UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by fka on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:13 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/11/11910628/ufc-hires-lobbying-firm-to-combat-extension-of-ali-act-to-mma


Hope they bring it to mma....we desperately need it.

fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6433
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Sadly, is anyone surprised? These assholes will do anything to hold on to their power. It's all about Zuffa and no one else.

Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1163
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by fatty on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Title of article reads as ufc scum hires scum bags to fight for them against the Ali act.

fatty

Location : uk
Posts : 123
Join date : 2015-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:39 pm

This is the closest Ali Act has ever been to MMA.  They are talking about applying Ali Act to all combat sports in the US.  That would be a big change to the MMA industry.  Maybe that's why Zuffa is looking sell.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by fka on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Dude whats with this new layout...... its terrible guys... Sad

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6433
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:27 pm

fka wrote:Dude whats with this new layout...... its terrible guys... Sad

I think it looks good with Fedor fight coming up.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by fka on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Well im using mobile and its absolutely horrible man super hard to navigate and just clunky.



I only use my phone but im gonna have to use clasic version this layout is bad.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6433
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by fka on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Ahhhhhhhh so much more soothing on the eyes.....classic is better.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6433
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by CODELMJVG on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:47 am

CDF47 wrote:This is the closest Ali Act has ever been to MMA.  They are talking about applying Ali Act to all combat sports in the US.  That would be a big change to the MMA industry.  Maybe that's why Zuffa is looking sell.

Makes sense needs to happen and make it more legitimate.

CODELMJVG

Location : USA
Posts : 234
Join date : 2015-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:58 pm

fka wrote:Well im using mobile and its absolutely horrible man super hard to navigate and just clunky.



I only use my phone but im gonna have to use clasic version this layout is bad.

I see. I had problems with mobile in the past as well. I am using laptop so no issues with it.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:59 pm

CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:This is the closest Ali Act has ever been to MMA.  They are talking about applying Ali Act to all combat sports in the US.  That would be a big change to the MMA industry.  Maybe that's why Zuffa is looking sell.

Makes sense needs to happen and make it more legitimate.

They are also talking about a modified version of the Ali Act as a possibility. That may be a good option as well.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by warrior23 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Guys can anyone explain to me if you want what is the Ali Act?because i read it but i cant figure it out completely.

_________________
''Hey, im not surprised motherf***ers''

warrior23

Location : new york
Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:52 pm

^There is a lot to it but basically it would end the way contracts are handled in MMA. Fighters would not be tied to an org. forever, there would be an independent sanctioning body to rank fighters, there would be world titles like in boxing, and much more. There are articles on MMA websites right now describing all the changes.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:15 am

warrior23 wrote:Guys can anyone explain to me if you want what is the Ali Act?because i read it but i cant figure it out completely.

I think the most core provision is that a promoter is not suppose to simultaneously act as a manager.

It was basically anti-Don King legislation, if I'm not mistaken.

_________________

nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4451
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by warrior23 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:17 am

Oh okay thank you..i will re-read it to figure it out completely.

_________________
''Hey, im not surprised motherf***ers''

warrior23

Location : new york
Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:22 am

CDF47 wrote:^There is a lot to it but basically it would end the way contracts are handled in MMA.  Fighters would not be tied to an org. forever, there would be an independent sanctioning body to rank fighters, there would be world titles like in boxing, and much more.  There are articles on MMA websites right now describing all the changes.

Love how UFC claims fighters are independent contractors yet force them to accept rules that make them employees and force them into exclusive contracts where they cant fight anywhere else

_________________





stu3ufc

Posts : 5125
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:06 pm

mma tittles are worthless. mma promotion own the belt and can indicate what goes on.

_________________



"The sheep are still asleep in zuffiaa safe media world, so my mission is to wake them up

and expose them by telling them the truth . Afterward I unplug the brainwashing machine

of their head from zuffia."
- kayneoTheRisingWarrior

kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Location : earthrealm
Posts : 1554
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by CDF47 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:46 am

stu3ufc wrote:
CDF47 wrote:^There is a lot to it but basically it would end the way contracts are handled in MMA.  Fighters would not be tied to an org. forever, there would be an independent sanctioning body to rank fighters, there would be world titles like in boxing, and much more.  There are articles on MMA websites right now describing all the changes.

Love how UFC claims fighters are independent contractors yet force them to accept rules that make them employees and force them into exclusive contracts where they cant fight anywhere else

Yeah, good point.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:06 pm

So if Bellator wanted to use a a UFC guy they could (as long as the fighter accepted) and vice versa?

InfinityLens

Location : The Global MMA Forum
Posts : 1041
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC hires lawfirm to comat the ali act coming to MMA

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:58 pm

InfinityLens wrote:So if Bellator wanted to use a a UFC guy they could (as long as the fighter accepted) and vice versa?

No, they would still have contracts to promoters.

Sanctioning bodies would require some title fights and provide rankings so there would likely be cross-promotion.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10815
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum