As New UFC Owners Reshape MMA's Future, Will Fans and Fighters Also Profit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:27 pm

It looks like these WME-IMG guys might suck a whole lot less than Zuffa. UFC is no longer a mob run company. So, do we here at Global-MMA still need to hate the UFC?
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Re: As New UFC Owners Reshape MMA's Future, Will Fans and Fighters Also Profit?

Post by CDF47 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Would be cool if they change things up.  I think they should start by reducing their roster and drastically reducing their number of events; including international events which looks like the way they are headed.  They should put more focus on their heavier male divisions; HW, LHW, MW.  More finishes come from these divisions.  I'd also like to see them send at least some mid-tier fighters over to Rizin GPs.

It's an excellent article. Some of their new plans sound really good. I like how they plan on having events across different networks like the NFL and other major sports do and then reducing PPVs. Would be a great move. $60 PPVs should be for the absolute biggest events IMO.

Last edited by CDF47 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:38 pm

How can the fighters profit?

The new owners bought this thing for 4 billion when its lets be honest worth 1-2 billion MAX. They're already in the hole by 4billion and it will take like 20 years for them to break even at least.

Just look at all the cuts and changes they've made in 2 months. The fighters arent going to see anymore money thats for sure.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Hamilcar wrote:UFC is no longer a mob run company

you think it will be better under the guy who owns them now? lol same crooks running the show. Ari Emmanule has connections with the white house

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:58 pm

I personally love the new owners. Like Stu said they overpaid and will be bankrupt in no time. Hopefully Cage MMA will be dead at that point.

KUNLUN is the future with RIZIN filling the ringed mma niche. RENA will usher mma into this new dawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by kayneoTheRisingWarrior on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:41 pm

what does gold and dagwood think about this.

"The sheep are still asleep in zuffiaa safe media world, so my mission is to wake them up

and expose them by telling them the truth . Afterward I unplug the brainwashing machine

of their head from zuffia."
- kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:24 pm

iforgotmypassword wrote:I personally love the new owners. Like Stu said they overpaid and will be bankrupt in no time. Hopefully Cage MMA will be dead at that point.

KUNLUN is the future with RIZIN filling the ringed mma niche. RENA will usher mma into this new dawn.

I highly doubt that dude. Have you seen who they manage and who they own and the types of events they have with music stars

4 billion is pocket change. of course they over paid but its about control not money. I guess WME will trim the fat and just go for the long haul of owning the UFC

ZUFFA and dana are laughing all the way to the bank it's hilarious

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by KakutogiBoomBap on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:01 am

the new owners paid lots of money, i don't think the fighters are going to benefit at all.... maybe the ones like Conor or Rousey will.
KakutogiBoomBap

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:25 pm

stu3ufc wrote:
iforgotmypassword wrote:I personally love the new owners. Like Stu said they overpaid and will be bankrupt in no time. Hopefully Cage MMA will be dead at that point.

I highly doubt that dude. Have you seen who they manage and who they own and the types of events they have with music stars

4 billion is pocket change. of course they over paid but its about control not money. I guess WME will trim the fat and just go for the long haul of owning the UFC

ZUFFA and dana are laughing all the way to the bank it's hilarious

WME wont go under but their investors will unload as soon as they see they bought junk bonds. Ronda and Conor lose their next couple fights and they will be lucky to even turn a profit. Let alone pay back the loans. At that point they will sell for whatever they can get.

It all spells the doom for mma. The sport was a fad anyways..

Back to top Go down

Post by iforgotmypassword on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:34 pm

The reason I say fad is because if check any ufc social media or youtube. Only Conor and Ronda type things get viewed. The casuals only care about two people. And the casuals drive the PPV market. PPV is their single biggest money maker. FOX is already not renewing the television deal and they are shopping it around. WME thinks they can make new stars but combat sports doesnt work that way. You can push Cody neck tattoo but if he loses one or two fights it's over. Boxing tried to make the next Tyson and it never worked.

MMA is on the verge of a bust period. Eventually someone will come along again but when that happens no one knows. Mayweather and Pac are gone in boxing and people thought Canelo was the future of the sport. He sold 200k his last PPV and casuals are tuning him out as well. You can make stars in music or TV. It's not possible in Combat sports. Stars make themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:19 pm

This new regime isn't going to keep over extending....

They already dumped most of the leftover zuffa garbage and bring in their own guys as well as scaling back international expansion which will mean they can lessen the schedule and reduce the roster to more manageable size reducing costs.

These guys are smart and so far seem actually open to change.....too early for a real judgement but they are better then zuffa.

Meanwhile viacom and CBS are talking merger which ironically means bellator would become available to more channels and homes including strikeforces old stomping ground in showtime.

Mma is growing in alot of nations,we got jmma back in biz,Ny finally legalized it lol,new rules coming into play as well as judging criteria....mma isnt dieng not in the slightest.The power may shift or whatever but mma won't die too much money to be made.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:50 am

fka wrote:This new regime isn't going to keep over extending....

They already dumped most of the leftover zuffa garbage and bring in their own guys as well as scaling back international expansion which will mean they can lessen the schedule and reduce the roster to more manageable size reducing costs.

These guys are smart and so far seem actually open to change.....too early for a real judgement but they are better then zuffa.

Meanwhile viacom and CBS are talking merger which ironically means bellator would become available to more channels and homes including strikeforces old stomping ground in showtime.

Mma is growing in alot of nations,we got jmma back in biz,Ny finally legalized it lol,new rules coming into play as well as judging criteria....mma isnt dieng not in the slightest.The power may shift or whatever but mma won't die too much money to be made.

the reason for me losing interest is really down to a lack of fights I really look forward too. before i used to cream my pants at a pride bushido event or an Affliction style card....now the events are too frequent with fighters I have no idea who they are and titles that no one cares for like the entire womens divisions and the flyweight division. All my old favorites are retiring, retired or on their last leg looking very chinny like belfort and overeem.

its very rare I look forward and enjoy an MMA fight.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Them scaling back will open opportunities for other promotions, if they take advantage of it.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum