I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Kinosis on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:07 pm

I would love to see it.  I suggested a few fighters as well.  Fedor, Blagoi Ivanov, Baruto, Roger Gracie, TK, Kongo.  Just need 2 more.  All of those guys could be possible I think and would be great.  Perhaps get a couple of others from events that worked with Rizin this past time.

If you guys are also interested in that, perhaps tweet him and the Rizin page, whomever else might listen.


Last edited by Kinosis on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by God of Thunder on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:13 pm

Rizin should definietly merge LHW and HW to put on another GP. Pudzilla and Erokhin is on my wish list. Gather all the top LHW-HW from our rankings in a Grand Prix.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Kinosis on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:16 pm

I would love one with just the real big guys.  I was thinking 8 man but if they wanted to stretch it out over a few events they could do 16 man, get some more freak show guys in there.  Bob Sapp, etc.  Some more good guys as well like Kharitonov, bring back Arona and Herring, Monson is still fighting.  Heck, throw the Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock winner in there also.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Golden Age wrote:Rizin should definietly merge LHW and HW to put on another GP. Pudzilla and Erokhin is on my wish list. Gather all the top LHW-HW from our rankings in a Grand Prix.

That would be cool

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:42 pm

Kinosis wrote:I would love to see it.  I suggested a few fighters as well.  Fedor, Blagoi Ivanov, Baruto, Roger Gracie, TK, Kongo.  Just need 2 more.  All of those guys could be possible I think and would be great.  Perhaps get a couple of others from events that worked with Rizin this past time.

If you guys are also interested in that, perhaps tweet him and the Rizin page, whomever else might listen.  

Open weight GP would be cool as well

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Kinosis on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:53 am

Sounds like they may be planning a HW tourney (though it could be any weight class I suppose). Fedor is fighting again in April, then mentions a Tournament in August.

Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/1/10698380/fedor-my-next-fight-will-take-place-in-april

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:08 pm

so good to see fedor fight

couldnt care who against.... loved watching him smash that jadeep faggot

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5127
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Kinosis wrote:Sounds like they may be planning a HW tourney (though it could be any weight class I suppose).  Fedor is fighting again in April, then mentions a Tournament in August.  

Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/1/10698380/fedor-my-next-fight-will-take-place-in-april

That's some great news

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:29 pm

stu3ufc wrote:so good to see fedor fight

couldnt care who against.... loved watching him smash that jadeep faggot

I loved seeing him fight as well. I was disappointed in his opponent. I can understand a warm-up or tune-up fight after 3 1/2 years but next time should be against a quality opponent. Was great to see him in the JMMA ring and get the 1st round finish though. I really enjoyed that.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by fatty on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:19 am

lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil
avatar
fatty

Location : uk
Posts : 123
Join date : 2015-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Kinosis wrote:I would love one with just the real big guys.  I was thinking 8 man but if they wanted to stretch it out over a few events they could do 16 man, get some more freak show guys in there.  Bob Sapp, etc.  Some more good guys as well like Kharitonov, bring back Arona and Herring, Monson is still fighting.  Heck, throw the Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock winner in there also.
If Herring is in shape I wouldn´t mind seeing him vs Baruto.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:00 pm

I suggested a cruiserweight division.

_________________



"The sheep are still asleep in zuffiaa safe media world, so my mission is to wake them up

and expose them by telling them the truth . Afterward I unplug the brainwashing machine

of their head from zuffia."
- kayneoTheRisingWarrior
avatar
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Location : earthrealm
Posts : 1554
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:03 pm

fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably. He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Kinosis on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:14 am

Golden Age wrote:
Kinosis wrote:I would love one with just the real big guys.  I was thinking 8 man but if they wanted to stretch it out over a few events they could do 16 man, get some more freak show guys in there.  Bob Sapp, etc.  Some more good guys as well like Kharitonov, bring back Arona and Herring, Monson is still fighting.  Heck, throw the Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock winner in there also.
If Herring is in shape I wouldn´t mind seeing him vs Baruto.

I wouldn't mind Baruto getting a chance to build himself up some. How about him vs Sapp or Jaideep? I would image the Japanese would love the Sapp match. Maybe Herring vs Ishii, Jaideep or Kirill Sidelnikov. If Herring wins, they could do him vs Fedor or put them both in the HW tournament if there is one.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Kinosis on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:15 am

Jerry Millen posted a picture of Fedor and Randy together today. I hope that is Fedor's next fight in April.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by cisco on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:47 am

Kinosis wrote:Jerry Millen posted a picture of Fedor and Randy together today.  I hope that is Fedor's next fight in April.  
if they can make randy vs fedor, that would be a huge sell out and a huge ratings hit, especially in the us with spike tv, but also in japan, people in japan know who randy is. hope they can pull that off,
avatar
cisco

Location : cali
Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:23 pm

cisco wrote:
Kinosis wrote:Jerry Millen posted a picture of Fedor and Randy together today.  I hope that is Fedor's next fight in April.  
if they can make randy vs fedor, that would be a huge sell out and a huge ratings hit, especially in the us with spike tv, but also in japan, people in japan know who randy is.  hope they can pull that off,

I agree, ratings would be huge. May not be the big fight rankings wise but ratings wise I think only fights with Werdum, Big Foot, Hendo, Cain, Reem, Lesnar, or Tyson Fury could surpass it.  Question is though, Couture is now 52 and it was reported that he tried to train for a Fedor fight and his body just was not up to it anymore.  If that is the case, he needs to stay retired.  They even had photos of Randy training so it may be true that he just cannot fight at this level anymore.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:47 pm

CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by God of Thunder on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
Kinosis wrote:I would love one with just the real big guys.  I was thinking 8 man but if they wanted to stretch it out over a few events they could do 16 man, get some more freak show guys in there.  Bob Sapp, etc.  Some more good guys as well like Kharitonov, bring back Arona and Herring, Monson is still fighting.  Heck, throw the Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock winner in there also.
If Herring is in shape I wouldn´t mind seeing him vs Baruto.

I wouldn't mind Baruto getting a chance to build himself up some. How about him vs Sapp or Jaideep? I would image the Japanese would love the Sapp match. Maybe Herring vs Ishii, Jaideep or Kirill Sidelnikov. If Herring wins, they could do him vs Fedor or put them both in the HW tournament if there is one.
Takanoyama is another badass sumo I would like to see in the GP. He should be good for the ratings as well. I like style vs style so a famous world class boxer would be awesome as well. Throw a mega famous kickboxer in the mix also.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by God of Thunder on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:13 pm

I just realized Millen is vice president of Rizin. Props to him for helping mma get back on tack.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by God of Thunder on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?
Millen is anti-zuffa so hes good people.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Kinosis on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Even if it is Fedor vs Randy Couture in April, if they do a HW tournament I think they should go all out and make it 16 man. They should throw in some big sumo guys, pro wrestlers, etc for the Japanese fans. As long as there are 8 legit guys in there for the final 8 it's not a problem.

Fedor
Baruto
Sapp
Jaideep
Herring
Ishii
Kirill Sidelnikov
TK
James Thompson

Maybe grab some guys like King Mo, Jeff Monson, Kharitonov, Pudzianowski, Kongo, a few champs from other orgs. I think they could make a really awesome 16 man tournament. Jaideep should get one of the freakshow fights as a reward for being sacrificed to Fedor as I think he is probably a pretty good fighter.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Kinosis on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

People bash him but I have never actually seen a reason why. No one has given a reason beyond "he sucks" so that shows me there isn't much negative there. He interacts with fans on twitter and is a billion times better than dana white who bashes ufc fans publicly and robs fighters of sponsorship money.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

I think he is fine. Never seen any issue with him.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Kinosis wrote:Even if it is Fedor vs Randy Couture in April, if they do a HW tournament I think they should go all out and make it 16 man.  They should throw in some big sumo guys, pro wrestlers, etc for the Japanese fans.  As long as there are 8 legit guys in there for the final 8 it's not a problem.  

Fedor
Baruto
Sapp
Jaideep
Herring
Ishii
Kirill Sidelnikov
TK
James Thompson

Maybe grab some guys like King Mo, Jeff Monson, Kharitonov, Pudzianowski, Kongo, a few champs from other orgs.  I think they could make a really awesome 16 man tournament.  Jaideep should get one of the freakshow fights as a reward for being sacrificed to Fedor as I think he is probably a pretty good fighter.

16 man tournament would be cool. I think the next tournament is going to start in August from what I heard.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum