Khabib Nurmagomedov: I get next title shot or I quit -- and I'll make sure UFC never holds an event in Russia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Khabib Nurmagomedov: I get next title shot or I quit -- and I'll make sure UFC never holds an event in Russia

Post by MR.WILLIE on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:16 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/10/4/13169018/khabib-nurmagomedov-warns-ufc-get-next-title-shot-or-i-quit-never-hold-event-russia-mma

"If I don't fight after this fight for the title, I never fight in UFC," Nurmagomedov told Luke Thomas (via The Score). "No more. Because I deserve this. I am undefeated, I never lose. Eight-and-a-half years, I never lose. And everybody knows that I deserve this fight."

Nurmagomedov (23-0) was on the cusp of a title shot against reigning lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez; however,featherweight phenom Conor McGregor was able to override that request and secure the Alvarez fight in the main event of UFC 205 next month in New York City.

Probably because of this.

"UFC thinks Conor has power? Ireland has only six million people. I'm from Russia. 150 million people," Nurmagomedov continued. "If the UFC doesn't give me a title fight after this fight, I'm going to show how I have power in Russia. And I know if I don't fight for the title next fight after this fight, the UFC will never, ever go to Russia. Never."

*things are getting out of hand under the new regime*

MR.WILLIE

Back to top Go down

Re: Khabib Nurmagomedov: I get next title shot or I quit -- and I'll make sure UFC never holds an event in Russia

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:24 am

Can't blame Khabib. I know people try to make excuses because he fought once in two years but the guy is undefeated in MMA and UFC all the while beating Dos Anjos on the way up. Meanwhile, that "one win in two years" is still more wins than McGregor has at Lightweight. The Conor McGregor title shot is nothing but horseshit and it's nice UFC fighters are calling the company out. After all the years of criticizing boxing for doing these fights now the UFC is doing it more and more.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Re: Khabib Nurmagomedov: I get next title shot or I quit -- and I'll make sure UFC never holds an event in Russia

Post by KakutogiBoomBap on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:37 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:Can't blame Khabib. I know people try to make excuses because he fought once in two years but the guy is undefeated in MMA and UFC all the while beating Dos Anjos on the way up. Meanwhile, that "one win in two years" is still more wins than McGregor has at Lightweight. The Conor McGregor title shot is nothing but horseshit and it's nice UFC fighters are calling the company out. After all the years of criticizing boxing for doing these fights now the UFC is doing it more and more.

Right on the money man! "only the best fight the best" lol, "This isn't Japan" Rolling LMAO
KakutogiBoomBap

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:19 am

Glad to see more and more ufc fighters turning on the ufc. Should have happened a long time ago but better late than never.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Khabib is past due a title shot, I agree with him.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Bump.

This thead just became relevant again, I still haven't seen UFC 205.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:30 pm

He should definitely be next in line. He was before IMO but I think there is no doubt now. He is 24-0 now and should have had a shot even before.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:36 pm

^^^Some updates on Khabib:

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/11/23/13715524/ufc--khabib-nurmagomedov-offered-5-million-fight-russia-tony-ferguson-cement-title-shot-mma
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:49 pm

LMAO at Khabib calling the shots

UFC aint never coming to russia

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:53 pm

InfinityLens wrote:^^^Some updates on Khabib:

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/11/23/13715524/ufc--khabib-nurmagomedov-offered-5-million-fight-russia-tony-ferguson-cement-title-shot-mma

Wow, that would be a huge pay day.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum