Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by MR.WILLIE on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:51 pm

Antonio Silva’s longtime manager expects to restart the Brazilian heavyweight’s career overseas after his latest UFC loss.

“I think ‘Bigfoot’ will probably be out of the UFC and probably go to Rizin (FF) or Russia,” Alex Davis told MMAjunkie.


The upstart Rizin FF is definitely in the market for high-profile talent. Under the leadership of former PRIDE boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara, Silva could easily find a home in the flashy Japanese promotion.

At 37, “Bigfoot” has 30 professional fights to his name and has fought just a bevy of top heavyweights. The UFC could give him another shot against unranked opposition. But the Silva camp is ready either way.

MR.WILLIE

Location : Puerto Rico
Posts : 6498
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:25 am

I really hope this happens. Would love to see Fedor avenge this loss. It is good to hear that Big Foot is thinking about heading to Rizin. That is the type of main event that would be great on NYE after the GP ends.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11442
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by westcott123 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:01 am

Yeah the same as for their first bout Fedor wasn't doing that bad against him until bigfoot got on top .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1325
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:55 am

westcott123 wrote:Yeah the same as for their first bout Fedor wasn't doing that bad against him until bigfoot got on top .

That's right. If they fought again, I'd like to see Fedor keep the fight at a distance and finish him with punches and kicks.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11442
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by Kinosis on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:01 am

Awesome, hope that happens.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1900
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:04 am

Kinosis wrote:Awesome, hope that happens.  

Same here. Seems more possible now than ever, especially with Big Foot making this announcement.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11442
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by Kinosis on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:19 pm

^Yup, agreed. Finding an opponent for Fedor could also be what is delaying where he goes. He has been in negotiations for a couple of months now, and there have been rumors (like Tito in Bellator) but nothing has worked out yet. Fedor vs Bigfoot II seems like the obvious choice for any company to make, as long as they both end up in the same organization.

I just hope Fedor trains smart if it does happen. Bigfoot will be back on TRT for sure and he is a huge guy. If Fedor is sloppy again, like against Maldonado, one punch could change everything. But if Fedor fights smart, he should be able to end it pretty quickly.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1900
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Kinosis wrote:^Yup, agreed.  Finding an opponent for Fedor could also be what is delaying where he goes.  He has been in negotiations for a couple of months now, and there have been rumors (like Tito in Bellator) but nothing has worked out yet.  Fedor vs Bigfoot II seems like the obvious choice for any company to make, as long as they both end up in the same organization.  

I just hope Fedor trains smart if it does happen.  Bigfoot will be back on TRT for sure and he is a huge guy.  If Fedor is sloppy again, like against Maldonado, one punch could change everything.  But if Fedor fights smart, he should be able to end it pretty quickly.  

Nice breakdown. Fedor will have to fight real smart this time out if he wants that "W" especially against a TRT BF.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11442
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by Kinosis on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:38 pm

^Yeah, the thing is, even in their first fight, with Fedor slinging hooks, he still could have won the fight I think. Bigfoot tried to pick Fedor up and Fedor shifted his weight and ended up on top (from what I remember, I haven't watched this fight in a long time). When Fedor was on top be should have been ground and pounding Bigfoot. Bigfoot's guard is purely defensive.

I think after what happened with Werdum in the fight before, Fedor was not wanting to get subbed again, but Bigfoot doesn't really have subs off his back. That was the perfect opponent to punch. Instead Fedor didn't try to do any damage there and went for a sub instead, on a guy probably 50lbs bigger than him, in the first round when he was fresh.

With a better gameplan I think Fedor would have won that fight pretty easily, even with Bigfoot being on TRT. With more crisp striking and real combos (instead of wild hooks), I believe Fedor would have KO'd Bigfoot in the first round. Oh well, hopefully we will get to see the rematch. It could be a lot like Shogun/Griffin 1 and 2. The first one was back and forth and Shogun lost, the second one Shogun creamed Griffin easily (pretty much what everyone expected the first time they fought).

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1900
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by MR.WILLIE on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:47 pm

“As always we are looking for fighters with International appeal and with great character and Bigfoot has both,” Jerry Millen, Senior Vice President of RIZIN told MMAmania.com. “He has had a difficult time in his last few outings but he is a professional and you can NEVER count out a professional.”

Those who do, often pay dearly.

“In RIZIN we want the fans to be entertained as they were in our Sept. 25th event,” Millen continued. “If Bigfoot is released and has interest in fighting in RIZIN we are always open to talking with fighters and their management.”

MR.WILLIE

Location : Puerto Rico
Posts : 6498
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by Kinosis on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:41 pm

^Awesome!

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1900
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Kinosis wrote:^Yeah, the thing is, even in their first fight, with Fedor slinging hooks, he still could have won the fight I think.  Bigfoot tried to pick Fedor up and Fedor shifted his weight and ended up on top (from what I remember, I haven't watched this fight in a long time).  When Fedor was on top be should have been ground and pounding Bigfoot. Bigfoot's guard is purely defensive.  

I think after what happened with Werdum in the fight before, Fedor was not wanting to get subbed again, but Bigfoot doesn't really have subs off his back.  That was the perfect opponent to punch.  Instead Fedor didn't try to do any damage there and went for a sub instead, on a guy probably 50lbs bigger than him, in the first round when he was fresh.  

With a better gameplan I think Fedor would have won that fight pretty easily, even with Bigfoot being on TRT.  With more crisp striking and real combos (instead of wild hooks), I believe Fedor would have KO'd Bigfoot in the first round.  Oh well, hopefully we will get to see the rematch.  It could be a lot like Shogun/Griffin 1 and 2.  The first one was back and forth and Shogun lost, the second one Shogun creamed Griffin easily (pretty much what everyone expected the first time they fought).    

I like that comparison to Shogun/Griffin. Hope that's what we see if they fight again.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11442
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:01 pm

MR.WILLIE wrote:“As always we are looking for fighters with International appeal and with great character and Bigfoot has both,” Jerry Millen, Senior Vice President of RIZIN told MMAmania.com. “He has had a difficult time in his last few outings but he is a professional and you can NEVER count out a professional.”

Those who do, often pay dearly.

“In RIZIN we want the fans to be entertained as they were in our Sept. 25th event,” Millen continued. “If Bigfoot is released and has interest in fighting in RIZIN we are always open to talking with fighters and their management.”

Would love to see them pull this one off!

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11442
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor vs Big Foot rematch on NYE Rizin?

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Sadly he will be fighting some nobody well below him in a promotion I have never heard of.

_________________
If anybody is wondering why I don't post on Global MMA or Sherdog anymore it is because I needed to focus on other things in my life and posting was taking up too much time.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
avatar
InfinityLens

Location : The Global MMA Forum
Posts : 1208
Join date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum