ZUFFA selling UFC looks legit! 4Billion for 100% ownership

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ZUFFA selling UFC looks legit! 4Billion for 100% ownership

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:00 am

warrior23 wrote:Guys you will understand why Dana and Fertittas are so much for the ufc when they'll leave. It will turn to a shitty organization, non regulated, it will turn either to sth like Rizin or to sth like bellator. Unless the new guys create a relationship with Dana etc and continue this model with the same type of ideas.

You dont know that and you dont know who they would put in charge.

The zuffa model is garbage! They are not perfect.

Why compare the UFC to an event like Rizin which has had 1 fucking show in a market thats declined? makes no sense. and comparing it to Bellator?? They're doing extremly fucking well for themselves despite the freak shows I'm sure FKA can back me up for once cat Gates, revenue and TV ratings are massively up.

Again you sound like you have Dana's balls in your mouth. Zuffa is CANCER

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Kinosis wrote:I really don't see how the 4 billion number everyone is reporting can be correct.  George Lucas sold Star Wars and Indiana Jones for 4 Billion.  I would think those properties would be worth a heck of a lot more than the ufc.  Either way, glad they will be gone soon.  This is probably why Fedor said he is closer than ever to signing with them lol.

Thanks for the info Rocksoldier84.  

Yeah I gotta agree, but the numbers you hear related to Zuffa are always bullshit. That goes for the value of the company, their PPV buys, their fighter pay, you name it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:48 am

nodogoshi wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:Another thought: Imagine if the UFC gets sold to China.  We might have a bunch of Chinese fighters coming to the US to train.

The relative lack of skill of some Chinese fighters is more due to not having coaches who have been in the business for twenty-some years than some weird cultural theory some people have.

It would be interesting to see what happens.

I'm no Chinese nutthugger, but they'll probably succeed for one reason: they have money for days (it's called being "well capitalized" in technical parlance).

I'm not a Chinese nuthugger either, nor a sinophile. I am excited about this because, one: we will be rid of the mobsters (though, perhaps replaced with some Triads, but hey, it's a change). And two: Combat sports is an area that I would like to see the Chinese be more involved in. I think they can do some real good in that area, like the Japanese did.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:06 am

Them oriental folk do know that their, their own martial art type fighting, that much is for certain.

Most Chinese enterprises are horribly managed. But if China really and truly embraced martial arts we'd have Jackie chan (look a like and fight a like) vs jet li (look alike and fight alike).

China buying UFC is potentially the greatest thing to happen in the history of man kind.

There's a legit possibility that there are some Chinese politicians who look at Dana White's vulgar persona and how he denigrates the ancient arts, and are even willing to spend state funds to do it. Every man has his price.

Shit can't get worse than zuffa so if the Chinese succeed it's a new era. Or else, who gves a shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Warrior.......

Ufc got bought because dana and the fertittas pulled a screwjob.

Lorenzo was on the commission and denied legalizing it ......then steps down as member and buys the ufc with dana white and its easily legalized after that.

Whose to say what the ufc woukd have been like if it were still led by original crew...

Before dana came in they akready put into place rules,weight classes,time limit,judging,had ppv,all they needed was to not be dicked around by the fertitta bros.

Ufc isnt the entire sport if it goes down their roster will be spread around and strengthen the entire sport.Ufc is THE ONLY org not willing to put together world cup style tournaments.If danas moronic ass leaves with the other mobster assholes we can legitimize the entire sport on a whole new level.

Dana has done few good things and has done alot of dirty shit and as we speak the guys you think are great fir the sport ......are thriwing money at lawyers trying to keep Ali Act out of mma and keep the power with the promotions.

Anyone who supports that can't call themselves a fan of the sport......

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by warrior23 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:16 pm

fka wrote:Warrior.......

Ufc got bought because dana and the fertittas pulled a screwjob.

Lorenzo was on the commission and denied legalizing it ......then steps down as member and buys the ufc with dana white and its easily legalized after that.

Whose to say what the ufc woukd have been like if it were still led by original crew...

Before dana came in they akready put into place rules,weight classes,time limit,judging,had ppv,all they needed was to not be dicked around by the fertitta bros.

Ufc isnt the entire sport if it goes down their roster will be spread around and strengthen the entire sport.Ufc is THE ONLY org not willing to put together world cup style tournaments.If danas moronic ass leaves with the other mobster assholes we can legitimize the entire sport on a whole new level.

Dana has done few good things and has done alot of dirty shit and as we speak the guys you think are great fir the sport ......are thriwing money at lawyers trying to keep Ali Act out of mma and keep the power with the promotions.

Anyone who supports that can't call themselves a fan of the sport......

I know fertittas and dana are not angels and they have done bad things for the sport also. But to say someone cant call themselves fan of the sport because they are not ungrateful and naive is stupid. I am a true fan of the sport and i enjoyed pride, i enjoy every mma event. I enjoy fighters who never fought in the ufc like Fedor and admire every aspect of mma. But to my eyes, firstly ali act isnt suitable for mma. Mma its not boxing. You can deny that all you want, but go ask mma dudes, referees etc..whoever you want and they'll say the same. Dana and Fertittas bought the ufc when it had almost gone bankrupt and turned it into a multi million dollar company. They boutht strikeforce and they paved the way for the other organizations copying a little that model to become more professional and prestigious. Before bying many organizations we could see all other organizations were shitty and poor in everything. This is a monopoly from one side which i understand its bad but this monopoly, just because ufc is admined by smart businessmen turned the whole mma world into a more competitive and famous sport. Every fan of mma today watches ufc. Not every fan watches all the other events. Why's that? You can blame them all you want. Ufc would be a mediocre organization today if someone else have bought it back then. And the whole sport wouldnt be at this level. Many shitty decisions from fertitta and dana yes..im not licking their feet neither i like them..why would i? do they pay me?but i understand that yes they dont control well some things like the incident with Ariel or Loretta Hunt in the past..thats wrong i know that..also many decisions..fighters paymentm reebok sponsor, interim belts. And many others. But without them, investing their money and brain this business would be nothing like that today. Im not naive neither ungrateful. You want chinese men to turn ufc into a pride?then you cant call yourselves real mma fans. Because that means you want it to turn to a poor drug testing sports, with bad and dangerous rules, shitty referees without knowledge who come from super mario world and no doctors. There is a reason UFC is in the top while every other organization is in the middle today. Look we can agree to disagree, i have my opinion and you have yours and nobody will change each other opinon. I insulted the other creep the petrosyan fan in that way not because i think my opinion is the best or sth like that but because he called me a zuffa zombie when he is clueless about the sport and my perspective. But i respect your opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:12 pm

stu3ufc wrote:To the person saying a new affliction style org can get popular buy losing money on events..... no chance! No REAL smart business man will ever go 3 years wasting their money and time for a profit. huge risk!

They wouldnt have become wealthy in the first place by doing such reckless things.

Real business men want to make the most profit and that means paying fighters next to nothing!

and that goes with the UFC they arent just gonna start bleeding money if they bought the thing
I talked before that it is about tv contracts.

You give me a prime time on CBS and decent budget and I will give you a org that will become HUGE 100%

But can I get prime time on CBS? Not! But there are people who are owners of TV station so they put their MMA org on their TV channel (I am talking about Bellator).

It works like that everywhere, for example FFC become big here because a guy who owns a cable tv channel put his org on his TV channel. Now FFC is on American tv because part of FFC was bought by American cable channel group or something like that. M-1 Global owner told if they get removed from Russian national tv that they are basically dead (Putin had to save M-1).  Pride was THE BIGGEST org on world and without TV contract they where dead.

So you need either tv contract or you can go on PPV.

You should get good tv contract before going PPV (and people who have 4B for UFC should be able to get decent tv contract)  but let's say you only have money .

Now what do we know about PPV?
I remember when Hunt and JDS where about to fight hype was HUGE really HUGE. (Do you remember?)
How much PPVs did die hard fan event sold? 380K

Now I remember Ronda fighting some Brazilian(Bethe Correia)  that is not even legit opponent.
How much did that sold? 900k

What can we learn from that?

That is why someone who has a monopoly on TV contract says I will put horrible fights will pay fighters even worse and you get crap like we have today.

I will never understand a organization (UFC) that will put fight cards with bunch of boring small division fighters that only go to boring decisions and will not have figters like Cheick Kongo who left UFC because Bellator gave him better money 30k fight+30k for win (small money IMO). If I was UFC I would be putting  Kongo vs. unknown fighters who look to be a decent prospects if it turns out that fighter is not good he will get KOd by Kongo and you will have crowd pleaser or if he beats Kongo than you have a new decent fighter.
If I run UFC fights like this would be part of every fight cards instead of small fighters-  Kongo vs Parry 2, Kongo vs. Satoshi Ishii/Soa Palelei/Gonzaga, Soa Palelei vs. Gonzaga/Duffee/Nelson, no boring fight with Melvin Manhoef imagine all fights that could be made with Kharitonov...

The WORST thing is that you can make decent org for "small money" from fighters like Kongo.
That is basically what is Bellator doing.

Now why Ronda vs. Correia sells 900k?  
I do not know how to call that  but it happens because of media who talk about Ronda and McGregor instead of focusing on right things.

If I was billionaire I would start organization like Affliction and I guarantee you it would be successful.
If that type of media attention like for Ronda is needed OK.(although I think it can be done without it)
For first event Rampage will be boxing against Roy Jones Jr.(who btw allegedly fights for less than 100k) and Rampage will come to Maywether for "boxing instructions"  but "incident" will happen and there will be a video of Rampage KOing Mayweather on internet. When asked about incident Rampage will say that fight happened because Floyd was teaching him how to box wrong way and that Mayweather was only first victim and that he will conquer whole boxing world and that Roy Jones Jr. is next. Or they got in fight because of some girl(for good image). Imagine if this happened how much ego of Mayweather whould be hurt and what trash he would talk and how this would become MMA vs. boxing thing and would escalated and become a HUGE news and event and all. And btw Roy sucks today and would loose fight imo what would make it event bigger. If Rampage would not want to KO Mayweather we could pay to Mayweather to fake that incident and than all could come lather that it was fake. Backup option would be Badr Hari KOing Justin Bieber Rolling LMAO considering Badr history, character and public image would not be problem to do.
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Pea Is My Mom on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:02 pm

What are the odds on Dana ending up in a ditch at the end of this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:37 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
warrior23 wrote:Guys you will understand why Dana and Fertittas are so much for the ufc when they'll leave. It will turn to a shitty organization, non regulated, it will turn either to sth like Rizin or to sth like bellator. Unless the new guys create a relationship with Dana etc and continue this model with the same type of ideas.

You dont know that and you dont know who they would put in charge.

The zuffa model is garbage! They are not perfect.

Why compare the UFC to an event like Rizin which has had 1 fucking show in a market thats declined? makes no sense. and comparing it to Bellator?? They're doing extremly fucking well for themselves despite the freak shows I'm sure FKA can back me up for once  cat Gates, revenue and TV ratings are massively up.

Again you sound like you have Dana's balls in your mouth. Zuffa is CANCER

Not to mention that the Zuffa model doesn't guarantee success. Having to smear or buy out companies doesn't help the sport. It give fans less options and fighters less options all the while Zuffa gains far too much power to the point where fighters and media are screwed. Again, people talk about Zuffa building MMA but they've done far more damage to the actual sport and really only built a company. They're also responsible for breeding one of the most obnoxious and annoying fanbases in the history of sports in Zuffa Zombies who don't think for themselves and think every other company sucks.

The Zuffa Model has also been a fluke to a degree as The Ultimate Fighter wasn't expected to be as successful as it was, PRIDE fell apart, and Strikeforce had investors who weren't in it for the long haul. Even if TUF was successful, it's hard to see how big UFC would've gotten if PRIDE and Strikeforce remained as UFC benefited heavily from a lack of competition and the fighters those companies built up.

Meanwhile, there's been plenty of successful formulas as PRIDE in it's heyday was bigger than UFC and only fell apart because of a yakuza scandal. Prior to that, they were running sold out stadium shows multiple times a year while having a bigger TV deal than UFC has. Bellator is the biggest it's ever been with pretty much everything being up while having TV deals around the world and are now touring globally. ONE has exposed MMA to many countries and is nearly worth a billion dollars in only five years.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:55 am

Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:What are the odds on Dana ending up in a ditch at the end of this?

It really depends on what position Dana is in after the buy, if it is bought by China. If the Chinese give him free reign, then as long as Dana wants.
If the Chinese billionaires, however, want a say in what's done, and Dana doesn't follow, then Dana will be kicked out. It's the whole Chinese face thing. Rich Chinese don't take well to be argued with at all. You have to do as they say or they will kick you out.

There's a weird Chinese movie that's been in development hell for years because the producer is some Chinese billionaire who decided to make a movie with white actors and directors. He keeps firing the directors because they have their own ideas on how to make a movie.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamite on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:03 am

Its official.

http://www.flocombat.com/article/42845-sources-ufc-sale-completed-to-william-morris-endeavor-led-group
Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:36 am

fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:00 pm

so what your saying is have your mma org bought by a major media outlet who have billions yet will control everything you do even if its not in the best interests of the sport and will drop you like a bad smell if your ratings are poor???

no thanks! you cant buy yourself success! take years and YEARS to establish a popular brand. zuffa lost 40 million and the ferritatas are wealthy billionaires where 40million is small change and even they wanted to sell up after 4 years...

Business men hate LOSING MONEY! no matter how rich! even the super fight league guys started off HUGE and then realised shit! were not making any money here then SFL went shit with local indian bums fighting each other.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Dynamite wrote:Its official.

http://www.flocombat.com/article/42845-sources-ufc-sale-completed-to-william-morris-endeavor-led-group

Never heard of that group. According to the article it is still a company linked with TenCent and DaLian WanDa. So, we still got Chinese owners of the UFC. Also, it sounds like Dana might be leaving.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum