ONE Championship : State of Warriors - October 7 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ONE Championship : State of Warriors - October 7 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:25 pm

ONE FC 
October 7, 2016
Thuwunna Indoor Stadium

Yangon, Myanmar

Main Card:

Yoshitaka Naito (11-0)         vs.          (12-0) Joshua Pacio  
Main Event |  Title Fight | Flyweight | 125 lbs (57 kg)

Michał Pasternak (11-1)       vs.       (18-9) Aung La Nsang  
Co-Main Event | Featherweight | 145 lbs (66 kg)

Muin Gafurov (10-1)            vs.       (13-5) Kevin Belingon  
Main Card | Bantamweight | 135 lbs (61 kg)

Yusup Saadulaev (15-4)       vs.           (8-1) Jordan Lucas  
Main Card | Bantamweight | 135 lbs (61 kg)

Bashir Ahmad (3-3)             vs. (3-3) Mahmoud Mohamed  
Main Card | Featherweight | 145 lbs (66 kg)

Once again, Myanmar will witness a night of incredible mixed martial arts action when ONE Championship returns to Yangon’s Thuwunna Indoor Stadium with ONE: STATE OF WARRIORS!

ONE Strawweight World Champion Yoshitaka Naito defends his belt against undefeated Filipino contender Joshua Pacio in the night’s main event.

Plus, Myanmar national hero Aung La N Sang will return home, with the hopes of the country resting squarely on his shoulders as he faces Polish powerhouse Michal Pasternak in a massive bout for the ONE Middleweight Division.

Last edited by Kingfedor on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kingfedor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE Championship : State of Warriors - October 7 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Three other bouts have been added to the fight card.

Muin “Tajik” Gafurov, a decorated combat sambo champion, will face off against Team Lakay’s Kevin “The Silencer” Belingon, a former ONE Bantamweight World Title challenger, in a bantamweight tilt.

If that wasn’t enough, there is a second dose of bantamweight action as Yusup “Maestro” Saadulaev takes on Jordan “Showtime” Lucas. Rocking a 15-4-1 record, Saadulaev is also a decorated combat sambo world champion. The 31-year-old is riding a three-fight win streak and will have to be at the top of his game to push it to four.

Lucas, a 22-year-old Melbourne native fighting out of Australia’s Team Nemesis camp, has a stacked 8-1 record, with his only defeat coming to the hands of Edward Kelly at last March’s ONE: UNION OF WARRIORS.

Bashir “Somchai” Ahmad, a pioneer of Pakistan’s MMA Movement and the founder of PAKMMA, will look to break a two-fight losing skid and build upon his 3-3 record when he takes on Egyptian prospect Mahmoud Mohamed in a featherweight affair. Mohamed, also 3-3, plans to bounce back from his recent loss to Singaporean standout Christian Lee.

In addition to these fights, the organization will also hold the ONE Myanmar Featherweight Tournament, a contest pitting the country’s best homegrown talents against one another with the winner being crowned tournament champion.

Kingfedor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:51 pm

Will there be soccer kicks? No? Not interested.

Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:52 pm

Hamilcar wrote:Will there be soccer kicks?  No?  Not interested.

dont think so

worst decision ONE have made!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:02 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:Will there be soccer kicks?  No?  Not interested.

dont think so

worst decision ONE have made!

It's such a shame too, I love their fighters. They got some of the best in the world as well as the most entertaining. This Myanmar figther, I've watched him fight, I like the guy. But now, I just don't care. Yeah, they got their own scoring system rather than the 10-point system, as great as that is.

But, without soccer kicks, it just looks like the UFC, still. Too, now the ground guys will be dominating. We barely got to see how Askren would respond and react to soccer kicks. Kicks to the ground are the entire reason why ground fighting was about non-existant in ancient martial arts. The Gracie's had to come up with some lie about 90% of fights going to the ground and create their own fighting tournament that disallowed kicks to the ground to 'prove' how great their system was.

We need soccer kicks to even the playing fiel and make for better fights.

Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:25 pm

I'd just like to see Rizin pickup all the top ONE FC fighters.  I lost much interest in this org, especially after this move.  ONE FC was heavy promoting partnerships when they came out and now they are not partners with Rizin yet and they remove soccer kicks.  I used to hope they would switch to be a ring org and become huge in Asia but with these moves, it is looking like they are just another generic unified cage company.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:26 pm

CDF47 wrote:I'd just like to see Rizin pickup all the top ONE FC fighters.  I lost much interest in this org, especially after this move.  ONE FC was heavy promoting partnerships when they came out and now they are not partners with Rizin yet and they remove soccer kicks.  I used to hope they would switch to be a ring org and become huge in Asia but with these moves, it is looking like they are just another generic unified cage company.

Yeah it is a pity they got rid of them we know why really it was to make those do gooder's happy .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:01 am

CDF47 wrote:I'd just like to see Rizin pickup all the top ONE FC fighters.  I lost much interest in this org, especially after this move.  ONE FC was heavy promoting partnerships when they came out and now they are not partners with Rizin yet and they remove soccer kicks.  I used to hope they would switch to be a ring org and become huge in Asia but with these moves, it is looking like they are just another generic unified cage company.

No more from me been with them since one 3 event That decision drop the ball for me to support them with my money.

CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 pm

westcott123 wrote:

Yeah it is a pity they got rid of them we know why really it was to make those do gooder's happy .

Yeah, it makes no sense to me.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 pm

CODELMJVG wrote:

No more from me been with them since one 3 event That decision drop the ball for me to support them with my money.

Agreed, I think I'm done buying their PPVs.  I bought a few in the past in hopes that they would become the next big Asian org. but they are far from it, especially now. Rizin is the org. I was hoping to see.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingfedor on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Kingfedor
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum