Kickboxing, the sport of the future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kickboxing, the sport of the future

Post by Offense_Wins_Fights on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:29 am

I'm a casual fan when it comes to Kickboxing. I'm wondering if there are one or two good websites for KB news/coverage... anyone one have suggestions? Where do hardcore kickboxing fans go?

Offense_Wins_Fights

Back to top Go down

Re: Kickboxing, the sport of the future

Post by Offense_Wins_Fights on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:32 am

Also, where are the "hotbeds" for Kickboxing in the U.S.? And/or Muay Thai?

I heard Joe Schilling say that he moved to Southern California/L.A. to train, because it was a hotbed for the sport... is he right?  Where else is KB strong?

Offense_Wins_Fights

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:34 am

Site that has some good info - http://www.liverkick.com/

KB is in mess and what is in future of sport is a big question

KB is not doing good since K-1's fall. Glory looked good in start but quality is down. Kunlun is more for Chinese market and there is Akhmat Fight Show who has great production (same people who did LEGEND show) but they need more fighters then just Badr Hari and Zabit Samedov and they are not 100% focused on KB because they do MMA and boxing. SUPERKOMBAT is decent org and FFC has some OK kickboxing and K-1 is still alive in Japan but they do only small divisions. Now we will get Bellator KB which seems to do KB with fighters who do KB and MMA but I do not see a lot of only KB fighters.

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:25 am

I'm looking forward to this new Bellator kickboxing league. Will be cool to see the cross-over fights and Dynamite shows.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Offense_Wins_Fights on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:Site that has some good info - http://www.liverkick.com/

KB is in mess and what is in future of sport is a big question

KB is not doing good since K-1's fall. Glory looked good in start but quality is down. Kunlun is more for Chinese market and there is Akhmat Fight Show who has great production (same people who did LEGEND show) but they need more fighters then just Badr Hari and Zabit Samedov and they are not 100% focused on KB because they do MMA and boxing. SUPERKOMBAT is decent org and FFC has some OK kickboxing and K-1 is still alive in Japan but they do only small divisions. Now we will get Bellator KB which seems to do KB with fighters who do KB and MMA but I do not see a lot of only KB fighters.

Thanks. LiverKick, looks good.

MMA might be the most internet-based/internet-friendly sport. Lots of dedicated and active sites and forums. That's something that Boxing and Kickboxing could benefit from that they seem to be lacking.

Offense_Wins_Fights

Back to top Go down

Post by Miike on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:43 am

Liverkick.com and Kickboxingplanet.com are probably the best at the moment.

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:

Glory fell of a bit but they seem to be getting back on track after their departure from Spike, they want to make it a legit sport now. Bellator Kickboxing will probably be more for entertainment and they will probably put up some freakshow fights that get high ratings, like Bellator does.

Rico Verhoeven has challenged Badr Hari, Badr Hari accepted. If Glory can make this happen...These are the types of fights that make people want to watch and become fans.

Kickboxing has it rough because there is a transition going on, the old guard of great fighters are mostly retired or past prime so new stars need to come up. Guys like Nieky Holzken, Rico Verhoeven, Gokhan Saki etc. They are already big amongst the hardcore fans, they have potential to become big mainstream.

Check out my videos!

Miike

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:25 am

Offense_Wins_Fights wrote:I'm a casual fan when it comes to Kickboxing.  I'm wondering if there are one or two good websites for KB news/coverage... anyone one have suggestions?  Where do hardcore kickboxing fans go?

http://www.kickboxingplanet.com

http://www.liverkick.com

two of the best IMO!!

Kickboxing > MMA

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

I wish people would shut up about K-1 ...K-1 you knew is dead and now its different.

There are so many good shows out there with fucking top level fights that make UFC look like a snoozefest! JDS and rothwell bored the shit out of me... i watch kunlun, max fight, K-1 Japan, WLF,thai fight, muay thai on TV all these great events. Glory is ok but kinda lame and boring.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeWarMachine on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Liverkick and Kickboxing Planet are the best for news

I like www.kiksie.com for its calendar. They don't have much info about the fights on the calendar, but you can see what is coming up and know which ones to look up individually.

New York and California seem to have the best domestic scenes for local pro shows and competitions. Denver's annual open Muay Thai tournament is this weekend. It's sort of like the Golden Gloves for Muay Thai, but it is for amatuers only. The pro scene is not as strong, although there is a pro kickboxing card the same weekend.

FreeWarMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:43 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
Offense_Wins_Fights wrote:I'm a casual fan when it comes to Kickboxing.  I'm wondering if there are one or two good websites for KB news/coverage... anyone one have suggestions?  Where do hardcore kickboxing fans go?

http://www.kickboxingplanet.com

http://www.liverkick.com

two of the best IMO!!

Kickboxing > MMA
Yeah these sites covers most of kickboxing for english speaking fans

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:40 pm

thanks for http://www.kiksie.com book marked

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 am

Kickboxing is in a weird a place. People who want to watch pure striking will watch the more popular Boxing and people who want to watch more realistic fights will just watch MMA.

The first Bellator Kickboxing show apparently didn't do good ratings and if Coker can't make it work in the US I don't know who can.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue May 24, 2016 2:38 pm

InfinityLens wrote:Kickboxing is in a weird a place. People who want to watch pure striking will watch the more popular Boxing and people who want to watch more realistic fights will just watch MMA.

The first Bellator Kickboxing show apparently didn't do good ratings and if Coker can't make it work in the US I don't know who can.

course it didnt it had no big names on it at all

cant just expect to get millions of views on first show...

I doubt bellator kickboxing will ever take off. It's a poor mans GLORY

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TeepToTheJunk on Tue May 24, 2016 3:25 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
InfinityLens wrote:Kickboxing is in a weird a place. People who want to watch pure striking will watch the more popular Boxing and people who want to watch more realistic fights will just watch MMA.

course it didnt it had no big names on it at all

cant just expect to get millions of views on first show...

I doubt bellator kickboxing will ever take off. It's a poor mans GLORY
It depends how we're measuring it.  EL sites report on US TV ratings, but Bellator's overarching business model is that of an international content provider with live ticket sales offsetting salary/infrastructure expenses.

In the US the kickboxing portion of the Italian event was broadcast on a week's tapedelay to follow Bendo/Koreshkov on Spike.  It peaked at 700k in the first hour, whick is ok-ish to have followed a whole MMA card.  That doesn't mean all 150 countries in their broadcast reach  got that delay or didn't get viewers.

13,000+ fans with a 1m+ gate (USD) at the 1st event is pretty damn hot. If they can provide combat sports content globally and co-promote getting big ass crowds they are gaining.  The US sports TV market is tricky, but their income streams are myriad and future international TV deal negotiations are bolstered by Bellator kickboxing.

Their upcoming card at the 02 arena with prelims on SpikeUK and main card on Channel 5 will be be big internationally for them, but the UK Market is the target.  Coker mentioned MVP kickboxing Daley at a future 02 card.  The moves they're making are international. Seen through that prism everything they're doing is a win.

WAR SPIKEFORCE

TeepToTheJunk

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue May 24, 2016 7:03 pm

700k aint bad.

MVP vs daley would be fucking insane ahaha awesome!! i wanna see that

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed May 25, 2016 12:16 am

stu3ufc wrote:700k aint bad.

MVP vs daley would be fucking insane ahaha awesome!! i wanna see that

Yes, MVP/Daley is the fight to make at WW for Bellator.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by TeepToTheJunk on Wed May 25, 2016 3:50 am

Yeah it would be madness.

Maybe Fedor kickboxing will now happen. Fedor kickboxing Aerts? Sapp? LeBanner? Kimbo?

TeepToTheJunk

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed May 25, 2016 12:20 pm

Kimbo vs Hong Man Choi please

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed May 25, 2016 9:03 pm

TeepToTheJunk wrote:Yeah it would be madness.  

Maybe Fedor kickboxing will now happen. Fedor kickboxing Aerts? Sapp? LeBanner? Kimbo?

That would be something to see, Fedor in a kickboxing match.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 pm

stu3ufc wrote:Kimbo vs Hong Man Choi please

I'd watch it

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by TeepToTheJunk on Wed May 25, 2016 11:59 pm

CDF47 wrote:
TeepToTheJunk wrote:Yeah it would be madness.  

That would be something to see, Fedor in a kickboxing match.
Its a long time dream of mine. Trains with the great Ernesto Hoost.  He can bang.

TeepToTheJunk

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu May 26, 2016 5:07 pm

how can ishii be shit if he's training with those guys

I hope we see improvements in Ishii I've never been blown away by him. No idea why at one time UFC sat him ringside and made out like they were gonna sign him scratch

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Ishii v Rampage is kind of dumb. Ishii should fight someone like Chase Gormley.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum