RIZIN actively pursuing Fedor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIZIN actively pursuing Fedor

Post by Kinosis on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:15 pm

It appears Fedor Emelianenko will target one more fight in 2016.

According to the Russian heavyweight’s longtime coach and mentor, Vladimir Voronov, Fedor recently returned to Stary Oskol to commence his latest training camp. The coach also added that several organizations are currently in the bidding process for the legendary fighter.

"Fedor has gathered in Stary Oskol with the team,” Voronov told TASS.ru. “It is not only for physical fitness, but also to complete a camp. He is negotiating with all international organizations about the future of his career.”

Back in June, Fedor won a controversial decision victory against UFC veteran Fabio Maldonado. It was a fight that many deemed a draw, though Fedor took home a majority decision for his efforts. BloodyElbow later reported that the Russian MMA Union, which Fedor is president of, hired the officials for the entire show, including the Fedor vs. Maldonado main event.

According to sources close to the situation, Fedor is yet to decide on the promotion he will compete for. While EFN is interested in booking him on another show, RIZIN is actively pursuing a deal after their initial negotiations soured earlier this year. Fedor will likely compete in December.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/8/12847380/coach-fedor-in-training-camp-negotiations-for-next-fight-ongoing

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Re: RIZIN actively pursuing Fedor

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Really hope they get him

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:22 pm

I sure hope he ends up in Rizin. Fedor in a ring is the best! I don't care if he wants to do another fight in EFN or one in Bellator, but Rizin is where I want to see him.

IF his next fight is in December, what about him vs Wanderlei in the GP? That would be amazing (and they would both have a bye in the first round).

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:25 pm

CDF47 wrote:Really hope they get him

Me too. Can you imagine a GP with Fedor, Cro Cop, Carwin, Wand and some up and coming prospects? That would be amazing if it works out that way.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by m1challengefan on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:15 am

I can't see him in the owgp considering how much preparation is needed just to
get Fedor to fight once a year let alone the possibility of having to fight twice
in one night if he were able to make it to the semi finals of the tournament.

I know that the majority of posters on these boards are against Fedor fighting
in a cage but I think that it is only a benefit to him to familiarize himself with
the cage tactics and create some of his own which I'm sure he would be able to do because of his judo and sambo background,so there is no reason that Fedor would be at a disadvantage in a cage fight.

As far as a opponent for Fedor's next fight,I think people have to take into
consideration his performance in his last fight and also the talks that are
underway right now of a possible Fedor v.s Tito match in Bellator,this in my
opinion would be an obvious next fight for many reasons one being that Tito
is a legendary UFC champion and is also a different stylistic match that Fedor
has not faced that often for the exception of Lindland,the fight would also
be in a cage against one of the best fighters at utilizing the cage,so if Fedor
were to beat Tito in convincing fashion in a cage I think it would answer the
question of how he would do against fighters like Cormier and Velasquez who
have a similar style to Ortiz.

m1challengefan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:00 am

I talked to Peter Teijsse last night briefly before bed.  Peter was Fedor's kickboxing coach in Holland for his fights against Monson, Ishii, Rizzo and he did some training there for Jaideep.  He developed Fedor's crisp striking, gameplan for each fight and had him training with BJJ guys and a strength and conditioning coach.  Peter also trains Mousasi.

I asked him if Fedor had made any plans to train with him for his upcoming bout this year and he said he knows nothing at all.  Fedor hasn't contacted him.  I don't know what changed with his coaches in Russia, but for the last 8 years, when he trains there, he never seems to have much of a gameplan, his striking tends to be wild and he doesn't do any serious strength training.  

I can't say this gives me much confidence for his next fight, whoever it may be.  If he does only train in Russia, I hope he will at least bring in Minakov and guys like that to train with, which will make a huge difference.  Fedor has all of the talent in the world, even at 40, but if he is just going to go out there and swing left and right hooks and neglect his ground game, he is going to end up like he did against Werdum, Bigfoot, Hendo and Maldonado.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:16 am

m1challengefan wrote:I can't see him in the owgp considering how much preparation is needed just to
get Fedor to fight once a year let alone the possibility of having to fight twice

in a cage but I think that it is only a benefit to him to familiarize himself with
the cage tactics and create some of his own which I'm sure he would be able to do because of his judo and sambo background,so there is no reason that Fedor would be at a disadvantage in a cage fight.

(Rumor was posted a Russian on mma dot tv who has broken some news before)

"izvestia.ru

A source from the inner circle of Emelianenko has informed Izvestia that Fedor got the offer from Rizin on his hands.

Fedor Team has the offer for a fight on December 31 in Japan on a Rizin event. Contract value is known, it is about $2 mil. Japan loves Fedor, he's a hero there as he is in our country. Fedor Team is contemplating the offer at the moment, and they most likely will accept it. Official announcement to come in the next two weeks. The opponent has not been approved yet but the possible candidate is Wanderlei Silva."

I think the Tito fight would be a good one for Bellator to make (big ratings) but Tito didn't seem interested in it. He said he would only do it if Fedor cut to 205lbs, and there is about 0% chance of that happening. Tito seems to be looking for an easy win to retire on (which is why he was calling out 50 year old Royce Gracie).

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:30 am

vs Shane Carwin please

or bobby lashley

lashley needs to get FUCKED UP

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:40 am

m1challengefan wrote:I can't see him in the owgp considering how much preparation is needed just to

the haters and doubter will always nit pick and hate on fedor

you cannot please them.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:56 am

stu3ufc wrote:vs Shane Carwin please

or bobby lashley

lashley needs to get FUCKED UP

If Fedor does take a fight in Bellator, Lashley is who I want to see him fight. I'm still hoping that Carwin will be in the GP also. I'm sure whoever wins the GP will have a good chance of fighting Fedor in the future.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Kinosis wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Really hope they get him

Me too.  Can you imagine a GP with Fedor, Cro Cop, Carwin, Wand and some up and coming prospects?  That would be amazing if it works out that way.

That would be unreal

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Translated this means:

"According to my information, Emelianenko does not conduct any negotiations with Rizin, and information about his fight for a 2 million - False" - Igor Lazorin (Russian MMA journalist)

It does kind of make sense that this rumor was at least partly false, as the opponent mentioned was Wanderlei Silva and he was already announced for the tournament.

I know Scott Coker has teased Fedor and Bellator has been signing more big name guys recently, even if just for a 1 off fight.  EFN has also been interested in Fedor and they are willing to pay big money for him.  It kind of sounds like it's likely for Fedor to end up in EFN or Bellator for his next fight (my guess is EFN next and he will have a fight against someone like Sonnen, lashley or Tito in Bellator down the line).  I wonder what went wrong between Fedor and Rizin, since from what I understand, Rizin being formed is partly what got Fedor to come out of retirement.  Perhaps it's just a money thing.  

Regardless of where Fedor fights next, I hope he steps it up and faces someone with more name value this time.  Another big name around his age would be great.  I also hope it's against a guy who fights at HW full time.  In a perfect world, I'd like to see Bigfoot leave the ufc and rematch Fedor in December (regardless of if Bigfoot wins or loses against Nelson).

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum