Frank Mir: Bigfoot Silva settled argument on how well Fedor Emelianenko would have fared in UFC

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frank Mir: Bigfoot Silva settled argument on how well Fedor Emelianenko would have fared in UFC

Post by Kinosis on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:09 am

Just last year, it seemed as if revered mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter and former heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko would finally make his UFC debut.

However, after a lengthy negotiating process -- these things have become customary when "The Last Emperor" and ZUFFA talk money -- the Sambo master bolted for a familiar land, one that was headed by ex-PRIDE FC boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara.

Fedor signed with upstart Japanese promotion Rizin Fighting Federation (RFF) and collapsed his first opponent in over three years via strikes in just over three minutes back on New Year's Eve.

Despite being one of the most successful MMA combatants of his time, there will continue to be debates as to how he would have fared had he tried his luck inside the Octagon.

Lucky for him, former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir believes he has the answer.

From Mir's conversation with MMA Junkie:

"I was told constantly if these three guys came over to the UFC, they're going to clean house. It's going to be the PRIDE show in the UFC. The three big names from the PRIDE heavyweights that I had to hear about in the early 2000s were obviously Fedor (and) Nogueira. Everyone came over but Fedor. Fedor came over to an American show, but just not the UFC. He didn't fare any better. He lost to ‘Bigfoot' Silva, who smashed him. I have a win over ‘Bigfoot.' I think that kind of settles that argument of what he would have done in the heavyweight division here in the UFC."

Mir, a profound Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner, rose to prominence during the early part of the 21st century, right around the same time Fedor was beginning to tighten his stranglehold on the heavyweight division around the world. The Las Vegas native found paydirt in UFC and attained gold through the use of his slick submission background, but his run at the top was cut short because of a motorcycle accident.

Fedor, on the other hand, put together an illustrious win streak over an eight-year span that included romps over Andrei Arlovski, Antonio Nogueira and Mark Coleman. Then, when it appeared the Russian brute may finally sign with Dana White and UFC, the former's manager balked at the terms of the contract.

Fedor went on to finish several more foes in spectacular fashion, before trending downhill between 2010-11, when he was finished in three straight outings at the hands of Fabricio Werdum, Silva, and Dan Henderson before making a minor comeback attempt in Japan and Russia later on.

The rest is history.

So, as the debate rages on, I ask the question. Will Fedor go down as the greatest MMA fighter in your eyes?

Better yet, does Mir eventually get a crack at him?

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/19/11264044/frank-mir-bigfoot-silva-settled-argument-how-well-fedor-emelianenko-would-have-fared-ufc-mma#comments

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Re: Frank Mir: Bigfoot Silva settled argument on how well Fedor Emelianenko would have fared in UFC

Post by Kinosis on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:11 am

Is there a bigger piece of garbage in MMA than Frank Mir? The dude is always cocky but has had his face smashed in so many times.

By the way, Fedor's record against CURRENT UFC top 10 guys 2-1

Frank Mir's recorded against current UFC top 10 guys 0-4

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Re: Frank Mir: Bigfoot Silva settled argument on how well Fedor Emelianenko would have fared in UFC

Post by Kinosis on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:55 am

Make that 0-5 for Frank Mir against current ufc top 10 fghters. Rolling LMAO

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:11 am

Mir's one to talk. Before PRIDE got bought out, what did he do in The UFC? He beat Sylvia and Williams but then beat nothing but cans. Seriously, Mir didn't fight shit until UFC brought the PRIDE guys in. The Heavyweight division sucked.

By the way, if Mir wants to play that game then let's bring up some other fighters. Fedor knocked Arlovski out while Mir lost to him. Fedor submitted Mark Hunt while Mir just got KTFOed by him.

As for Bigfoot, an unmotivated Fedor lost to a Bigfoot who was also on TRT while a motivated Mir beat Bigfoot who wasn't on it.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:20 am

Lets not forget bigfoot EARNED 2 seperate title shots in the UFC.

mir akso got dusted by warmaster....fuck mir lol

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:32 am

fka wrote:Lets not forget bigfoot EARNED 2 seperate title shots in the UFC.

Yup, and TRT Bigfoot destroyed Arlovski when they fought the first time and had a major war with Hunt.

Off TRT Bigfoot got KO'd in the first round by Arlovski and Hunt. Plus Mir was on TRT himself for years.

But like I said, Fedor against the current top 10 HWs in the UFC is 2-1, Mir is 0-5.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 am

So because you beat bigfoot and fedor lost to him you think mma math gives you the answer as to how fedor would do in the UFC....

There are a few problems with this logic and variables that can be brought up for debates sake.

1)Using mirs own line of thinking fedor would have done just fine......he beat arlovski who not only beat mir but has done well in the UFC since his return.He beat hunt who just ktfo of mir and went on a streak culminating in a title fight.Also fedor destroyed big nog in his prime multiple times who came over to UFC and took the interim belt all banged up.

The argument about bigfoot is dumb imo.....bigfoot was on TRT which is something mir didn't have to deal with ....and bigfoot also earned a title shot in the UFC hes not some complete joke like giant silva was lol.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:10 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:Mir's one to talk. Before PRIDE got bought out, what did he do in The UFC? He beat Sylvia and Williams but then beat nothing but cans. Seriously, Mir didn't fight shit until UFC brought the PRIDE guys in. The Heavyweight division sucked.

By the way, if Mir wants to play that game then let's bring up some other fighters. Fedor knocked Arlovski out while Mir lost to him. Fedor submitted Mark Hunt while Mir just got KTFOed by him.

As for Bigfoot, an unmotivated Fedor lost to a Bigfoot who was also on TRT while a motivated Mir beat Bigfoot who wasn't on it.

The same Sylvia who was utterly dominated and brutally KO'd by Fedor.

That's a win for Mir, and congrats, but his best opponent was completely destroyed by Fedor.

We know Fedor's record against UFC heavyweight champs.

This shit got old a long time ago.

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:33 am

nodogoshi wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:Mir's one to talk. Before PRIDE got bought out, what did he do in The UFC? He beat Sylvia and Williams but then beat nothing but cans. Seriously, Mir didn't fight shit until UFC brought the PRIDE guys in. The Heavyweight division sucked.

The same Sylvia who was utterly dominated and brutally KO'd by Fedor.

That's a win for Mir, and congrats, but his best opponent was completely destroyed by Fedor.

We know Fedor's record against UFC heavyweight champs.

This shit got old a long time ago.

Fedor won by submission with a rear naked choke. Speaking of Sylvia, Fedor beat him faster (36 seconds while Mir won in 50 seconds).

Here's something else that's gold. Fedor beat more former UFC Champions than Mir ever did. Fedor beat Coleman, Randleman, Sylvia, Arlovski, and Nogueira. Mir only beat Sylvia, Lesnar, and Noguiera. Pretty sad since Mir has spent 15 years and all but his first two fights in the UFC.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:36 am

^And Mir wouldn't even have his win over Lesnar or his second win over zombie Nog if it wasn't for the ref saving him both times. Mir was getting his head beat in and the refs warned about hits to the back of the head, which only happened in Lesnar's case because Mir turns his head down and exposes his neck when he is in trouble. WHich would get him murdered in a real fight. Nog didn't eve hit the back of his neck but since the ref warned him he didn't want to lose a point and stupidly changed strategy.

I hope Mir doesn't retire because I love watching him drop like a sack of potatoes every time someone hits him. The guy has been brutally finished more times than almost anyone I can think of.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:58 am

Mir is unintelligent but thinks he´s smart. That´s very common among stupid people.

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Sean Mccorkle subd hunt who just dropped mir easily......which means..

Mccorkle would tap mir Smile

BELLATOR #1

fka

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:18 pm

fka wrote:Sean Mccorkle subd hunt who just dropped mir easily......which means..

That's right,...MMA Math just doesn't work. Styles have a lot to weigh in on fights.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:29 pm

fka wrote:Sean Mccorkle subd hunt who just dropped mir easily......which means..

Middleweight Melvin Manhoef knocked out Mark Hunt in 19 seconds which means he would knock out Mir in 9.5 seconds.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:55 pm

Kinosis wrote:Is there a bigger piece of garbage in MMA than Frank Mir?  The dude is always cocky but has had his face smashed in so many times.  

By the way, Fedor's record against CURRENT UFC top 10 guys 2-1

Frank Mir's recorded against current UFC top 10 guys 0-4

If you really add fedor record against people that fight/fought in the ufc he is 18 4 1 ,i'am talking the whole lot not just the ones that held the belt and even then he only lost once to werdum .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Exactly and besides if frank mir was so confident that the ufc guys were so much better why didn't he go over to pride and smash them all ? , if you think about it mir's biggest win apart from tim Sylvia is those 2 wins over a way past his prime noguiera .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:05 pm

Mir fought these guys YEARS out of their primes in a cage UNDER UFC RULES

if he went to PRIDE FC IN 2004-2006 he would have gotten murdered by all 3 of them

He beat a sick Nog then an old nog....had an awful fight with crocop and got lucky as hell. crocop wasnt the same as he was in pride

He beat a TRTless Bigfoot who had been brutally knocked out like 5 times before Mir faced him. Big foot silva is so out of his prime it's not funny. He's a walking target

Mir got one punched KTFO by Hunt...Fedor would smash mir.

Werdum would SMASH mir

Plus while crocop and fedor were having the fight on the decade he was losing to fucking Márcio Cruz and Brandon Vera

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:09 pm

stu3ufc wrote:Mir fought these guys YEARS out of their primes in a cage UNDER UFC RULES

if he went to PRIDE FC IN 2004-2006 he would have gotten murdered by all 3 of them

He beat a sick Nog then an old nog....had an awful fight with crocop and got lucky as hell. crocop wasnt the same as he was in pride

He beat a TRTless Bigfoot who had been brutally knocked out like 5 times before Mir faced him. Big foot silva is so out of his prime it's not funny. He's a walking target

Mir got one punched KTFO by Hunt...Fedor would smash mir.

Werdum would SMASH mir

Plus while crocop and fedor were having the fight on the decade he was losing to fucking Márcio Cruz and Brandon Vera
I agree and another this mythical contract that the ufc offered fedor the one were his supposed to make millions and millions funny how they never actually proved that it is true it was pretty uch yeah we gave fedor this huge contact zuffa zombie duh yeah i believe in that

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Even if that were true he didn't sign because of image rights...

Hes not dumb enough to sign away his likeness for eternity and not make shit in return.

Mir is a joke.....a talking fucking punchline.

BELLATOR #1

fka

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:38 pm

fka wrote:Lets not forget bigfoot EARNED 2 seperate title shots in the UFC.

Prime bigfoot also went the distance with werdum.

bigfoot was legit in his TRT days....he's a guy that actually needs trt and this ban probably fucked him up

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:22 pm

Well this just keeps getting better and better. Mir just failed his drug test: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Former-TwoTime-UFC-Champ-Frank-Mir-Alerted-to-Potential-AntiDoping-Policy-Violation-103045

I always knew he was roiding anyway because he was on TRT in his early 30s. No 30 year old, 265lbs buff guy has low testosterone. He had low testosterone from abusing steroids.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:50 am

Kinosis wrote:Well this just keeps getting better and better.  Mir just failed his drug test:  http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Former-TwoTime-UFC-Champ-Frank-Mir-Alerted-to-Potential-AntiDoping-Policy-Violation-103045

I always knew he was roiding anyway because he was on TRT in his early 30s.  No 30 year old, 265lbs buff guy has low testosterone.  He had low testosterone from abusing steroids.  

Well, whatever he was on, it didn't change his physique given how fat he's looked. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if he was on stuff years ago especially when he was jacked during the Kongo and Carwin fights.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by RussianTopTeam on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:51 am

looks like when Mir can't produce wins in the UFC, he starts talking shit JUST to stay relevant

RussianTopTeam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:35 pm

^Yup. I think you are exactly right. Mir is facing a 2 year suspension right now and will retire in disgrace if his b-sample comes back positive. I'd like to see him to go Rizin and get KO'd by Fedor in 1 minute instead.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun May 22, 2016 8:43 pm

Anderson Silva anybody? Mid-level dude in Pride comes to the UFC and is a world beater.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum