Fedor: "Next fight will probably be in Bellator or the UFC"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fedor: "Next fight will probably be in Bellator or the UFC"

Post by Kinosis on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:27 am

At around 6:00 minute mark a fan asks him about the future of his career, and says that he watched all his fights and that he's a big fan and then he says something stupid: "I watched all your fights, pride fights, UFC fights (lmao) , I was always cheering for you".

And Fedor then laughs and says:
"Thank you very much. It's possible that we'll end end in the UFC". and laughs once again.
"You know, I understand that I don't have a lot of time left, based on the time and number of fights that I had, but if God's willing I'd to fight/stay a little longer. Now wer'e looking at some offers. One from Rizin, UFC of course and Bellator offered a deal too. And we will choose the better one. I think that the next one (fight) will be in Bellator or the UFC. That's why I need to prepare/train seriously and if it's God's will I like to fight some more. I can't say how long will I be fighting, but I'd like to stay and fight some more."

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor: "Next fight will probably be in Bellator or the UFC"

Post by Kinosis on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:31 am

It's interesting that he mentioned offers from Rizin, the ufc and Bellator but didn't mention EFN.  It's also interesting that he said he needs to train seriously for a fight in one of these organizations.  Which just adds to my theory that he didn't train seriously for Maldonado.

Also, I saw it reported that in another interview, Fedor said he would be ready to fight again in about 3 months. So we are probably looking for a fight in November. If he fights in Bellator, that could still leave the possibility open to fight in Rizin on NYE as well (assuming he nov fight goes well).

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:15 pm

Probably Fedor vs Tito (or Lashley) in Bellator is next.

Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:23 pm

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:Probably Fedor vs Tito (or Lashley) in Bellator is next.

That would be my guess. Fedor said he would go where the best offer is. To Fedor, the best offer isn't just money (he gets paid well anywhere) but also respect and freedom. At least up to the current time (who knows under the new ufc owners) Bellator gives Fedor much more respect and freedom. Bellator doesn't bash Fedor as the ufc representatives have for years, Bellator allows fighters to compete in other orgs (like Rizin and probably EFN). Bellator also secured a lot of tv deals in other Countries, which Fedor would be great for marketing in those places. If I was a betting man, I would certain think fedor is heading to Bellator, especially with their already established working relationship.

If it does end up being Fedor vs Lashley, I'd like to see it be for the HW title.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:24 pm

Kinosis wrote:

That would be my guess.  Fedor said he would go where the best offer is.  To Fedor, the best offer isn't just money (he gets paid well anywhere) but also respect and freedom.  At least up to the current time (who knows under the new ufc owners) Bellator gives Fedor much more respect and freedom.  Bellator doesn't bash Fedor as the ufc representatives have for years, Bellator allows fighters to compete in other orgs (like Rizin and probably EFN).  Bellator also secured a lot of tv deals in other Countries, which Fedor would be great for marketing in those places.  If I was a betting man, I would certain think fedor is heading to Bellator, especially with their already established working relationship.  

If it does end up being Fedor vs Lashley, I'd like to see it be for the HW title.

You're right, Bellator should get their HW title system up and going again.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Kinosis wrote:

That would be my guess.  Fedor said he would go where the best offer is.  To Fedor, the best offer isn't just money (he gets paid well anywhere) but also respect and freedom.  At least up to the current time (who knows under the new ufc owners) Bellator gives Fedor much more respect and freedom.  Bellator doesn't bash Fedor as the ufc representatives have for years, Bellator allows fighters to compete in other orgs (like Rizin and probably EFN).  Bellator also secured a lot of tv deals in other Countries, which Fedor would be great for marketing in those places.  If I was a betting man, I would certain think fedor is heading to Bellator, especially with their already established working relationship.  

Fedor vs lashley for the heavyweight titile would be a ratings boom that also depends whether fedor wants to give the american scene another crack or stay in eurasia . When it comes to title fights that is when fedor is serious considering he has never lost a title match .

The fedor maldando fight if that happened in the ufc they would of said shit like that was a war both guys are warriors .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Doesn;t look like it will happen because I don't see Fedor dropping to 205lbs and Tito is wanting to fight 50 year olds who are a weight class smaller like Royce Gracie but the fact Scott Coker offered this fight to Tito pretty much confirms this is where Fedor will be going I'd say. Why offer this fight to Tito if they won't be signing Fedor?

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:06 pm

CDF47 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:

You're right, Bellator should get their HW title system up and going again.

According to Coker we will have a HW champ by first quarter 2017.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:56 pm

^Would be cool if it was Fedor vs someone for the belt at the end of the year or at least have Fedor in a title eliminator and then a title fight next year (if he wins).

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum