Wanderlei Silva released from UFC contract

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wanderlei Silva released from UFC contract

Post by Kingfedor on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:42 pm

The UFC on Wednesday released Wanderlei Silva from his contract , freeing him to fight for other promoters.

Kingfedor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanderlei Silva released from UFC contract

Post by fka on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Source???link???

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:53 pm

if it is true than that is great question is what is he going to do ?obviously i would like to see him in rizin but not against saku we don't need to see that fight again .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingfedor on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:16 pm

fka wrote:Source???link???
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/attorney-following-public-apology-wanderlei-silva-released-from-ufc-contract

Kingfedor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Audax on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Wand was forced to retract all statements about fight fixing though. He was made to stay quiet unfortunately so it's a bitter-sweet piece of news.

Audax
G-MMA Twitter & Moderator

http://aeck.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:41 pm

So from what i read it seems they realised him when he apologised for the whole fight fixing thing .

I still think ufc has and does fix certain fights from time to time

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:44 pm

This is excellent news. Would love to see him headlining the April RIZIN card since Fedor won't be on this card.

Great to see Wand and UFC came to an agreement on this. It's been nearly 2 years since Wand fought last.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:45 pm

AudaxSynth wrote:Wand was forced to retract all statements about fight fixing though. He was made to stay quiet unfortunately so it's a bitter-sweet piece of news.
 yeah i say that is what deal was even if wand did have proof they would still deny and call him stupid names like a bunch of 5 year old's  . Why simple wanderlei is a pride fighter zuffa and its fanboys have always hated pride .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:56 pm

Wand vs. Shlemenko is the fight to make in RIZIN.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:03 pm

CDF47 wrote:Wand vs. Shlemenko is the fight to make in RIZIN.
 Or wanderlei vs melvin manhoef . or wanderlei silva  vs randy couture if he ever decided to come back slim i know .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:08 pm

westcott123 wrote:
 Or wanderlei vs melvin manhoef . or wanderlei silva  vs randy couture if he ever decided to come back slim i know .

Yeah, a lot of great fights possible for Wand at MW. Shelemenko, Khalidov, Manhoef, Slava, Halsey, Branch, Materla, Bigdash, Hasegawa, Ward, Tokov, Falcao.  A lot of great ones at LHW if he decides to go back to that weight class as well.

I like the Shlemenko fight best because it would be entertaining from the opening bell.  Someone would get KO'd.  Also, Wand is banned from MMA in US and Shlemenko has a 5 year ban from MMA in US, so they could make this happen in Japan in RIZIN.  Would be great to see as a headliner in April.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:18 pm

I hope Wand headlines the second Rizin show and if he wins gets matched with Fedor at the 3rd Rizin show.

TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:44 pm

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

Yeah, a lot of great fights possible for Wand at MW. Shelemenko, Khalidov, Manhoef, Slava, Halsey, Branch, Materla, Bigdash, Hasegawa, Ward, Tokov, Falcao.  A lot of great ones at LHW if he decides to go back to that weight class as well.

I like the Shlemenko fight best because it would be entertaining from the opening bell.  Someone would get KO'd.  Also, Wand is banned from MMA in US and Shlemenko has a 5 year ban from MMA in US, so they could make this happen in Japan in RIZIN.  Would be great to see as a headliner in April.
I thought wanderlei was only banned in nevada how much power does nevada have over there ? or do the other states go by what nevada says ?

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:54 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

I thought wanderlei was only banned in nevada how much power does nevada have over there ? or do the other states go by what nevada says ?

The other states will just follow Nevada

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Great news, I can't wait to see him fight in Japan back in the old form with all his tools at his disposal. We will see him have a career resurgence just like Belfort

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:Great news, I can't wait to see him fight in Japan back in the old form with all his tools at his disposal. We will see him have a career resurgence just like Belfort

Same here. Wand with soccer kicks, knees, and stomps again is going to be great.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:09 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:Great news, I can't wait to see him fight in Japan back in the old form with all his tools at his disposal. We will see him have a career resurgence just like Belfort
yeah back in japan kicking stomping kneeing he will put on fun fights as for him being  champ i think that time has past .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:18 pm

Yeah I agree, as far as plans for him though I would love to see the promotion give him a warm-up fight and then right away set him up for a title fight against another light heavyweight that is top contender at the moment and winning all his fights , and the winner will be crowned the first Rizin lhw champion of this new division

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Longtime Fan wrote: Yeah I agree, as far as plans for him though I would love to see the promotion give him a warm-up fight and then right away set him up for a title fight against another light heavyweight that is top contender at the moment and winning all his fights , and the winner will be crowned the first Rizin lhw champion of this new division

That would be cool.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by nhbnews on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Nevada's 'lifetime' ban won't stand up in court. They can suspend him for the life of his fighter's license, and then decide not to re-license him. But then another jurisdiction in the ABC could license him. Happened with boxer Joe Mesi.

nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media

http://eddiegoldman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:44 pm

would be awesome to see wand close his career out in Rizin with some show fights

Hell! what next? Arona coming back?

I fucking love Rizin! This is the sport we love not UFC/ NSAC/USDA corruption

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:51 pm

When we look back on wands career in the future, an asterisk should be placed next to all his ufc fights since we had to go through an mma dark era due to exclusion of certain strikes from the mma timeline

Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Great news. It's suck how it happened but Wanderlei taking 2 years off might be good for him. Gives his brain a chance to recoup but all of the punches. I'd love to see him in Rizin and Bellator. Perhaps him vs Tito (though I think they train together at Kings MMA so they may not fight now).

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Longtime Fan wrote: Yeah I agree, as far as plans for him though I would love to see the promotion give him a warm-up fight and then right away set him up for a title fight against another light heavyweight that is top contender at the moment and winning all his fights , and the winner will be crowned the first Rizin lhw champion of this new division
That would be great if rizin does it i wonder who that person will be like i said as much as im a huge fan wanderlei fan i don't think it will be him wand has been past his prime since 2006 .  I think fight against manhoef or shelmenko or hell even a tito rematch wanderlei  has wanted in the past to settle the score .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Longtime Fan wrote:When we look back on wands career in the future, an asterisk should be placed next to all his ufc fights since we had to go through an mma dark era due to exclusion of certain strikes from the mma timeline

I think WAND had a successful UFC career. He did join UFC a little past his prime but he did have some amazing wins and was unlucky with some judges decisions.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum