Rizin Grand Prix first round:Attendance/Ratings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rizin Grand Prix first round:Attendance/Ratings

Post by InfinityLens on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:48 pm

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rizin-fighting-world-grand-prix-2016-1st-round-attendance-figure-and-tv-rating.3354375/

Bunch of stuff strewn throughout this thread.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizin Grand Prix first round:Attendance/Ratings

Post by CDF47 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:47 pm

15,000 attendance seems good. I know NYE was more but can't remember what the figure was. NYE was a bigger show though.

Hope they make this upcoming NYE card a big event. This last show was excellent, as all their shows have been so far.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:11 am

CDF47 wrote:15,000 attendance seems good.  I know NYE was more but can't remember what the figure was.  NYE was a bigger show though.  

Hope they make this upcoming NYE card a big event.  This last show was excellent, as all their shows have been so far.

Yeah the new years are the big event for them 15k is pretty good especially for a new organization,

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:40 am

CDF47 wrote:15,000 attendance seems good.  I know NYE was more but can't remember what the figure was.  NYE was a bigger show though.  

Hope they make this upcoming NYE card a big event.  This last show was excellent, as all their shows have been so far.

15,000 sounds great for this event since it's only their fourth event. I know they drew much more for GPs for PRIDE but PRIDE was PRIDE and Rizin is new.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by KakutogiBoomBap on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:07 am

This is good. JMMA is down as a whole. I think they sucked in lots of new fans who only know UFC that were exposed to what MMA really is suppose to be. Rizin is just getting started. There is so many naysayers out there. I feel my passion coming back that I admit I lost for a very long time. I really enjoyed the last show even though there is some nit picking I can do but I think Wanderlei Silva already mentioned it. I think New Years will be amazing and it was also nice to hear Heath Herring once again - whom I feel will be back in the ring, I know Heath watching/commentating this show gave him the itch. I think we will see some other names from the past in future Rizin shows also while continuing to bring in young guys who may potentially become the future of the sport.

KakutogiBoomBap

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:54 am

westcott123 wrote:

Yeah the new years are the big event for them 15k is pretty good especially for a new organization,

Agreed

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:55 am

KakutogiBoomBap wrote:This is good. JMMA is down as a whole. I think they sucked in lots of new fans who only know UFC that were exposed to what MMA really is suppose to be. Rizin is just getting started. There is so many naysayers out there. I feel my passion coming back that I admit I lost for a very long time. I really enjoyed the last show even though there is some nit picking I can do but I think Wanderlei Silva already mentioned it. I think New Years will be amazing and it was also nice to hear Heath Herring once again - whom I feel will be back in the ring, I know Heath watching/commentating this show gave him the itch. I think we will see some other names from the past in future Rizin shows also while continuing to bring in young guys who may potentially become the future of the sport.

I feel much the same. Can't wait for NYE!

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:35 pm

KakutogiBoomBap wrote:This is good. JMMA is down as a whole. I think they sucked in lots of new fans who only know UFC that were exposed to what MMA really is suppose to be. Rizin is just getting started. There is so many naysayers out there. I feel my passion coming back that I admit I lost for a very long time. I really enjoyed the last show even though there is some nit picking I can do but I think Wanderlei Silva already mentioned it. I think New Years will be amazing and it was also nice to hear Heath Herring once again - whom I feel will be back in the ring, I know Heath watching/commentating this show gave him the itch. I think we will see some other names from the past in future Rizin shows also while continuing to bring in young guys who may potentially become the future of the sport.
Rizin brought back my passion as well. It´s the only promotion I´m interested in atm.

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KakutogiBoomBap on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:34 pm

God of Thunder wrote:
Rizin brought back my passion as well. It´s the only promotion I´m interested in atm.

Yes, I just got extremely disinterested with how things were. I got very bitter and I would like to say openly sorry for just upping and leaving before. I wish I would have said something and not just go, I just got burned out with how the landscape was, it felt like at the time it wasn't going to change. If anyone was upset with me at the time, I just would like to say sorry.

It feels good to have Rizin around because now I think there is a chance for things to turn around and just the whole concept of it and the fact isn't trying to be UFC, Makes me happy and excited.

It feels good to be back here too.

KakutogiBoomBap

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:00 pm

KakutogiBoomBap wrote:
God of Thunder wrote:

Yes, I just got extremely disinterested with how things were. I got very bitter and I would like to say openly sorry for just upping and leaving before. I wish I would have said something and not just go, I just got burned out with how the landscape was, it felt like at the time it wasn't going to change. If anyone was upset with me at the time, I just would like to say sorry.

It feels good to have Rizin around because now I think there is a chance for things to turn around and just the whole concept of it and the fact isn't trying to be UFC, Makes me happy and excited.

That's understandable, especially with so many orgs. going the cage fighting route around the world. Even Pancrase and KSW went to a cage.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by KakutogiBoomBap on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:25 pm

CDF47 wrote:
KakutogiBoomBap wrote:
God of Thunder wrote:

That's understandable, especially with so many orgs. going the cage fighting route around the world.  Even Pancrase and KSW went to a cage.

Yeah, the unified rules, lack of ring in most promotions, the attitude of the ufc cult, just the whole shabang, how they treat fighters like Fedor, Wand, Mirko, Mark Hunt and anyone outside of the UFC. I'm happy these guys who have nothing left to prove have a place to go now where they will be respected and given a fair shake, and not have to deal with Joe Silva's asinine bookings or Dana White's smear campaigns.

I think things are going to get much better down the road.

KakutogiBoomBap

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:38 pm

KakutogiBoomBap wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
KakutogiBoomBap wrote:
God of Thunder wrote:

That's understandable, especially with so many orgs. going the cage fighting route around the world.  Even Pancrase and KSW went to a cage.

Yeah, the unified rules, lack of ring in most promotions, the attitude of the ufc cult, just the whole shabang, how they treat fighters like Fedor, Wand, Mirko, Mark Hunt and anyone outside of the UFC. I'm happy these guys who have nothing left to prove have a place to go now where they will be respected and given a fair shake, and not have to deal with Joe Silva's asinine bookings or Dana White's smear campaigns.

I think things are going to get much better down the road.

Well said

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by m1challengefan on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:13 pm

15 000 is totally fine for the fourth show and I'm sure that number will eventually quadruple in a year or so and with the addition of new talent,hopefully in the near future there will be clear contenders in each weight class so that title fights can take place and champions can be crowned in each respective division,but that takes time and the way the first four events have played out is gradually moving in that direction.

So far the Rizin events have at least for me exceeded expectations of what can realistically happen for an organization that has been around for a little over a year,much more impressive than the stale wsof probably my only minor problem would be that I would hope they don't try and build the organization
with past and faded stars don't get me wrong I love some nostalgia but those
fighters should only be fighting other past legends,the fight between Baruto
and Fujita was kind of hard for me to enjoy knowing that a prime Fujita would
have more than likely quickly dispatched Baruto only to now look like an emaciated version of his former self,in some cases the opposite is true where
fighters past their physical prime can still compete at a high level and I would say Fedor falls into that classification although not as dominant as he was back in the 2000's he can still win fights against UFC fighters,but I don't see
Rizin going in that direction anyways since there have been fighters like Jiri,Teodoras,Kron and a rejuvenated Mirko now back in the mix its only a matter of time.

m1challengefan

Back to top Go down

Post by KakutogiBoomBap on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:37 pm

m1challengefan wrote:15 000 is totally fine for the fourth show and I'm sure that number will eventually quadruple in a year or so and with the addition of new talent,hopefully in the near future there will be clear contenders in each weight class so that title fights can take place and champions can be crowned in each respective division,but that takes time and the way the first four events have played out is gradually moving in that direction.

So far the Rizin events have at least for me exceeded expectations of what can realistically happen for an organization that has been around for a little over a year,much more impressive than the stale wsof probably my only minor problem would be that I would hope they don't try and build the organization
with past and faded stars don't get me wrong I love some nostalgia but those
fighters should only be fighting other past legends,the fight between Baruto
and Fujita was kind of hard for me to enjoy knowing that a prime Fujita would
have more than likely quickly dispatched Baruto only to now look like an emaciated version of his former self,in some cases the opposite is true where
fighters past their physical prime can still compete at a high level and I would say Fedor falls into that classification although not as dominant as he was back in the 2000's he can still win fights against UFC fighters,but I don't see
Rizin going in that direction anyways since there have been fighters like Jiri,Teodoras,Kron and a rejuvenated Mirko now back in the mix its only a matter of time.

For the older fighters, I recall hearing about a legend's division. I also heard them specifically say they do not want UFC cast aways which is great. I really want new talent to shine and the whole concept of Rizin being that it's like the "World cup of MMA" I agree with you about Fujita, Sakuraba or guys like Shamrock. I think Mirko, Wandy and Fedor are borderline. I think how Fedor looks in his next fight will say it for sure. He may have been very rusty from being away so long. I'm not denying he's aged that's a certainty.

KakutogiBoomBap

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum