Breakdown of Rizin days 2 and 3 by FKA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breakdown of Rizin days 2 and 3 by FKA

Post by fka on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:48 pm

First the non mma fights...

Takeru vs Yang Ming(K-1 the rules)
This fight had a decent pace with Takeru being a bit more on point.He was stalking and initiating alot and he got more and more aggressive.Very fast footwork and strikes,good kneese and after digging Mings body with around 4 body blows Takeru goes high and takes ming out of the fight.Good fight nice display of kickboxing.

Bob Sapp vs Akebono (Shootbox rules)

This was an utter train wreck haha....akebono has lost weight and bob came to fight but this was hardly a watchable affair.Bob wins in a fight i won't remember for long.

MMA BOUTS

Jleana Valentino vs Rena Kubota
This was a great coming out party for the debut of highly touted fighter Rena.She looked great on the feet good footwork,nice striking,and striking defense,her trips and throws were on display and great groundwork.But it was the finish people will talk about a very rare Flying Armbar .....great fight can't wait to see her again.

Asen Yamamoto vs Kron Gracie

Hands down one of my favorite fights from the entire event.19 year old Asen absolutely astounded me in his debut with his grappling ability getting out of multiple very bad situations,and often taking it to the gracie fighter with his fast straight striking.Kron won by submission but im more impressed by Asens debut he will fir sure be a star....dare i say legend in Rizin.

Baruto vs Peter Aerts?

Baruto was supposed to fight jerome le banner but on 2 days notice Peter Aerts steps in.

In even stranger news....Aerts was Barutos striking coach and Akiro Shoji was his judo coach in preparation for his fight with le banner....

Really herky jerky fight baruto really didn't strike at all he sumo rushed forward into judo throw and trip one after another he has good ground strikes due to size and looked to almost finish aerts.in what was a pretty crazy sloppy fight Baruto comes out on top.Baruto seems very inclined to use judo of he can develop his ground game further while learning basic boxing he could be a really big name for Rizin,im interested to watch his growth.

Andy Souwer vs Yuichiro Nagashima

Another debut but its a superstar kickboxer and boy did he look sharpe.Lightning fast strikes of unpredictable combos as well as devastating kneese and surprisingly well versed ground game.Souwer finishes Nagashima with absolute controlled violence.....Cannot wait to see him again has a good shot in mma.

Gabi Garcia vs Leid Tapa

Good god was this fight laughable or what?...Gabi has the exact striking skillset of Giant Silva haha bitch slaps.....and has absolutely no skill standing....Leid Tapa has raw power and coulda finished garcia early if she knew what she was doing.Gabi wins after a backfist knocks Tapa down and some brock lesnar style hammerfists finish her off.Horrible fight.....ronda need not worry about gabi in mma lmao maybe bjj but definitely not mma.I dont want to see gabi fight again .....

Brennan Ward vs Ken Hasegawa

This fight had me hyped as soon as it was announced Ward is a very exciting fighter and so is hasegawa it didn't disappoint with a back and forth striking anf grappling battle but in the end the speed and raw power of ward was to much as he put Hasegawa to bed.Great fight i wanna see both guys in RIZIN again.

King Mo vs Teodoras Aukstuolis (Tournament Semi Finals)

Great fight Aukstuolis did his best to avoid the takedown and used straight strikes to counter mo but king mo in japan couldn't be stopped.His boxing was loose and fluid and eventually got his wrestling game going landing some good takedowns and Gnp to beat Aukstuolis.Great fight with 2 guys i look forward to seeing again.

Vadim Nemkov vs Jiri Prochazka(Tournament Semi Final)

Excellent fight in truly a battle of experience vs raw hunger.....it was back and forth striking and grappling reverses and sweeps with both guys finding success in a high paced first round.Unfortunately for Nemkov he gave all he had and was too exhausted to answer the bell between rounds.Really good fight Nemkov will be a star and Jiri will too really am a fan of both guys now.

King Mo vs Jiri Prochazka(TournamentFinal)

This fight had good action with both guys being active and establishing range Jiri used alot of kicks and straight punches but mo only needed one shot to put him to sleep.Great fight king mo in japan cant be beat!!

Fedor vs Jaideep Singh

Well after all the wait it came.......the big moment....the return of FEDOR!!!!

fedor was smart didnt stand and brawl like he did in past he attacked the clich fast and got it to the ground where he pounded a terrified looking singh into submission.

Not much to go by in this fight other them fedor looks better not just physically but mentally too.Next opponent needs to be a meaningful one.

All in all Rizin was a success day 1 was a tribute and a goodbye to Pride and day 2 was a nod to the future.Fedors return was dwarfed by the performances of his disciples from team fedor.......Which is just what fedor wanted.

Safe to say Team Fedor will continue to entertain us and i am already counting down until april when the next rizin event will be.....btw fedor is fighting again.
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Breakdown of Rizin days 2 and 3 by FKA

Post by CDF47 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Another great breakdown fka.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Are the Team Fedor guys part of Red Devil Sport Club or does Fedor have his own thing going or is it because they're all Russian?
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:14 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:Are the Team Fedor guys part of Red Devil Sport Club or does Fedor have his own thing going or is it because they're all Russian?

I thinks it a new small elite club. They even have the Fedor Team shirts I have seen.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:59 pm

that Gabi Garcia fight was hilarious
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:05 pm

I watched the last half of the last day, starting with the Sapp/Akebono fight on Letv. So it was Chinese comentary over English with some Japanese in the middle. In other words, I couldn't keep track of most of the commentary, but there were stretches where only the English guys were talking and they sounded like idiots, especially during the Bob Sapp fight.
The Sapp fight was not a good fight, but it was not laughable/terrible/WTF/What am I watching/Those crazy Japanese! like the English guys made it sound like. Bob Sapp was put in a shootboxing fight against Akebono, who is of comparable size and age and without an entirely terrible record. Bob Sapp goes in fighting like he has not for the past three years. That alone is a good thing, a great thing. Not a stupid/laughable thing. Akebono gets cut and the Japanese handled it like professionals throughout the fight. Sapp targeted it like anyone would to get the Doctor Stoppage. The only person at fault is Akebono who did not know to do anything other than bum rush and failed to so much as block the Sapp's predictable strikes.
Anyone, got that off my chest. I am glad to see Bob Sapp serious again.

Nothing else to add except it was fun to see Andy Souwer massacre a cross dressing cosplayer. (Looks like kickboxing is a perfect background to transition to MMA.) And also glad for Fedor because Fedor!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum