Bellator releases 7 fighters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bellator releases 7 fighters

Post by fka on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:55 am

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/bellator-releases-seven-fighters-including-12-bout-veteran-mike-richman-and-ex-title-challenger-dave-jansen

Ones im gonna miss are Rsphael Butler and Isao Kobayashi both only lost twice in bellator.

The rest i am not surprised,loojs like they going to restock soon Smile

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator releases 7 fighters

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Very disappointed that Butler and Jansen were cut and I have no idea why. Butler wasn't even on a losing streak while Jansen lost two in a row after seven wins. The others aren't surprising. Kobayashi just didn't work in Bellator as he was dominated by Yamauchi and knocked out by Justin Lawrence. Alexander was long overdue. Richman had to go as the company couldn't even use him. Jambo retired so they couldn't use him either.

I don't know, Bellator could've cut other names like Stephan Bonnar, Paul Sass, Dan Cramer, and Nam Phan who haven't fought there in over a year or Shamrock who shouldn't fighting anymore and failed a drug test.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Jansen was a banger always down to fight but not a spring chicken and on a two fight skid.

Im sad about butler but he has been very inconsistent bellator was hoping he'd pop in the hw division but hes pretty spotty.

Bonnar,phan,shamrock should be cut but cramer and sass are talented guys i dont mind keeping around.

Lets see who they knab next i seen they are in talks with rory macdonald and i hope the overhaul hws and mws.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Those cuts aren't too bad.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:43 pm

CDF47 wrote:Those cuts aren't too bad.

they're very bad. ISAO is a monster. Coker is shameful and embarrassing.

iforgotmypassword

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:44 pm

fka wrote:Jansen was a banger always down to fight but not a spring chicken and on a two fight skid.

Im sad about butler but he has been very inconsistent bellator was hoping he'd pop in the hw division but hes pretty spotty.

Bonnar,phan,shamrock should be cut but cramer and sass are talented guys i dont mind keeping around.

Lets see who they knab next i seen they are in talks with rory macdonald and i hope the overhaul hws and mws.

ISAO is a terrible cut. Coker has no idea what he is doing. Weekend at Bernies look-a-like.

iforgotmypassword

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:55 pm

iforgotmypassword wrote:

Please. If they released a tomato can, you would say it's bad. As for Kobayashi, if he's such a monster then why did he get his ass kicked against Yamauchi and then knocked out by Lawrence? I have nothing against him but he's not a monster if he's 0-2 and both losses ended badly.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
iforgotmypassword wrote:

Please. If they released a tomato can, you would say it's bad. As for Kobayashi, if he's such a monster then why did he get his ass kicked against Yamauchi and then knocked out by Lawrence? I have nothing against him but he's not a monster if he's 0-2 and both losses ended badly.

Ali got knocked out too. Guess he is a bum in your eyes. You're worse than Zuffa Zombies. I hope the lawsuit ends Bellator forever.

iforgotmypassword

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:35 am

iforgotmypassword wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
iforgotmypassword wrote:

Ali got knocked out too. Guess he is a bum in your eyes. You're worse than Zuffa Zombies. I hope the lawsuit ends Bellator forever.

I didn't say he's a bum but you're saying he's a monster and he didn't show that here. Maybe he could've but he didn't do well. There's nothing wrong with losing or getting knocked out but by all accounts, he didn't look good in defeat. As for Zuffa Zombies, I'm not the one worse than one. All you need to do is look in the mirror. Seriously, you show nothing but blind hatred of Bellator and are looking for any excuse to hate them. You've whined about fighter safety yet we know that Bellator does physicals and drug testing. Hell, you praise Kunlun but do they even drug test or provide physicals? Do they operate in a country with an athletic commission? Nice to show what a combat sports fan you are by wishing a company to end which takes away jobs for people and an option for fans. Some fan you are.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Isao was one of the biggest cuts but it could have been worse.  I've seen Bellator make worse cuts in the past so that's why I said they are not too bad.  Jansen was a bigger cut as well but it happens. He may have wanted too much money or who knows.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 pm

CDF47 wrote:Isao was one of the biggest cuts but it could have been worse.  I've seen Bellator make worse cuts in the past so that's why I said they are not too bad.  Jansen was a bigger cut as well but it happens.  He may have wanted too much money or who knows.

Definitely agree. I like Bellator and think Coker for the most part has done well but he's made more questionable cuts like Blagoi Ivanov and Rafael Silva to name two. There has also been Light Heavyweight prospects like Kelly Anunson and Ray Sloan who got cut with only one loss. Sometimes, I've seen fighters get cut off one loss which seems odd especially in divisions like BW and LHW who need the talent.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:17 pm

^Yup, Blagoy was a horrible cut, as well as Silva. Volkov was bad as well.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:29 am

iforgotmypassword wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
iforgotmypassword wrote:

Your comparing one of the all time greats to Kobayashi? Really?

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum