Fedor not fighting in april planning return later in the year WTF

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fedor not fighting in april planning return later in the year WTF

Post by m1challengefan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:50 pm

After original plans had Fedor Emelianenko returning to the Rizin Fighting Federation ring in April, it appears “The Last Emperor” now won’t see action until later in the year.

Here's an article below that I came across on mma junkie about 6 hours talking about how Fedor will not be competing at Rizin's april event.

Emelianenko (35-4) recently ended his more than three-year retirement from MMA competition on New Year’s Eve when he headlined the debut event for Rizin FF in Japan.

The former PRIDE champion needed just a little more three minutes to dispatch unheralded Jaideep Singh (2-1). He took the fight to the ground early on and unleashed a flurry of his trademark ground-and-pound until his opponent tapped out and forced the stoppage.

Emelianenko’s comeback fight revealed little about his place in the sport since Singh was a significantly overmatched opponent. The 39-year-old opted to sign with Rizin FF over other potential suitors such as UFC and Bellator, and due to that decision, he’s going to struggle to fight relevant opposition.

The search for Emelianenko’s next opponent is already on, but according to Rizin FF Vice President Jerry Millen, his planned returned date of April has been pushed back to later in the year, with no specific date or month mentioned (via Twitter):

Now that's not the full article but there was like another paragraph but the main point is that he won't be competing and I just find this really bizarre considering the big deal that was made of him returning and how he was saying he had a hunger to compete once again and he also stated after the Jaideep fight that he would be on the april show because he had enough time to heal four months.

Rizin representatives also said that even though Emelianenko would not be competing in april that the fans would not be dissapointed,now I don't know about you but after months to find out that his opponent was Jaideep and then to get through with that fight and to now be told that Fedor could be competing in as far as august of 2016 is really a let down and I think the only thing that could make up for this would be if Fedor ends up facing someone in Bellator in between now and august,but the fact that they say he will return later in the year doesn't give me any hope that he will end up in the scenario that I just mentioned.

Anyway's I would like to hear what some others make of this news because to me this seems very counter productive to Fedor shedding the 3 years of ring rust and getting back to facing stiffer opposition
m1challengefan

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor not fighting in april planning return later in the year WTF

Post by nodogoshi on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks for the info.

Too bad, but hopefully it'll pan out.

A shitty piece of writing, as is typical.

We appreciate the post though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:40 am

I don't know. I always saw Fedor's participation in Rizin as just a one-time thing to get the promotion off the ground. Kind of like how Bob Sapp would always be in these start up promotions for a one-off. I never expected Fedor to fight again after this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:49 am

To be honest i say fedor is only going to have a few more fights then retire again i doubt he will have another 20 fights i say about four or five .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:09 am

Hamilcar wrote:I don't know.  I always saw Fedor's participation in Rizin as just a one-time thing to get the promotion off the ground.  Kind of like how Bob Sapp would always be in these start up promotions for a one-off.  I never expected Fedor to fight again after this one.
Yeah this is how I see it as well. Fedor is pretty much still retired from his professional career but wanted to help JMMA rising to the top again. I don´t want to see Fedor fighting the best again, he already had an amazing career.
God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Golden Age wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:I don't know.  I always saw Fedor's participation in Rizin as just a one-time thing to get the promotion off the ground.  Kind of like how Bob Sapp would always be in these start up promotions for a one-off.  I never expected Fedor to fight again after this one.
Yeah this is how I see it as well. Fedor is pretty much still retired from his professional career but wanted to help JMMA rising to the top again. I don´t want to see Fedor fighting the best again, he already had an amazing career.
I think fedr just wanted come to back back and do the retirement tour as they say he is not the kind of guy who will stick out too long like some others . Fedor has already cemented his legacy anyway regardless of what any person says .
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Longtime Fan on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:55 pm

I hope this is all just posturing and negotiation tactics cause I wanna see fedor fight again before August.

I think fedor will fight more fights as long as he keeps on winning them. If he loses the. I see him fighting 4 fights total but if wins them all he might go on to fight 5-6 more depending on how his body is feeling. His mind is still sharp and he has that hunger, he just needs to recalibrate his engine and add some new tools.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Offense_Wins_Fights on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:14 am

Its Fyodor, he can call his shots.

Offense_Wins_Fights

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:53 pm

Offense_Wins_Fights wrote:Its Fyodor, he can call his shots.

LOL

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:25 pm

In an interview I saw Fedor said he would be ready to fight in April and it may have been a different interview but he also said he would take a break and things would be decided in February.

Millen works for Rizin, so perhaps Fedor will fight in Bellator or M-1 or something? Fedor vs Randy Couture would be huge for Bellator, much bigger than it would be in Japan I think. Or Fedor vs Lashley for the Bellator HW title since it sounds like Vitaly Minakov will be leaving for the ufc. Then Fedor can fight in the tournament in August in Rizin (if it's a HW tourney).

I want Fedor to be active for a couple of years (as long as he looks good) then call it a day. I also still hope to see him rematch Bigfoot and Henderson. Werdum signed an 8 fight contract with the ufc so I doubt that rematch will ever happen. 8 fights in the ufc is like 4 years or more at the rate their champs get to fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:25 am

In the video I posted in the "Rizin VP open to Fedor vs Wanderlei or Lesnar, doesn't foresee UFC run" thread, Mille says April could be possible (anything is possible). They just don't know yet, it depends on what Fedor wants to do. Fedor is on vacation with his family right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun May 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Have any of your opinions changed now that we have Fedor v Moldonado?

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sun May 01, 2016 6:14 pm

InfinityLens wrote:Have any of your opinions changed now that we have Fedor v Moldonado?

I would have still liked to see him fight in April. He easily beat his last opponent so it's not like he has a grueling fight. The more fights he has before he turns 40, the better. The older he gets the more likely he can lose to guys he wouldn't have before.

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:38 pm

If he beats Moldonado I think Graham from KSW would be a good next step.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Graham is not even close hes a step down from maldonado.

Fedor needs a ranked legit hw opponent preferably from the US.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:23 pm

^Agreed

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47