ONE FC bans soccer kicks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:40 am

LAME

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5131
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by Kinosis on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:46 am

That is lame.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1900
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by iforgotmypassword on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:26 am

one fc is dropping the ball.

_________________
China Top Team
avatar
iforgotmypassword

Location : KUNLUN mountain living the dream
Posts : 1442
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by CDF47 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:14 pm

I agree. Wonder why they did that.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11434
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:33 pm

Big time on dropping the ball. They did it I think for expansion and probably cause soccer kicks are too controversial. Honestly, this is a horrible move and very bad sign. I don't get what's wrong with soccer kicks when you can kick someone in the head as they stand up which can make them crumble to the canvas and either land wrong on a leg or their head bounces off the canvas. Like I said, this isn't good. First stomps and now soccer kicks. Expect ONE to continue devolving and eventually start adhering to the pussified rules.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1257
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by Heretic on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:41 pm

wonder if rich franklin had something to do with it
avatar
Heretic
Moderator

Age : 31
Posts : 1017
Join date : 2012-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by CODELMJVG on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:26 am

Wow one of the reasons I checked them out the first place was adding most of the pure elements to a MMA fight in cage would work. They change there tune. It was originally signal to soccer kicks was the worse idea but this hits hard for loyal consumers. I'm sorry but I don't want to support your organization with my money anymore.
avatar
CODELMJVG

Location : USA
Posts : 239
Join date : 2015-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by CODELMJVG on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:40 am

There goes FFC, ONE championship just Rizin and Art of War are the only one left of course smaller shows that allow it too.

I'm so disappointed.
avatar
CODELMJVG

Location : USA
Posts : 239
Join date : 2015-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by westcott123 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:14 pm

ONE FC Bans Use Of Soccer Kicks Immediately

ONE Championship has been praised for bringing a big-fight feel to each and every one of their cards, and it hasn’t been hard to achieve as they’ve been able to separate themselves from the likes of World Series of Fighting and Bellator MMA. They have repeatedly produced entertaining cards, and one of the most exciting factors about the promotion is the fact that the ruleset was different, allowing kicks to the head of a downed opponent.

While the promotion remains and unique and true to its fighting sprit, company chairman Chatri Sityodtong announced on August 13, 2016 that the use of soccer kicks would be barred from competition, Rappler reports.

“As of this Macau event, we will not allow soccer kicks to head anymore,” Sityodtong told the media. In a follow up story with MMA Latest News, ONE Championship reached out to them and informed them that the soccer kicks, while previously announced prohibited, would be punished based on severity. If the referee feels the soccer kick was intentional and damage was taken by the other fighter, it could result in a disqualification.

My guess is either one they want to start to break into the western market or two they did because people complained and they did it to shut them up . FFC and now one if they go after rizin there will be hell to pay they can stay the fuck away 100% guaranteed they will be ufc fans
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1324
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by westcott123 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:21 pm

CODELMJVG wrote:There goes FFC, ONE championship just Rizin and Art of War are the only one left of course smaller shows that allow it too.

I'm so disappointed.

Me too im just worried that the same do gooders will go after them and pressure them to ban the move .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1324
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by westcott123 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:Big time on dropping the ball. They did it I think for expansion and probably cause soccer kicks are too controversial. Honestly, this is a horrible move and very bad sign. I don't get what's wrong with soccer kicks when you can kick someone in the head as they stand up which can make them crumble to the canvas and either land wrong on a leg or their head bounces off the canvas. Like I said, this isn't good. First stomps and now soccer kicks. Expect ONE to continue devolving and eventually start adhering to the pussified rules.

True and if they were that dangerous surely a person/persons would of died by now hell i cant recall anyone having a serious injury . I just hope rizin and the art of war don't bow down to pressure i know people would say "it doesn't look good "it is the fight game it is not ment to look good .

I like the vale tudo rules because it even things out unfied rules favor wrestlers not knocking wrestling lets be real it does . Example pride dan henderson and mark coleman and gomi were the ones from a wrestling back ground every one else i mean wand and shogun muay thai cro cop kickboxing fedor sambo & judo big nog jiu jijitsu misaki judo .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1324
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:02 pm

Terrible news.

I hate the unified rules.
avatar
TeamJohnPerretti
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 1855
Join date : 2013-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by wekka on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:24 am

Well it looks like i won't be tuning in again any time soon.
avatar
wekka

Location : Half-Breed/Georgia
Age : 27
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by CDF47 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:31 am

^I know, that was one of the best things they had going for them. Doesn't make sense to me.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11434
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:49 pm

punch someone to the head = fine
kick someone standing to the head = fine
Knee on the ground and standing= Fine
Knock someone out = fine
break someones limbs = fine
choke someone unconscious = fine

HOWEVER!!!

kick the head on the floor = BAN THAT DISGUSTING STRIKE

The irony that people are shocked!

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5131
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:50 pm

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Terrible news.

I hate the unified rules.

UNFIED RULES IS CANCER

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5131
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by God of Thunder on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:25 pm

avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:45 am

stu3ufc wrote:punch someone to the head = fine
kick someone standing to the head = fine
Knee on the ground and standing= Fine
Knock someone out = fine
break someones limbs = fine
choke someone unconscious = fine

HOWEVER!!!

kick the head on the floor = BAN THAT DISGUSTING STRIKE

The irony that people are shocked!

You called it. Of course people will come up with some pathetic excuse that soccer kicks are dangerous despite the fact there isn't any known case where someone suffered a severe injury. In fact, I think there are more fighters who have had broken orbital bones and noses from regular punches or kicks than soccer kicks.

Oh, you forgot how it's also fine to strike with elbows on the ground which is probably more likely to break bones than soccer kicks and cut fighters open with them becoming a bloody mess.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1257
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE FC bans soccer kicks

Post by westcott123 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:punch someone to the head = fine
kick someone standing to the head = fine
Knee on the ground and standing= Fine
Knock someone out = fine
break someones limbs = fine
choke someone unconscious = fine

HOWEVER!!!

kick the head on the floor = BAN THAT DISGUSTING STRIKE

The irony that people are shocked!

You called it. Of course people will come up with some pathetic excuse that soccer kicks are dangerous despite the fact there isn't any known case where someone suffered a severe injury. In fact, I think there are more fighters who have had broken orbital bones and noses from regular punches or kicks than soccer kicks.

Oh, you forgot how it's also fine to strike with elbows on the ground which is probably more likely to break bones than soccer kicks and cut fighters open with them becoming a bloody mess.


Of course they're fine with smashed orbital bones and blood pissing all over but when it comes to soccer kicks whoa boy and don't get me started on stomps .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1324
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum