New Fedor interview (needs translating)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Fedor interview (needs translating)

Post by Kinosis on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Re: New Fedor interview (needs translating)

Post by Kinosis on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:16 pm

Another website had these notes.  I can't confirm if the info is correct or not as I don't speak Russian.  

-Reporter asks how close he is to his prime form of 6-8 years ago and Fedor responds with, "Listen Im going to be 40 years old in a few months (and laughs) however taking time off to rest and heal some injuries has helped a lot and I feel better than I have in a long time."

-Reporter asks about how Fedor feels about the Stipe- Werdum fight. Fedor says Werdum looked like he put on some fat and was a lot slower and sloppier than he expected but says win for Stipe was legit and definitive and a legit KO, also says its important to understand that in this division that can happen to anyone. Says he would love to fight Werdum if the UFC can make it happen.

-Reporter asks about fighting in the UFC and if Fedor thinks he can hang with the elites over there. Fedor says, "Its one thing to think I can but its a whole different thing to show those results in the cage. I believe that I am capable of competing with the best in the UFC."

-Reporter asks about Conor McGregor potentially fighting Floyd Mayweather and Fedor says he thinks its bullshit and its just media hype and there will be no such bout.

-Reporter asks if Fedor would like to have a rematch with Bigfoot Silva if it is possible and Fedor says why not.

-Reporter asks Fedor what went wrong in his losses and Fedor answers, "you know when those losses happened I didn't make any excuses but now that some years have went by I would like to say that the truth is I was going through some serious personal and family problems at the time of those losses and some important decisions had to be made which caused a lot of stress and distractions."

Other questions were asked about the guys from Fedor Team and he just talks about their development. Moldavsky, Tokov, Nemkov and Sidelnikov. Says that they have all improved a great deal and will have great showings.

-Reporter asks about Fedor's camp and preparation. Fedor says he is starting to peak and will start to calm the training down by next week and work on technique as they get closer to the fight. So far has has been working on kick boxing and grappling the most. Says that he has put in a lot of work into his judo too.

Last edited by Kinosis on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Good info. He is getting older for a fighter, near 40 now, so this is the time to take on the guys that beat him in the past before he and they are too old.

He is probably right about Conor boxing match.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:39 am

I updated the above english translation with some new information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Assuming Fedor destroys Maldonado and he stays with Rizin/Fight Nights Global/Bellator, the fights I want for him (in any order) are:

1. Bigfoot Silva rematch (if one of these organizations can sign him)
2. Dan Henderson rematch (if one of these organizations can sign him)
3. Wanderlei Silva (cool fight between legends)
4. Kharitonov/Bobby Lashley/Kongo (as Bellator debut)
5. Vs whomever is the champ in Bellator (then retirement or Werdum rematch if possible).

That would give him 5 or 6 more matches and he can ride off into the sunset. He could do that by fighting 2-3 times a year for the next 2 years. Plus they are all name guys and worthy of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Kinosis wrote:Assuming Fedor destroys Maldonado and he stays with Rizin/Fight Nights Global/Bellator, the fights I want for him (in any order) are:

1.  Bigfoot Silva rematch (if one of these organizations can sign him)
2.  Dan Henderson rematch (if one of these organizations can sign him)
3.  Wanderlei Silva (cool fight between legends)
4.  Kharitonov/Bobby Lashley/Kongo (as Bellator debut)
5.  Vs whomever is the champ in Bellator (then retirement or Werdum rematch if possible).

That would give him 5 or 6 more matches and he can ride off into the sunset.  He could do that by fighting 2-3 times a year for the next 2 years.  Plus they are all name guys and worthy of him.

Great fights. I would only replace Wand at 3 with Blagoy (rematch from Combat Sambo).

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:52 pm

^I would be fine with that. I actually hated the Fedor vs Wandy idea at first when I heard it because they were my two favorite fighters back in the Pride days and I don't want to see either one lose. But it's kind of grown on me, and it is legendary.

If Fedor/Wandy did happen I would prefer it be in the finals of the Open Weight GP or an epic NYE fight in Japan. If it never happens, no biggie.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Kinosis wrote:^I would be fine with that.  I actually hated the Fedor vs Wandy idea at first when I heard it because they were my two favorite fighters back in the Pride days and I don't want to see either one lose.  But it's kind of grown on me, and it is legendary.  

If Fedor/Wandy did happen I would prefer it be in the finals of the Open Weight GP or an epic NYE fight in Japan.  If it never happens, no biggie.

I feel pretty much the same way.  If they don't fight it is fine with me but if they do, I hope it is epic and finals of OW GP would be excellent for that.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum