Fedor Criticizes Chechen Leader for Child MMA Fights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:29 pm

MOSCOW - The Moscow-backed leader of the Russian region of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, faced criticism Wednesday after his sons took part in televised mixed martial arts fights involving children as young as eight.

One of Kadyrov’s sons, 10-year-old Akhmad, beat another boy by a technical knockout in the cage during a so-called exhibition bout on a nationally televised fight card Tuesday, while his younger brothers Eli and Adam also won their fights as a crowd of adults in the hall cheered them on.

The children walked into the ring with background music, were announced in the same way as pro fighters and were rewarded with belts when they won, with their father looking on. The TV broadcast from the Chechen capital Grozny was chiefly focused on adult bouts, but featured professional commentary and graphics introducing the child fighters.

Kadyrov was inaugurated Wednesday to a new term as Chechnya’s leader on his 40th birthday.

Leading Russian MMA pro Fedor Emelianenko called the fights “unacceptable” and dangerous in a statement on his Instagram page, and said the children risked permanent injury and psychological harm.

“What happened at the tournament in Grozny is unacceptable and, moreover, cannot be justified,” said Emelianenko, who heads the Russian MMA Union. “There were little ones, eight years old, punching each other in front of happy adults. Is it really so important for you to organize a spectacle at the cost of children’s health?!”

It was “incomprehensible to me” that state TV showed children’s fights, he added.

Emelianenko said children under the age of 12 should not be allowed to take part in any MMA fights and that anyone under the age of 21 must wear a helmet and protective gear for safety reasons. The children in the televised bouts fought bare-headed. In at least one case, a child received a heavy blow to the head.

Kadyrov posted videos of the fights to his own Instagram page along with congratulatory comments for his sons. A defeated 10-year-old opponent “showed real masculine character,” Kadyrov wrote, adding: “I’m sure there are victorious fights ahead.”

Kadyrov has been repeatedly accused of human rights violations during his rule of Chechnya, including murders and forced disappearances.

He is a noted sports fan, overseeing a Russian Premier League soccer team, and once challenged one of his ministers to a boxing match after criticizing his work.

Kadyrov, who is a close ally of President Vladimir Putin, won re-election as Chechnya’s leader last month with almost 98 percent of the vote, according to regional election authorities. He faces almost no organized political opposition.

Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor Criticizes Chechen Leader for Child MMA Fights

Post by fka on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Fuck this dude fedor should give him a proper russian hook.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KakutogiBoomBap on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Well, I agree with Fedor I do not want to watch young kids doing full contact fights myself.

KakutogiBoomBap

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:23 pm

^I agree

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Last week, the daughter of a “famous heavyweight” was attacked and hospitalized in Moscow. While the report did not name the fighter, BloodyElbow confirmed with multiple sources that it was heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko.

According to the report, the 16-year-old girl (incorrectly labeled as nine years old in the article) was on her way home from school when she was attacked by unnamed assailants and assaulted in the process. She was seemingly kicked in the chest, an attack that left a noticeable bruise on her body. The report added that the girl was transferred to the Research Institute of Children's Emergency Surgery and Traumatology, where she was diagnosed with "contusion of the chest and abdomen."

According to the police, who arrived once it became clear that Emelianenko’s daughter had been assaulted, the victim was unwilling to identify the assailants. “Perhaps she is intimidated by those who attacked her?” stated the article.

The incident, which occurred on October 9, coincides with the timing of Fedor’s condemnation of the child MMA fights in Chechnya hosted by Chechen dictator Ramzan Kadyrov.

In a social media post, Fedor explained that “what happened in Grozny is unacceptable & cannot be justified.” His comments prompted an investigation by the Kremlin and the Commissioner for Children’s Rights in the Russian Federation (review to be completed on October 18) but also drew the attention of Kadyrov’s cronies and henchmen in Chechnya.

Fedor’s condemnation of Kadyrov’s event also led to a series of abusive responses from the members of the Akhmat Fight Club, including WSOF flyweight champion Magomed Bibulatov and notorious State Duma member Adam Delimkhanov. Even UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov took aim at Fedor and stood in favor of the child fights in Chechnya.

All comments were later deleted at the request of Kadyrov, who declared on his social media account that Fedor likely “realized his mistake.”

For those interested in more information on Kadyrov and the political implications behind his child MMA stunt, read Karim Zidan's feature here.

thought i paste this what a bunch of cowards  and the cheychnean leader Ramzan Kadyrov fuck he is one smug looking arse hole .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:43 pm

Fuck kadyrov anf fuck Akhmat fight club bunch if Neanderthal idiots.......fucking retarded fucks hope they get those assholes let fedor beat there asses and let them spend some cell time with.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:54 pm

westcott123 wrote:Last week, the daughter of a “famous heavyweight” was attacked and hospitalized in Moscow. While the report did not name the fighter, BloodyElbow confirmed with multiple sources that it was heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko.

According to the report, the 16-year-old girl (incorrectly labeled as nine years old in the article) was on her way home from school when she was attacked by unnamed assailants and assaulted in the process. She was seemingly kicked in the chest, an attack that left a noticeable bruise on her body. The report added that the girl was transferred to the Research Institute of Children's Emergency Surgery and Traumatology, where she was diagnosed with "contusion of the chest and abdomen."

According to the police, who arrived once it became clear that Emelianenko’s daughter had been assaulted, the victim was unwilling to identify the assailants. “Perhaps she is intimidated by those who attacked her?” stated the article.

The incident, which occurred on October 9, coincides with the timing of Fedor’s condemnation of the child MMA fights in Chechnya hosted by Chechen dictator Ramzan Kadyrov.

In a social media post, Fedor explained that “what happened in Grozny is unacceptable & cannot be justified.” His comments prompted an investigation by the Kremlin and the Commissioner for Children’s Rights in the Russian Federation (review to be completed on October 18) but also drew the attention of Kadyrov’s cronies and henchmen in Chechnya.

Fedor’s condemnation of Kadyrov’s event also led to a series of abusive responses from the members of the Akhmat Fight Club, including WSOF flyweight champion Magomed Bibulatov and notorious State Duma member Adam Delimkhanov. Even UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov took aim at Fedor and stood in favor of the child fights in Chechnya.

All comments were later deleted at the request of Kadyrov, who declared on his social media account that Fedor likely “realized his mistake.”

For those interested in more information on Kadyrov and the political implications behind his child MMA stunt, read Karim Zidan's feature here.

thought i paste this what a bunch of cowards  and the cheychnean  leader Ramzan Kadyrov fuck he is one smug looking arse hole .

Can you provide the source for this article?

Looks like Fedoer has some enemies.

Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:44 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/12/13256490/fedor-daughter-attacked-after-criticism-against-kadyrov-child-mma-news

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/13/13268326/fedor-spokesperson-confirms-daughter-s-assault-police-investigation-ongoing

http://prommanow.com/2016/10/13/wtf-fedors-daughter-gets-attacked-after-he-criticizes-kids-mma/

looks like they have intimidated her into not talking .

westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:02 am

Hope they catch all the guys involved.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:42 pm

westcott123 wrote:Last week, the daughter of a “famous heavyweight” was attacked and hospitalized in Moscow. While the report did not name the fighter, BloodyElbow confirmed with multiple sources that it was heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko.

thought i paste this what a bunch of cowards  and the cheychnean  leader Ramzan Kadyrov fuck he is one smug looking arse hole .
Sick bastards

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by God of Thunder on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:43 pm

I agree with Fedor 100%. Children should not compete when they can get seriously hurt. No headgear is absolutely disgusting.

God of Thunder
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:20 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/from_safonov/status/786879340357312512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Could this be something more than what is being revealed?

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum