I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Kinosis wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

People bash him but I have never actually seen a reason why.  No one has given a reason beyond "he sucks" so that shows me there isn't much negative there.  He interacts with fans on twitter and is a billion times better than dana white who bashes ufc fans publicly and robs fighters of sponsorship money.  

I agree.  That's all that is ever said about him so there is probably no issue with him.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, M-1 Global, & ONE

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10626
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by JasonNorin on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Have always been interested to a no weight limit heavyweight division. That would be a pure display of brawn and technique. Overweight fighters will probably last only one round but would love to see them throw high kicks Smile. Actually, I am also still interested in an open weight division. There is nothing wrong in going back to how MMA was used to be when there were mostly no weight divisions. But I doubt that would be possible. Smile

_________________
Boxing news writer and editor.

JasonNorin

Location : makati
Age : 26
Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:24 pm

JasonNorin wrote:Have always been interested to a no weight limit heavyweight division. That would be a pure display of brawn and technique. Overweight fighters will probably last only one round but would love to see them throw high kicks Smile. Actually, I am also still interested in an open weight division. There is nothing wrong in going back to how MMA was used to be when there were mostly no weight divisions. But I doubt that would be possible. Smile

PRIDE had some open weight fights and GPs.  I liked them. Good to see guys fighting outside their normal divisions from time to time against other top fighters.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, M-1 Global, & ONE

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10626
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by JasonNorin on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:32 pm

that's true. open weight matches reflects the reality that in a fight, there would be no weight classes.

JasonNorin

Location : makati
Age : 26
Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:38 am

CDF47 wrote:
JasonNorin wrote:Have always been interested to a no weight limit heavyweight division. That would be a pure display of brawn and technique. Overweight fighters will probably last only one round but would love to see them throw high kicks Smile. Actually, I am also still interested in an open weight division. There is nothing wrong in going back to how MMA was used to be when there were mostly no weight divisions. But I doubt that would be possible. Smile

PRIDE had some open weight fights and GPs.  I liked them. Good to see guys fighting outside their normal divisions from time to time against other top fighters.

That was one of the biggest reasons why I have respect for those fighters. They didn't care about size or strength, they wouldn't bleed themselves dry to fight smaller guys. They took all comers.

Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1150
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CODELMJVG on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:43 am

CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

I think he is fine.  Never seen any issue with him.

According to Bas Rutten and this article
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/

CODELMJVG

Location : USA
Posts : 232
Join date : 2015-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:12 am

CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

I think he is fine.  Never seen any issue with him.

According to Bas Rutten and this article
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/

I heard about this. I know Bas hates him and so does Mauro. I think I read that Trigg said Millen didn't know what he was doing.

Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1150
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:18 am

CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

I think he is fine.  Never seen any issue with him.

According to Bas Rutten and this article
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/
Remember that Bas became a Zuffa puppet over the years. I would like to hear both sides of the story. Even if everything Bas said is true Millen is the most important figure in the fight against Zuffa and he´s the vice preisdent of Rizin. We should thank Millen for helping JMMA come back.

Look at Millens twitter.. He´s one of very few who stands up against Ultimate cagefighting https://twitter.com/jerrymillen

God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2931
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Kinosis on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:40 pm

Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

I think he is fine.  Never seen any issue with him.

According to Bas Rutten and this article
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/
Remember that Bas became a Zuffa puppet over the years. I would like to hear both sides of the story. Even if everything Bas said is true Millen is the most important figure in the fight against Zuffa and he´s the vice preisdent of Rizin. We should thank Millen for helping JMMA come back.

Look at Millens twitter.. He´s one of very few who stands up against Ultimate cagefighting https://twitter.com/jerrymillen

Yeah, Bas became a zuffa propaganda piece to some degree, I've seen him talk bad about Fedor and he was all over Overeem's nuts until he left golden glory, then all of a sudden he was bashing Overeem.  He went from saying Overeem was the #1 HW to saying he was overrated basically, overnight.  Bas also talked bad about people using PEDS/painkillers and failing drug tests, then failed one himself in his last fight.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ

Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1778
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
JasonNorin wrote:Have always been interested to a no weight limit heavyweight division. That would be a pure display of brawn and technique. Overweight fighters will probably last only one round but would love to see them throw high kicks Smile. Actually, I am also still interested in an open weight division. There is nothing wrong in going back to how MMA was used to be when there were mostly no weight divisions. But I doubt that would be possible. Smile

PRIDE had some open weight fights and GPs.  I liked them. Good to see guys fighting outside their normal divisions from time to time against other top fighters.

That was one of the biggest reasons why I have respect for those fighters. They didn't care about size or strength, they wouldn't bleed themselves dry to fight smaller guys. They took all comers.

Yeah, they did.  The open weight fights were great.


Last edited by CDF47 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, M-1 Global, & ONE

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10626
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by westcott123 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

I think he is fine.  Never seen any issue with him.

According to Bas Rutten and this article
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/
Remember that Bas became a Zuffa puppet over the years. I would like to hear both sides of the story. Even if everything Bas said is true Millen is the most important figure in the fight against Zuffa and he´s the vice preisdent of Rizin. We should thank Millen for helping JMMA come back.

Look at Millens twitter.. He´s one of very few who stands up against Ultimate cagefighting https://twitter.com/jerrymillen

Yeah, Bas became a zuffa propaganda piece to some degree, I've seen him talk bad about Fedor and he was all over Overeem's nuts until he left golden glory, then all of a sudden he was bashing Overeem.  He went from saying Overeem was the #1 HW to saying he was overrated basically, overnight.  Bas also talked bad about people using PEDS/painkillers and failing drug tests, then failed one himself in his last fight.
yeah i use to like bas but ever since he got his ufc dana club hall of fame he has turned into a complete shill what is ironic is that it was japan were bas made his name .

westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1154
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:04 pm

westcott123 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I think he is fine.  Never seen any issue with him.

According to Bas Rutten and this article
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/
Remember that Bas became a Zuffa puppet over the years. I would like to hear both sides of the story. Even if everything Bas said is true Millen is the most important figure in the fight against Zuffa and he´s the vice preisdent of Rizin. We should thank Millen for helping JMMA come back.

Look at Millens twitter.. He´s one of very few who stands up against Ultimate cagefighting https://twitter.com/jerrymillen

Yeah, Bas became a zuffa propaganda piece to some degree, I've seen him talk bad about Fedor and he was all over Overeem's nuts until he left golden glory, then all of a sudden he was bashing Overeem.  He went from saying Overeem was the #1 HW to saying he was overrated basically, overnight.  Bas also talked bad about people using PEDS/painkillers and failing drug tests, then failed one himself in his last fight.
yeah i use to like bas but ever since he got his ufc dana club hall of fame he has turned into a complete shill what is ironic is that it was japan were bas made his name .

Again, only his last three fights were outside Japan. Hell, he's probably more known as a commentator in PRIDE than due to his MMA run.

Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1150
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Bas is the most overrated fighter ever.

Bas for a long time has made sure to never say anything bad about Zuffa. He also works with wsof.

Bas not liking somebody is a reason for me to like that person.

TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1834
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:

According to Bas Rutten and this article
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/
Remember that Bas became a Zuffa puppet over the years. I would like to hear both sides of the story. Even if everything Bas said is true Millen is the most important figure in the fight against Zuffa and he´s the vice preisdent of Rizin. We should thank Millen for helping JMMA come back.

Look at Millens twitter.. He´s one of very few who stands up against Ultimate cagefighting https://twitter.com/jerrymillen

Yeah, Bas became a zuffa propaganda piece to some degree, I've seen him talk bad about Fedor and he was all over Overeem's nuts until he left golden glory, then all of a sudden he was bashing Overeem.  He went from saying Overeem was the #1 HW to saying he was overrated basically, overnight.  Bas also talked bad about people using PEDS/painkillers and failing drug tests, then failed one himself in his last fight.
yeah i use to like bas but ever since he got his ufc dana club hall of fame he has turned into a complete shill what is ironic is that it was japan were bas made his name .

Again, only his last three fights were outside Japan. Hell, he's probably more known as a commentator in PRIDE than due to his MMA run.
I know i said it in another post but it does illustrate the point im making .really the only thing they remember about his ufc  run is the one with randleman in which many thought kevin was robbed .

westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1154
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum