30-27 Rampage? WTH?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

30-27 Rampage? WTH?!

Post by Kinosis on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:15 pm

How did a judge give that first round to Rampage? All he did was get taken down 2 times and beat on (though Ishii isn't that active with GnP). Ishii for sure won round won. I was really scoring it when watching it but I thought Ishii won the fight under the 10 point must system. Gave him rounds 1 &2. Either way, that one judge should be fired.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Re: 30-27 Rampage? WTH?!

Post by Dorch on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:29 pm

Agreed , scored it 29-28 ishii but i thought upon viewing it live the 2nd round was close . still unified rules suck and ishi did nothing but under US and A rules he won.

Dorch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 pm

Yeah, Ishii didn't come to fight but he should have won under unified rules. He most certainly won the first round. There is no way to give that one to Rampage. At least Rampage was trying to finish in the third round. They probably should have just declared it a draw as the second round is the one people are split over.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorch on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:54 pm

Yea 1st round was clearly ishii, if ishi had cardio to do some good GNP maybe it would have been a good night for him but he just got tired going for his trips

Dorch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:04 am

That tends to be a problem with him. He gasses out as fights go on and he really doesn't do much damage with his GnP. I watched his 2 fights with Cro Cop today to get a feel for him to see how I thought he would do against Rampage. When he was on top of Cro Cop he didn't do much either. If I was his coach I'd have him practicing hard GnP all the time.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:03 am

what a fucking awful fight

ISHII fucking sucks. i've said it before and i'll say it again! he fucking sucks ...he's boring and has no talent AT ALL

Rampage looked like shit at HW

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:25 pm

I wouldn't say Ishii sucks, but he is boring.  He has great takedowns.  I really like his combo of using an ouchi-gari to set up a single-leg if the ouchi-gari doesn't work.  I haven't seen anyone combine those two techniques like that.  

Against Rampage he showed the same issues he has always had:

1.  After he takes people down he doesn't really do anything except control them.  If he does GnP, it's very weak.  I really think he should try to use some elbows so he can at least cut people if he isn't going to try and finish them with punches.

2.  His cardio is not good.  He starts to fade in the second round and gets worse from there.  Even against Cro Cop (both times) he showed good punch defense and even countered against a great striker, was able to take him down, etc but by the second round he was tired and ate a head kick (in the second fight).  

If I was Ishii's coach I would be working his fight specific cardio hardcore.  Have him work to get takedowns for 3 rounds and then make him follow up with 2 rounds of 5 minute GnP training on a heavy bag.  That's his bread and butter, he should be focused on that. Unfortunately, as of now, he is the Judo version of a lay n pray wrestler.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:32 pm

ISHII is boring because he FUCKING SUCKS!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Very bad fight. I couldn't believe when I heard the 30-27 score. First round was clearly Ishii's. I scored it 29-28 Ishii.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum