UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by ZuffaKiller on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:00 am

"If the fight happens I will fight with pleasure, but I can tell if it is proved that the use of illegal substances is disrespect to the sport and something unfair to me. The ratio of testosterone in his body that there may be increased by 30% his strength and aggressiveness of it, I was told people who know the subject. Will really be unfair fight, but as a fighter will be ready to face anyone.

He stated before that he doesn't know what the Nevada State Athletic Commission will do, but he insinuates that if Overeem is indeed licensed, it's a slap in the face to the sport and unfair to him as a fighter. He also re-affirms that he is clean and that the testing needs to be improved:

If the athletic commission and the UFC want I'll fight him. I am a fighter and will be there to fight, but it is sure to be disrespect to MMA and how serious is this sport. This will also be unfair, it will be unfair to me. I've never used these devices to gain strength. I think the right would do blood tests on wrestlers as is done in the Olympics, not the urine, since the blood is easier to detect these illegal substances. We want to know who the best really. No use to be the best liar. Being a world champion making false use of a lot of drugs, that's not being champion. I can clearly say that I am the champion without ever having the use of any illegal artifice in order to get there. I favor more rigorous tests to assess whether someone is doped. It has to be a clean sport and these tests should occur more surprises. If Overeem is more aggressive and stronger the more he will resist blows and it will be difficult for me. If I lose will be unfair. He will not have fought better than I have fought doped."

http://www.bloodyanus.com/2012/4/11/2942413/ufc-146-junior-dos-santos-will-fight-alistair-overeem-but-feels-it-is

ZuffaKiller

Posts : 4178
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by monaroCountry on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:00 am

JDS really has no other exciting fight in his horizon without Overeem. Mir would be garbage, theres no reason to fight glass jawed Cain (and Mir for that matter), and really UFC has no other credible fights or fights that people would clamor to watch.

monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by Sonatine on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:49 am

So much for the "(so-called) best fighting the best" 3 times a year.... Rolling Eyes .
avatar
Sonatine

Location : UK
Age : 32
Posts : 747
Join date : 2012-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by monaroCountry on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:39 am

yeah exactly. At most they only fight second rate over hyped opponents once a year.

Fedor out of an American promotion is actually busier, which is always good.

monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by marchegiano on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:58 am

yeah, well. I do like some of there up-comers.

Pat Barry
Travis Browne
Chad Griggs
Shane Del Rosario.

I can see all four being number one contender at some point. I've high hopes for Shane and Chad myself.

_________________
The Ballad of Yankee Sullivan
He'd spent some time in Botany Bay atoning for his sins
He fought a bout with Hammer Lane and took a tainted win
He was the hero of the Bowery, a prince of lawless times
Then was battered by the "Butcherman" in 1849
He knew the game of fisticuffs, he knew the game of fight
But no one knew the game would come and take his life that night
Fisticuffs by Primus
avatar
marchegiano

Posts : 562
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by KSW on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:26 pm

marchegiano wrote:yeah, well. I do like some of there up-comers.

Pat Barry
Travis Browne
Chad Griggs
Shane Del Rosario.

I can see all four being number one contender at some point. I've high hopes for Shane and Chad myself.
Del Rosario has most potential out of those guys imo.
avatar
KSW

Location : Sweden
Posts : 9370
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by iforgotmypassword on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:03 pm

JDS will never be the same after the beatings Cain put on him. I wish they would let Cain get a hold of Jones.

_________________
China Top Team
avatar
iforgotmypassword

Location : KUNLUN mountain living the dream
Posts : 1442
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Sonatine wrote:So much for the "(so-called) best fighting the best" 3 times a year.... Rolling Eyes .

2 years ago I jizzed my pants at this match up....then the reem tested positive and then JDS went on to fight Cain like 2 times and then overeem comes back and looks like shit against Travis Browne and Ben fucking rothwell.

as always UFC misses the ball with these mega fights

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5131
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:11 pm

I think that Overeem has decent 'punchers luck' chance to win (like 20%) so JDS would like to not risk. I think that the best match up for JDS is Arlovski!


Last edited by LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Moderator

Location : Croatia
Posts : 1149
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:15 pm

LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:I think that Overeem has decent 'punchers luck' chance to win (like 20%) so JDS would like to not  risk.      I think that the best opponent against JDS is Arlovski!

tbh all these guys .... the level of their striking decreases with every fucking fight. honestly! They cant even do the basics right. Thats why I am less interested in overeem and jds. Overeems striking has gone to shit since he left glory

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5131
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by westcott123 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:22 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:I think that Overeem has decent 'punchers luck' chance to win (like 20%) so JDS would like to not  risk.      I think that the best opponent against JDS is Arlovski!

tbh all these guys .... the level of their striking decreases with every fucking fight. honestly! They cant even do the basics right. Thats why I am less interested in overeem and jds. Overeems striking has gone to shit since he left glory
i think you meant k1 he didn't fight in glory and yeah i want to see this neither is winning a championship belt any time soon . werdum and cain would destroy jds . Overeem is a hot and cold fighter since he joined the ufc .he was hot and cold in pride as well 7 and 6 or 7 and 7  i think that is overeem record in pride .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1323
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Would Still Fight Alistair Overeem, But Feels It Is Unfair And Disrespects The Sport

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:18 am

westcott123 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:
LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:I think that Overeem has decent 'punchers luck' chance to win (like 20%) so JDS would like to not  risk.      I think that the best opponent against JDS is Arlovski!

tbh all these guys .... the level of their striking decreases with every fucking fight. honestly! They cant even do the basics right. Thats why I am less interested in overeem and jds. Overeems striking has gone to shit since he left glory
i think you meant k1 he didn't fight in glory and yeah i want to see this neither is winning a championship belt any time soon . werdum and cain would destroy jds . Overeem is a hot and cold fighter since he joined the ufc .he was hot and cold in pride as well 7 and 6 or 7 and 7  i think that is overeem record in pride .

I think he meant the Golden Glory gym. Overeem was 7-7 in PRIDE.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1256
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum