Do you want UFC to go out of business?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you want UFC to go out of business?

Yes Zuffa must die!

No I want UFC to stay in business

View results

Re: Do you want UFC to go out of business?

Post by God of Thunder on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:15 am

stu3ufc wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:I want zuffa to go out of business and the UFC to be sold to people who cares about the fighters and promoting the sport for excitement not the same old generic shit year after year
Why do you even want the brand UFC to keep living on? It stands for trash no matter who the owner is. Just bury the crap.

Maybe under different hands they would treat fighters and fans better. still have a little hope

They're never going to allow pride fc rules in america so just keep that american cage fighting

The UFC was very different to the one we have now when it was under SEG

Thats the UFC i fell in love with before how it is now
I hated the original UFC and only started following mma thanks to PRIDE. I wouldn´t mind if they burned the UFC video library including the early years.

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:52 am

stu3ufc wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:I want zuffa to go out of business and the UFC to be sold to people who cares about the fighters and promoting the sport for excitement not the same old generic shit year after year
Why do you even want the brand UFC to keep living on? It stands for trash no matter who the owner is. Just bury the crap.

Maybe under different hands they would treat fighters and fans better. still have a little hope

They're never going to allow pride fc rules in america so just keep that american cage fighting

I feel the same exact way. UFC was my gateway to Pancrase, Battlecade, Shooto, RINGS, and Pride. I wouldn't have had an interest in the sport, or at least not as long as I have, if it weren't for those events in the 90s. It served a purpose and did it well enough.

The UFC wouldn't be half as bad as it is today if it weren't for the Fertittas and Dana White. Dana is the face of trashiness and is probably the main reason why the UFC attracts the type of crowd it does.

I think with new ownership, a professional president, a massive pairing down of the roster, and with not so much reliance on sub Division 1 wrestlers and Americans, and an emphasis on the best of what the world has to offer, I think it'd be tolerable product. I'd prefer Pride rules but it'd be impossible to regulate on American soil nowadays, at least on a large scale.

I think the visual production is actually pretty high quality. Not in the way that RIZIN has shown our any Japanese promotion beforehand had implemented but it is a rather clean look. The outdated audio production is what's holding it back in 2003.

I think there's definitely a place for the UFC. Just not a Zuffa operated UFC.

wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:42 am

Yes,I want the UFC to be killed with fire and it's ashes spread over the Pacific ocean.

I hope that sometime, thirty fifty years from now, they'll play some MMA documentary on the history channel and the UFC will be remembered as some kind of strange, unique "What were we/they thinking?" moment in MMA history, now largely forgotten as Asian MMA now dominates the sport. UFC fighters now fight in a ring in Japan and their former UFC affiliation goes unmentioned except as meaningless trivia.

Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:18 am

Hamilcar wrote:Yes,I want the UFC to be killed with fire and it's ashes spread over the Pacific ocean.

I hope that sometime, thirty fifty years from now, they'll play some MMA documentary on the history channel and the UFC will be remembered as some kind of strange, unique "What were we/they thinking?" moment in MMA history, now largely forgotten as Asian MMA now dominates the sport.  UFC fighters now fight in a ring in Japan and their former UFC affiliation goes unmentioned except as meaningless trivia.
That be great when not if it happens they zombies will deny it the ufc is slowly on the down slide anyway .  i give it five years i bet it won't even be the top org .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:23 am

Live like a dog. Fight like a dog.

Cage!!!!

Rizin once again showed how trashy the cage is and how it affects fighting in a negative way.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:17 pm

wekka wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

I feel the same exact way. UFC was my gateway to Pancrase, Battlecade, Shooto, RINGS, and Pride. I wouldn't have had an interest in the sport, or at least not as long as I have, if it weren't for those events in the 90s. It served a purpose and did it well enough.

The UFC wouldn't be half as bad as it is today if it weren't for the Fertittas and Dana White. Dana is the face of trashiness and is probably the main reason why the UFC attracts the type of crowd it does.

I think with new ownership, a professional president, a massive pairing down of the roster, and with not so much reliance on sub Division 1 wrestlers and Americans, and an emphasis on the best of what the world has to offer, I think it'd be tolerable product. I'd prefer Pride rules but it'd be impossible to regulate on American soil nowadays, at least on a large scale.

I think the visual production is actually pretty high quality. Not in the way that RIZIN has shown our any Japanese promotion beforehand had implemented but it is a rather clean look. The outdated audio production is what's holding it back in 2003.

Great post Wekka! getting into UFC led me into shooto and Pride FC....even back then zuffa werent as bad as they are now. It wasn't until the success of TUF 1 that they really started to push their weight around and fuck with media and fighters.

UFC has the potential to be amazing if it was slimmed down a little and you got rid of the zuffa mafia. UFC do have majority of the best fighters its just they're running the sport like utter shit with boring and pointless rematches. I'd love some grand prixs FFS just once in a while

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:35 am

stu3ufc wrote:
wekka wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

Great post Wekka! getting into UFC led me into shooto and Pride FC....even back then zuffa werent as bad as they are now. It wasn't until the success of TUF 1 that they really started to push their weight around and fuck with media and fighters.

UFC has the potential to be amazing if it was slimmed down a little and you got rid of the zuffa mafia. UFC do have majority of the best fighters its just they're running the sport like utter shit with boring and pointless rematches. I'd love some grand prixs FFS just once in a while

Absolutely. Before TUF, we weren't even getting monthly fight nights, just a card every two or so months, and that model is what got the UFC popular enough in the first place. Because they had a slim enough roster to where you were familiar with all the fighters and you could count on them to fight three or four times a year.

You could just do an eight man grand prix and that'd work out fine. Instead of having two Ultimate Fighters a year, why couldn't they determine who was the ultimate fighter out of what they currently had, once a year?

Dollar signs ruined this company.

wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:13 pm

That's because UFC lacks creativity, you have to understand their hustle, every single aspect about it is about finding ways to get money, it has nothing to do with the advancement of the sport

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:That's because UFC lacks creativity, you have to understand their hustle, every single aspect about it is about finding ways to get money, it has nothing to do with the advancement of the sport

They're just like the WWE..... no risks, no creativity ..just control the product down to every little detail for the soul purpose of making the most profit despite whats best for the sport or the hardcore fans

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum