Fedor: Nothing is signed, name being used for press

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fedor: Nothing is signed, name being used for press

Post by Kinosis on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:05 pm

Emelianenko explained that he is yet to sign a contract for his next fight and does not plan on sharing details until the deal is in place.

“We are now negotiating my next fight, but the contract is not signed with any organization. Before the official announcement, all information about the negotiations are confidential and neither party can not disclose it. As long as I've been training as usual, has not yet started to prepare the specific opponent. Today, many people use the lack of information about my next fight for their own purposes.”

Emelianenko also denied rumours that he was offered a match-up against former UFC title contender Shane Carwin.

“We were not and are not conducting negotiations for a fight with the company Rizin. Therefore, the information regarding Shane Carwin’s acceptance to meet me in the ring is surprising for me. No proposals from the Japanese promotion arrived to me. In the near future we will announce the date of my fight from official sources.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/31/13478148/fedor-emelianenko-negotiations-for-next-fight-contract-not-signed-bellator-mma

Back to top Go down

Re: Fedor: Nothing is signed, name being used for press

Post by TeamJohnPerretti on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:56 pm

A little disappointing to hear that he's not negotiating with RIZIN.

I guess he'll be fighting in the Bellator dog cage.
TeamJohnPerretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:41 pm

That's what I figured. Unless it's going to be some free for all event against Fedor, you can't believe all these rumors about his opponents. Too many of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:59 pm

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:A little disappointing to hear that he's not negotiating with RIZIN.

I guess he'll be fighting in the Bellator dog cage.

I agree, Rizin is where I wanted him. He even said originally that Nobuyuki Sakakibara talking to him and telling him he was getting back into MMA is a large reason why he came back, then he never wants to fight there anymore. I wonder if they did something Fedor didn't like or other people talked him out of it or something?

If I could be Fedor's manager, I would have tried to workout a fight for Fedor against Bigfoot in Rizin on NYE. If Fedor won, he would have other legends to fight like Cro Cop or Wand or other guys his age like Carwin. Bigfoot and Carwin are more interesting to me than Mitrione, but Kongo, Rampage, King Mo, Kharitonov are interesting fights for him in Bellator. Guess we will see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:01 pm

Hamilcar wrote:That's what I figured.  Unless it's going to be some free  for all event against Fedor, you can't believe all these rumors about his opponents.  Too many of them.

I do think he is probably going with Bellator, though EFN seemed like they might be in the running as well. At least it sounded like he would release something soon. I kind of wish he was fighting on NYE instead of waiting until next year, unless it's very early in the year. He isn't getting any younger.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum