Nobuyuki Sakakibara 10 yr of non competition clause contract did hurt Japan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nobuyuki Sakakibara 10 yr of non competition clause contract did hurt Japan?

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:29 am

why was 10 yr  non competition clause contract for Nobuyuki Sakakibara was necessary? 10 year is lots  after a none competition clause contract.In year 10 JMMA didn't grow. Did  UFC  ready thought they can grow their brand in Japan but they are american.  I don't think ONFC can grow Japanese market  since they are just from other Asian country.

"The sheep are still asleep in zuffiaa safe media world, so my mission is to wake them up

and expose them by telling them the truth . Afterward I unplug the brainwashing machine

of their head from zuffia."
- kayneoTheRisingWarrior

kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Back to top Go down

Re: Nobuyuki Sakakibara 10 yr of non competition clause contract did hurt Japan?

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:50 am

Absolutely fucking criminal. Fuck ZUFFA... They destroyed what was left post Pride. Dream and Sengoku failed sadly and when the market was empty UFC swooped in and started putting on events with all the former stars of pride fc. UFC did nothing to rebuild JMMA and now they forced all the other JMMA promotions to use unified rules and a cage then put them on fight pass as some feeder league like Pancrase and shooto which were around before way zuffa

ONE FC are a joke.... lets not even talk about them on this forum.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Re: Nobuyuki Sakakibara 10 yr of non competition clause contract did hurt Japan?

Post by westcott123 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:12 am

stu3ufc wrote:Absolutely fucking criminal. Fuck ZUFFA... They destroyed what was left post Pride. Dream and Sengoku failed sadly and when the market was empty UFC swooped in and started putting on events with all the former stars of pride fc. UFC did nothing to rebuild JMMA and now they forced all the other JMMA promotions to use unified rules and a cage then put them on fight pass as some feeder league like Pancrase and shooto which were around before way zuffa

Yes they're criminals zuffa never had any intentions of keeping pride around and that clause was bullshit why ? Because they fear ssakkiabarra
he is/their biggest threat when it comes to mma on the world stage .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:14 am

stu3ufc wrote:Absolutely fucking criminal. Fuck ZUFFA... They destroyed what was left post Pride. Dream and Sengoku failed sadly and when the market was empty UFC swooped in and started putting on events with all the former stars of pride fc. UFC did nothing to rebuild JMMA and now they forced all the other JMMA promotions to use unified rules and a cage then put them on fight pass as some feeder league like Pancrase and shooto which were around before way zuffa

We can all agree that Zuffa did little to nothing to grow the sport. They only grew their brand and did it well but I don't think they grew the sport at all.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:23 am

westcott123 wrote:

Yes they're criminals zuffa never had any intentions of keeping pride around and that clause was bullshit  why ? Because they fear ssakkiabarra
he is/their biggest threat when it comes to mma on the world stage .

Yeah, I don't think they like him competing, especially fighting for the same market space in the US with a potential Spike TV deal.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:29 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:

We can all agree that Zuffa did little to nothing to grow the sport. They only grew their brand and did it well but I don't think they grew the sport at all.

I agree that Zuffa was way too much about the UFC brand, world control of the sport, and their cage vision and not enough about the sport as a whole.

The overall sport suffered and the cage version spread which at times really hurt my own interest in MMA but I always stuck with it.  The sport was way way way too over-saturated with this version of MMA for far too long, around the globe.  It really took its toll.

Just glad there were always other shows to watch like DREAM, Sengoku, K-1, Glory, KSW when it was in a ring, M-1,...  Now with Rizin, it finally really feels like PRIDE has returned and the glory days of MMA seem possible again!

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:21 pm

lets hope rizin doesnt go the way of dream or sengoku

bad ratings and over spending will fuck them up eventually

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:07 pm

stu3ufc wrote:lets hope rizin doesnt go the way of dream or sengoku

bad ratings and over spending will fuck them up eventually

They need to learn from the mistakes of DREAM and Sengoku and make better business moves and they should do great. They have an excellent product and have been putting on some amazing shows. They even have all the rules back plus elbows. They are getting really good live ratings around the world and definitely have fan and fighters interested. Really hope this is PRIDE 2.0!

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:27 pm

kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:why was 10 yr  non competition clause contract for Nobuyuki Sakakibara was necessary? 10 year is lots  after a none competition clause contract.In year 10 JMMA didn't grow. Did  UFC  ready thought they can grow their brand in Japan but they are american.  I don't think ONFC can grow Japanese market  since they are just from other Asian country.

It's a good question. Coker only had 3 which was more reasonable. 10 was brutal. On the plus side, it's over and were looking forward with Rizin.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Now that both of their non-compete clauses are over we are starting to see a great version of MMA rebuild.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Can't believe Sakakibara agreed to a 10 year no compete. They must have been desperate to sell.

bullshit how sakakibara couldnt compete yet UFC got away without fulfilling their end of the pride fc deal by putting on shows/ sharing talent

also nothing more sickening than that Ultimate fighter japan where you had top JMMA stars who were long time champions in japan fighting for a ufc contract ...legit top veterans too.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:39 am

stu3ufc wrote:Can't believe Sakakibara agreed to a 10 year no compete. They must have been desperate to sell.

bullshit how sakakibara couldnt compete yet UFC got away without fulfilling their end of the pride fc deal by putting on shows/ sharing talent

also nothing more sickening than that Ultimate fighter japan where you had top JMMA stars who were long time champions in japan fighting for a ufc contract ...legit top veterans too.

That is a long time, 10 years. After they lost the TV deal I think they were really desperate to sell.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by KakutogiBoomBap on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:18 am

Yes, it did and it's pretty evident. I loved Sengoku and Dream but they tried and couldn't sustain itself. I personally feel nobody can do it like PRIDE did.

I know Dream had some PRIDE FC staff...... but they didn't have Sakikabara and Dana and the other goofs fear him.

There hasn't been much unity when he was not around. Now we are seeing many small companies come together and only he could make that happen. I hope Uncle Fester is shitting his briefs too.

KakutogiBoomBap

Back to top Go down

Post by ToshihiroTakeda on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:31 am

why is ONE a joke?

(compared to other promotions)

ToshihiroTakeda

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:52 am

KakutogiBoomBap wrote:Yes, it did and it's pretty evident. I loved Sengoku and Dream but they tried and couldn't sustain itself. I personally feel nobody can do it like PRIDE did.

I know Dream had some PRIDE FC staff...... but they didn't have Sakikabara and Dana and the other goofs fear him.

There hasn't been much unity when he was not around. Now we are seeing many small companies come together and only he could make that happen. I hope Uncle Fester is shitting his briefs too.

I think they definitely feel threatened by Rizin. The media reported all day on the UFC Fight Night which was a really good event but they had hardly anything to say about the big JMMA event. Sherdog, Bloody Elbow, UFC/MMA Junkie,..., only had a short article or two on Rizin and it was one of the best events in years. So glad we have this site to discuss JMMA without the BS.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:54 am

ToshihiroTakeda wrote:

why is ONE a joke?

(compared to other promotions)

Not a joke but they have made some questionable moves like getting rid of soccer kicks and not working with Rizin yet when they originally set out to work with everyone. I just expected way more from them.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:42 pm

^^^They started out well but once they realized they could get the same results with local guys as high cost name fighters since their target market is so uneducated in the sport it went downhill. They had western fans due to it being the closest thing to Pride but now that we have Rizin I only check in with them occasionaly.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:30 pm

^Yeah, some good pts.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum