I'm afraid Rizin is going to waste Fedor's comeback

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm afraid Rizin is going to waste Fedor's comeback

Post by Kinosis on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:49 pm

I love what Rizin did in their first two shows and have high hopes for them but Fedor isn't getting any younger and it doesn't look like he is going to be on the April show. Fedor said originally that he wanted to fight again in April then apparently that didn't work out for some reason. Now the rumor is july or august for him. That's a 7 - 8 month layoff for a guy who is 39 and was off for 3.5 years already.

I'm also worried about who they are going to match him against since they haven't signed any big HWs besides him. I don't want him sitting on the sidelines forever and then not fighting anyone who matters. I didn't mind for the first fight because his opponent was dangerous on the feet and it was just a warm up fight. Bellator signed Wanderlei so I assume that fight won't happen now as it wouldn't be smart to take a chance of their new big star getting KO'd by Fedor, unless it's in Bellator.

I'm really hoping Fedor takes a fight in April if that is what he still wants, in Bellator, M-1, wherever. I'd like to see Fedor vs Lashley and Kharitonov vs Kongo, then have the winners fight later for the belt since nothing seems to be happening with the Bellator HW title. Then Fedor can fight in Rizin on NYE.

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm afraid Rizin is going to waste Fedor's comeback

Post by Longtime Fan on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:23 pm

I think it might go the opposite way. Rizin builds Fedor back up slowly into championship status. I hope so at least. I want to clarify that I want to see him active and fighting top comp too so let it be gods will as he says.

I just want to see him go on a long win streak and retire. Best case scenario wishful thinking.

"Even as he dished out massive punishment, Fedor seemed so calm and natural that it was scary. It reminded me of movies you see, how they portray serial killers doing terrible things and thinking nothing of it. Fighting was clearly Fedor’s calling." - Jeff Sherwood on Fedor.
Longtime Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:26 pm

I read an interview that suggested fedor may take part in the next gp but its obviously not confirmed.

I hope he fights a real opponent this time for sure.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Agree with you both. My biggest point was if he still wants to fight in April he should get to, regardless of where it is. If he waits till August that is a long layoff, he could always get injured, etc. It's best to fight while he is younger and hungry.

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:59 pm

cant we just be happy to see him fight?

I know I am.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:17 pm

stu3ufc wrote:cant we just be happy to see him fight?

I know I am.

Yup, but Fedor himself said he wanted to fight in April. He seems to want to be more active than they are allowing him to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Tue May 10, 2016 7:22 pm

stu3ufc wrote:cant we just be happy to see him fight?

I know I am.

No! I want to see him v good competition. Thankfully he is fighting Moldonado now.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue May 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Maldonado is not good....

Hes a bloated mw that fought lhw and now fights hw....

Plus he admits using illegal stuff and will be on it for the fight with fedir....

He needs a legit real hw man no more BS after this fight...

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Moldonado is 42 lhw and Fedor is 47 HW, that's not bad (though with some of the recent injury news...). If Fedor wins he should fight someone like Lashley.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum