Shane Carwin tweets photo of Rizin FF glove, says he accepted fight with Fedor Emelianenko

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shane Carwin tweets photo of Rizin FF glove, says he accepted fight with Fedor Emelianenko

Post by MR.WILLIE on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:21 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/10/shane-carwin-tweets-photo-of-rizin-ff-glove-says-he-accepted-fight-with-fedor-emelianenko/

He says he accepted the fight 2 weeks ago

MR.WILLIE

Back to top Go down

Re: Shane Carwin tweets photo of Rizin FF glove, says he accepted fight with Fedor Emelianenko

Post by Kinosis on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:15 am

I don't think there is anything to this at the moment. Fedor himself, a little while back, said he is still talking to different companies and nothing has been decided yet. Fedor also said he would release the information when something is worked out. Then his coach made it sound like Fedor won't fight again this year. Plus there is all this stuff Fedor is dealing with where his daughter was attacked, so he may not fight again this year, or at all.

Rizin may have offered Fedor to Carwin, but Bellator offered Fedor to Tito as well. None of that means Fedor is signed with these companies, just that they would try to get him if Carwin or Tito agree to it. It's just somewhat likely possibilities, not guarantees.

If Rizin officially signs Carwin, he should join the GP.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Re: Shane Carwin tweets photo of Rizin FF glove, says he accepted fight with Fedor Emelianenko

Post by CDF47 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:37 am

Yeah, I'd prefer to see Carwin in GP and Fedor/Big Foot on NYE

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by m1challengefan on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:43 pm

It would be in Fedor's benefit to fight Carwin on nye considering Fedor has at least had a couple of fights,even though the Jaideep fight was a joke the last one against Maldonado was not and gave Fedor the exact test he wanted to shake off the rust with being almost finished in the beginning of the fight only to weather the storm and come back and get the win,I think its safe to say that mentally Fedor is prepared for the dangerous opponents like a Carwin or bf Silva.

Carwin on the other hand hasn't had a fight in 5 years and also had a lot of injuries,how someone has looked in training is irrelevant because without actually fighting the inactivity will show just like it did when Jones fought OSP in UFC after being inactive,so in a fight with two elite hw's being the more active fighter is a huge advantage.

m1challengefan

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:33 pm

I say fantastic fight, and I hope it comes to pass.

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:45 pm

nodogoshi wrote:I say fantastic fight, and I hope it comes to pass.

I agree it would be a great one but would also be cool to see Carwin in GP. Either way is good but if they can get Big Foot, prefer that one on NYE and maybe the Carwin fight in 2017.

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:04 pm

CDF47 wrote:

I agree it would be a great one but would also be cool to see Carwin in GP.  Either way is good but if they can get Big Foot, prefer that one on NYE and maybe the Carwin fight in 2017.

Is Bigfoot a free agent or something? Last I saw he was getting KO'd in the UFC by Roy Nelson (as it happens, I just watched that card yesterday).

I'd rather see Fedor vs Carwin, rather than a rematch vs Bigfoot, who was just KO'd (and didn't look so great) in his last fight.

I don't even see how Bigfoot is an option though.

nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 pm

nodogoshi wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I agree it would be a great one but would also be cool to see Carwin in GP.  Either way is good but if they can get Big Foot, prefer that one on NYE and maybe the Carwin fight in 2017.

Is Bigfoot a free agent or something? Last I saw he was getting KO'd in the UFC by Roy Nelson (as it happens, I just watched that card yesterday).

I'd rather see Fedor vs Carwin, rather than a rematch vs Bigfoot, who was just KO'd (and didn't look so great) in his last fight.

I don't even see how Bigfoot is an option though.

Big Foot is a free agent. He was just released the other day. I want to see both fights but prefer the Fedor avenge bouts first with Carwin in GP. Could setup some cool fights with Carwin in GP but either way is good. Fedor vs. Carwin on NYE would definitely great as well!

CDF47

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:38 pm

The Fedor fight offer that Carwin received is not from Rizin.  He said he has a couple of offers and that the Fedor one is the most interesting.  

Shane Carwin:

"It was a different promotion that has Fedor under contract. While they see if he wants to fight I am having other meetings."

"If Rizin is where I go it is for the Open Weight GP at the end of the yr. but nothing has been signed or agreed to yet."

From this I would assume Fedor is signed with Bellator or EFN.  We know it's not Rizin and it wouldn't be the ufc either since Carwin just got out of his contract with them.  Bellator did offer Tito the Fedor fight before so it could very well be them.  EFN is less likely because I remember Fedor mentioning he has been talking with Japanese and American companies (but didn't mention Russian one).  Logically, the only likely one left is Bellator.

Carwin posting a pic of a Rizin glove while also talking about agreeing to fight Fedor, when Carwin himself has said Fedor is signed to a company that is not Rizin, sounds more like he is trying to keep his name out there generating buzz than anything. Especially as he said nothing has been signed or agreed to.

Kinosis

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:46 am

Bingo^^^ hes stirring fans up to show how much interest it garners.

Great fight wherever it happens.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1

fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:40 pm

He's in the GP but his opponent isn't exactly the most proven, I guess we will see how it goes.

InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum