UFC 200: Winners and losers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UFC 200: Winners and losers

Post by Kinosis on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:20 am

Winners

Cain Velasquez- He got his first win in 3 years, added some new techniques and looked good. Now if he can just stay injury free.

Jose Aldo- Beat a great fighter in Edgar. Fought smart, looked great.

Anderson Silva- In his early 40s, took a fight on 2 days notice with no training and was beating the LHW champ on the feet. It's a personal victory.

Losers

Cormier- Look terrible and fought a really boring fight.

Mark Hunt- Didn't do anything besides a few punches here and there. When he did throw Lesnar looked afraid but Hunt didn't follow up. He didn't even cut off the cage, he just walked around following Lesnar.

Travis Browne- He just lost again and his only wins in years are Schaub and Mitrione.

The main event- I didn't even watch it but I heard Tate lost. Eh

The ufc- this event sucked balls. 4 out of 10. So much hype, so little delivery.

Eh

Brock Lesnar- Fought a boring fight like Cormier did, but has his fan base. Made a good payday but still looks terrified of punches. He did get a win though, so that's a personal victory after his time off.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 200: Winners and losers

Post by Heretic on Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:04 pm

Kinosis wrote:Winners

Cain Velasquez- He got his first win in 3 years, added some new techniques and looked good. Now if he can just stay injury free.

Jose Aldo- Beat a great fighter in Edgar. Fought smart, looked great.

Anderson Silva- In his early 40s, took a fight on 2 days notice with no training and was beating the LHW champ on the feet. It's a personal victory.

Losers

Cormier- Look terrible and fought a really boring fight.

Mark Hunt- Didn't do anything besides a few punches here and there. When he did throw Lesnar looked afraid but Hunt didn't follow up. He didn't even cut off the cage, he just walked around following Lesnar.

Travis Browne- He just lost again and his only wins in years are Schaub and Mitrione.

The main event- I didn't even watch it but I heard Tate lost. Eh

The ufc- this event sucked balls. 4 out of 10. So much hype, so little delivery.

Eh

Brock Lesnar- Fought a boring fight like Cormier did, but has his fan base. Made a good payday but still looks terrified of punches. He did get a win though, so that's a personal victory after his time off.

Tate was choked out FYI

Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:21 pm

I was pretty impressed with Lesnar. He came back after 5 years and beat Hunt who is top 7 or 8 in UFC. Was a huge win for him. I'd like to see him come back again for the JDS fight or other fight.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:46 pm

^^^Well we have to see if he gets suspended or not, hope he isn't bound to UFC since he only had a 1 fight contract.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:22 pm

InfinityLens wrote:^^^Well we have to see if he gets suspended or not, hope he isn't bound to UFC since he only had a 1 fight contract.

I don't think he is bound to UFC but he is bound exclusively to WWE. Have to work with WWE to get Lesnar in MMA.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:29 pm

^^^At least until he is a free agent.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:05 pm

InfinityLens wrote:^^^At least until he is a free agent.

Someone said UFC still had control of him for MMA under contract somehow. Not sure how this is working.  I thought he had an exclusive contract with WWE only and needed just their permission to fight MMA but I was told otherwise so not sure of the details on that.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:10 pm

^^^I hope not, hopefully a company like WWE is smart enough to not have one of their guys ensnared by UFC.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:49 pm

^I thought they were but now I'm not sure. UFC may have some sort of deal in his old contract where Lesnar cannot fight MMA unless it is with them.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum