Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by Kingfedor on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:36 pm


After months of contractual disputes, Georges St-Pierre (25-2) has revealed that his UFC contract has been terminated.

He is now a free-agent.


_________________
avatar
Kingfedor
Admin

Location : Quebec
Posts : 2743
Join date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by CDF47 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Would be great seeing GSP dropping knees on the ground in the Rizin ring!

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10929
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by MR.WILLIE on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:02 pm

CDF47 wrote: Would be great seeing GSP dropping knees on the ground in the Rizin ring!

Whoever signs him needs a shitload of $$$$$$

Rizin or Bellator I don't see anybody else entering the bidding

MR.WILLIE

Location : Puerto Rico
Posts : 6498
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by Kinosis on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:48 pm

Nice to see GSP say that Dana has been lying about him; saying that he can tell he doesn't want to fight anymore and all of that nonsense. He also called out the ufc for the Brock Lesnar situation. Everyone knows they were helping Lesnar get away with being juiced.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by westcott123 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:10 pm

Wow if the most dominant welter weight ever wants/ed out of his ufc contract whats does that say ? i can imagine the response "he was never that good to begin with "
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1199
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by westcott123 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:12 pm

Kinosis wrote:Nice to see GSP say that Dana has been lying about him; saying that he can tell he doesn't want to fight anymore and all of that nonsense.  He also called out the ufc for the Brock Lesnar situation.  Everyone knows they were helping Lesnar get away with being juiced.  


Yep and no doubt gsp is now dana's new enemy and this is another crack in the ufc dam i'm just gonna sit back and watch as the dam burst .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1199
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:43 pm

westcott123 wrote:Wow if the most dominant welter weight ever wants/ed out of his ufc contract whats does that say ? i can imagine the response "he was never that good to begin with "

Either that or he's washed up and past his prime.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1173
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by westcott123 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Wow if the most dominant welter weight ever wants/ed out of his ufc contract whats does that say ? i can imagine the response "he was never that good to begin with "

Either that or he's washed up and past his prime.

it will definitely be one of the them
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1199
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:47 pm

westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Wow if the most dominant welter weight ever wants/ed out of his ufc contract whats does that say ? i can imagine the response "he was never that good to begin with "

Either that or he's washed up and past his prime.

it will definitely be one of the them

Don't you just love how the zombies use that excuse? In the UFC, they're the best in the world but when they struggle outside of it, they're past their prime cause to the zombies, a UFC gatekeeper should win a title easily anywhere else..
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1173
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:30 pm

westcott123 wrote:Wow if the most dominant welter weight ever wants/ed out of his ufc contract whats does that say ? i can imagine the response "he was never that good to begin with "

what a great day for MMA

Hope GSP signs with bellator/ rizin

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5127
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by stu3ufc on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:31 pm

They will write GSP out of the history books

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5127
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by Kinosis on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:38 am

Now the ufc is saying GSP is still under contract. Looks like a legal battle is coming.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:24 am

Kinosis wrote:Now the ufc is saying GSP is still under contract.  Looks like a legal battle is coming.

where are the same people who blasted bjorn for holding on to Eddie when it comes to UFC strong holding fighters who wish to leave???

_________________




avatar
stu3ufc

Posts : 5127
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by Kinosis on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:37 am

^There isn't a lot of consistency with MMA fans.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1837
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by CDF47 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:04 pm

MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote: Would be great seeing GSP dropping knees on the ground in the Rizin ring!

Whoever signs him needs a shitload of $$$$$$

Rizin or Bellator I don't see anybody else entering the bidding

Oh yeah, GSP is worth big money in MMA

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, WSOF, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Psalms 23
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 10929
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by westcott123 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Kinosis wrote:Now the ufc is saying GSP is still under contract.  Looks like a legal battle is coming.

Isn't gsp under a older contact or did he signed a new one ?
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1199
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by westcott123 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:48 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
Kinosis wrote:Now the ufc is saying GSP is still under contract.  Looks like a legal battle is coming.

where are the same people who blasted bjorn for holding on to Eddie when it comes to UFC strong holding fighters who wish to leave???

Oh they will be the ones defending the ufc decision as we all know "its only OK when the ufc does it "
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1199
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by Hamilcar on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Honestly, I would love to see GSP in ONE just so I can see him fight Askren.

But, yeah, the UFC is becoming the third tier org it's always been.
avatar
Hamilcar
Moderator

Location : Hangzhou
Posts : 1059
Join date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by westcott123 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:21 pm

This is another reason why guys like fedor and aoki never signed to the ufc they knew this type of thing would happenhttp://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/19/13333778/georges-st-pierres-lawyer-calls-ufc-contract-something-out-of-the
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1199
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Georges St-Pierre is now a free-agent

Post by Hamilcar on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:54 pm

westcott123 wrote:This is another reason why guys like fedor and aoki never signed to the ufc they knew this type of thing would happenhttp://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/19/13333778/georges-st-pierres-lawyer-calls-ufc-contract-something-out-of-the

People should read this article. Essentially, GSP got himself a powerful lawyer who has successfully sued the other huge three-letter sports organizations. This lawyer is saying that the UFC's contract would never hold up under legal scrutiny. "It is like something out of the 1940s" he said. The UFC is screwed.


By the way, GSP is cool and all, but is anyone else concerned he might be getting a little too old for this? I don't want to see a declining GSP. I liked the idea of him retiring on top.
avatar
Hamilcar
Moderator

Location : Hangzhou
Posts : 1059
Join date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum