Rizin is an amazing promotion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by Kinosis on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Rizin has only existed for less than 7 months and they already have had legends like Fedor fight for them. Now they have added other legends like Cro Cop and Wanderlei Silva, along with great prospects like Kron Gracie, Jiri Prochazka and many more. Well known fighters like King Mo and Ishii have fought there, along with vets like Fujita.

Can you think of any other promotion (besides Pride) that came out this strong in such a short period of time? It's pretty amazing. If they can do all of this in such a short period of time, imagine where they will be in 2 years from now? Not to mention they are bringing all of the promotions together and allowing top guys from different organizations to compete against each other.


_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1857
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Great points. Can't wait for this GP. RIZIN news gets me really enthused about MMA again.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11006
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by FreeWarMachine on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:08 am

Sounds like they partnered with Kunlun as well which will be great

_________________
Street fighting record: 0-17 (1 NC)
avatar
FreeWarMachine

Location : behind a high European guard
Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by fka on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:30 am

Definitely a great product.

Id like less fujita and sukuraba appearances and more effort in finding new youbg stars.

They've done a great job finding young talent thus far and have put on pretty good events.

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 32
Posts : 6472
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:47 am

fka wrote:Definitely a great product.

Id like less fujita and sukuraba appearances and more effort in finding new youbg stars.

They've done a great job finding young talent thus far and have put on pretty good events.

Agree. Fujita and Sakuraba are great but their time is done and I don't want to see continually lose. Plus, I also fear for their health. Sakuraba has had a ton of injuries with his legs at times looking mummified while Fujita was known for having one of the best chins in MMA history only to now suffer bad knockouts like the Overeem one.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:34 am

Pride is back!

avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by Kinosis on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:01 am

fka wrote:Definitely a great product.

Id like less fujita and sukuraba appearances and more effort in finding new youbg stars.

They've done a great job finding young talent thus far and have put on pretty good events.

I like the idea they had for Sakuraba last time, just put him in grappling matches. He doesn't need to be taking punches anymore. They have only had 3 events so far and the last one was dedicated almost completely to developing new talent (along with many fighters in the GP at the end of last year). I'm glad they are bringing in the Russian fighters as well.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1857
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Kinosis wrote:
fka wrote:Definitely a great product.

Id like less fujita and sukuraba appearances and more effort in finding new youbg stars.

They've done a great job finding young talent thus far and have put on pretty good events.

I like the idea they had for Sakuraba last time, just put him in grappling matches.  He doesn't need to be taking punches anymore.  They have only had 3 events so far and the last one was dedicated almost completely to developing new talent (along with many fighters in the GP at the end of last year).  I'm glad they are bringing in the Russian fighters as well.  
The russian/east euro HW and LHW is the key to success so Rizin is on the right track. Pride was epic partially because of Fedor, Cro Cop, Vovchanchyn among others.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by God of Thunder on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:20 pm

I have to admit I´m losing interest in M-1. Vadim has been acting weird lately since Fedor left. M-1 refuses to work with Rizin and Vadim, as I understand, was part of trying to make Fedors latest fight a draw. M-1 would gain from working with Rizin. Sending their best russians to win Rizin titles would prove how good the promotion is.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2933
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:53 pm

God of Thunder wrote:Pride is back!


Finally Very Happy

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11006
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:55 pm

God of Thunder wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
fka wrote:Definitely a great product.

Id like less fujita and sukuraba appearances and more effort in finding new youbg stars.

They've done a great job finding young talent thus far and have put on pretty good events.

I like the idea they had for Sakuraba last time, just put him in grappling matches.  He doesn't need to be taking punches anymore.  They have only had 3 events so far and the last one was dedicated almost completely to developing new talent (along with many fighters in the GP at the end of last year).  I'm glad they are bringing in the Russian fighters as well.  
The russian/east euro HW and LHW is the key to success so Rizin is on the right track. Pride was epic partially because of Fedor, Cro Cop, Vovchanchyn among others.

Great points. East Euro fighters are very important in JMMA.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11006
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:55 pm

God of Thunder wrote:I have to admit I´m losing interest in M-1. Vadim has been acting weird lately since Fedor left. M-1 refuses to work with Rizin and Vadim, as I understand, was part of trying to make Fedors latest fight a draw. M-1 would gain from working with Rizin. Sending their best russians to win Rizin titles would prove how good the promotion is.

I've been feeling the same way. I'd like to see them join with the Rizin group as well.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11006
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by Kinosis on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:07 pm

Yeah, I really don't know why M-1 isn't working with them. It would benefit everyone. Maybe they will come to their senses but it doesn't seem like it.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1857
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by westcott123 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:50 pm

CDF47 wrote:
God of Thunder wrote:I have to admit I´m losing interest in M-1. Vadim has been acting weird lately since Fedor left. M-1 refuses to work with Rizin and Vadim, as I understand, was part of trying to make Fedors latest fight a draw. M-1 would gain from working with Rizin. Sending their best russians to win Rizin titles would prove how good the promotion is.

I've been feeling the same way.  I'd like to see them join with the Rizin group as well.

Must of been a big falling out  between fedor and vadim . AS for rizin having all these mma organisations entering the grand prix this is how you do it the next fedor cro cop or wand would be in this grand prix .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1217
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Kinosis wrote:Yeah, I really don't know why M-1 isn't working with them.  It would benefit everyone.  Maybe they will come to their senses but it doesn't seem like it.

I think it is the Fedor thing. I agree, it's not looking like they will right now.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11006
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:06 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
God of Thunder wrote:I have to admit I´m losing interest in M-1. Vadim has been acting weird lately since Fedor left. M-1 refuses to work with Rizin and Vadim, as I understand, was part of trying to make Fedors latest fight a draw. M-1 would gain from working with Rizin. Sending their best russians to win Rizin titles would prove how good the promotion is.

I've been feeling the same way.  I'd like to see them join with the Rizin group as well.

Must of been a big falling out  between fedor and vadim . AS for rizin having all these mma organisations entering the grand prix this is how you do it the next fedor cro cop or wand would be in this grand prix .

Exactly, this is what MMA should be. 18 orgs from around the world wanting into a 16-man OW GP in Japan under PRIDE rules. This is great!

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11006
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:04 pm

FreeWarMachine wrote:Sounds like they partnered with Kunlun as well which will be great

Excellent news!

Source?

avatar
InfinityLens

Location : The Global MMA Forum
Posts : 1144
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by FreeWarMachine on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:07 am

http://jp.rizinff.com/_ct/16978341

Here is a list of candidates and soon to be named candidates from specific promotions and Kunlun will have a rep

_________________
Street fighting record: 0-17 (1 NC)
avatar
FreeWarMachine

Location : behind a high European guard
Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:48 pm

^^^Thanks so much! Saw it in the OWGP thread along with a ton of other great promotions, such good news!
avatar
InfinityLens

Location : The Global MMA Forum
Posts : 1144
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by FreeWarMachine on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Who do you think will make the cut?

Prochazka, Albrektsson, and Lithken all won at Rizin 1 so they seem logical choices.

KSW and Bellator are going to send someone good so I expect their reps to be big names.

Godbeer was scheduled to be in last year's tournament so I expect him in this one.

I also expect a couple freak shows. I'm sure Road FC will send a freak show. Kraniotakas kind of borders on that as well, and maybe Kunlun will send a huge guy.

It is also rumored that one of Fedor's teammates will be in. Maybe Baby Fedor?

_________________
Street fighting record: 0-17 (1 NC)
avatar
FreeWarMachine

Location : behind a high European guard
Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:04 pm

FreeWarMachine wrote:Who do you think will make the cut?

Prochazka, Albrektsson, and Lithken all won at Rizin 1 so they seem logical choices.

KSW and Bellator are going to send someone good so I expect their reps to be big names.

Godbeer was scheduled to be in last year's tournament so I expect him in this one.

I also expect a couple freak shows. I'm sure Road FC will send a freak show. Kraniotakas kind of borders on that as well, and maybe Kunlun will send a huge guy.

It is also rumored that one of Fedor's teammates will be in. Maybe Baby Fedor?

Prochazka should be in it. I'm thinking King Mo from Bellator again since he won the last one. If not Mo, Page or Lashely would be good names among many others.

Would be cool if KSW sent Bedorf. He has the size to compete here.

I think Godbeer may be confirmed.

I'd like to see some good HW and LHW prospects as well.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11006
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by FreeWarMachine on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 pm

I'd love to see Cro Cop head kick KO Mitrione

_________________
Street fighting record: 0-17 (1 NC)
avatar
FreeWarMachine

Location : behind a high European guard
Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin is an amazing promotion

Post by CDF47 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:04 am

FreeWarMachine wrote:I'd love to see Cro Cop head kick KO Mitrione

Cro Cop head kick KOs to GP victory would be pretty cool

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11006
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum