Coach: Fedor will begin training camp for Mitrione fight in January & Remain in Russia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coach: Fedor will begin training camp for Mitrione fight in January & Remain in Russia

Post by Kinosis on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:14 am

As the president of the Russian MMA Union, Fedor Emelianenko maintains a tight schedule of public appearances and professional duties across Russia. Therefore, the legendary heavyweight will have less than two months to properly prepare for his upcoming match-up against Matt Mitrione in Bellator.

According to Emelianenko’s coach, Vladimir Voronov, the ‘Last Emperor’ will not begin his actual training camp until January. He will also remain in Russia despite having previously visited The Netherlands with his team to prepare for his MMA return in RIZIN.

"Now Fedor keeps fit through regular exercise, - Voronov told R-Sport. “A major part of the training will start immediately after the New Year, in early January. The training camp will take place only in Russia, Stary Oskol and Moscow. Decision on the venue for the first training camp has not been made. "

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/6/13854034/coach-fedor-emelianenko-will-begin-training-camp-for-mitrione-fight-in-january-mma-news

Back to top Go down

Re: Coach: Fedor will begin training camp for Mitrione fight in January & Remain in Russia

Post by Kinosis on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:16 am

Terrible move in my opinion. I guess I can expect winging wild hooks Fedor again. Even if he wins this fight it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his future. Well, I hope he at least brings in his brother and Minakov, that would make me feel better about this.

Back to top Go down

Re: Coach: Fedor will begin training camp for Mitrione fight in January & Remain in Russia

Post by CDF47 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:12 pm

It's a bit concerning but if he does bring in Minakov to train with then that would be good.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by m1challengefan on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 pm

I was never really a fan of Fedor training in Holland as a striker when I believe
his strengths lie in his sambo and judo and also Fedor's original striking techniques like the cork screw punch which he used quite frequently in his Pride match to overwhelm opponents to set up throws and td's was based on the opposite school of thought than boxing which teaches jabs and straights,crosses etc,but Fedor in his own words said in his training manual book that he doesn't agree with the conventional thinking with boxing and instead realized that corkscrewing your fist just before the moment of impact increases the speed and impact also insuring that when you connect that you connect with the two biggest knuckles rather than the smaller weaker ones.

However with all that said above in this particular fight I think training in Holland would be the smartest move to make because lets be real if Fedor
gets hit by 260lbs Mitrione he will not be able to survive the way he did against Fabio and the same can be said for Mitrione to if he gets caught clean by Fedor,so what training in Holland offers is sharpness and precision and it showed the times Fedor fought when he trained over there,Fedor cannot afford to make a technical mistake in the striking,this is the one fight where I totally agree that the sharpening of the striking skills that Fedor would receive
by training with pro kickboxer's along with the fact that I think Fedor also has
a speed advantage in this fight would spell victory.

Honestly though I don't think training with Minakov and his guys in Russia is
gonna be enough to pull this one out but I hope I'm wrong.
m1challengefan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:42 pm

^I'm not even sure he is training with Minakov or his brother for this fight. I'm just hoping he does since he is staying in Russia. But I agree with Holland improving his sharpness which is great against Mitrione. Taking Mitrione down could work well also, maybe Fedor will at least mix in takedowns this time. We'll see I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:41 pm

Kinosis wrote:^I'm not even sure he is training with Minakov or his brother for this fight.  I'm just hoping he does since he is staying in Russia.  But I agree with Holland improving his sharpness which is great against Mitrione.  Taking Mitrione down could work well also, maybe Fedor will at least mix in takedowns this time.  We'll see I guess.

I agree if fedor mixes his striking with his grappling like he used to then he has a great chance of beating any heavy weight
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinosis on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:29 pm

^100%.  He used a takedown against Jaideep and seemed to have a more serious training camp for him than he did against Maldonado.  I'm hoping Fedor just took Maldonado lightly.  

It seems like a lot of MMA fighters tend to become more 1 dimensional as they age for some reason.  Chuck, Wand, Hendo, Fedor, Machida, etc all abandoned their ground games for the most part and only focused on striking towards the last parts of their careers.  I think it's because they were KOing people so they just started going for the KO more often, but abandoned the things that set people up for the KO's.  When they mix in takedowns it makes their opponent have to watch for more varied attacks, which left them more open to being KO'd.

lol, I even did this myself when playing the Fight Night video games (boxing game).  I used to bob and weave and counter off my opponent's missed shot to get a KO.  But eventually I found myself just walking into a guy throwing shots trying to KO him, which left me more likely to get dropped and made me gas out more because I missed more punches and wasted energy.  That mattered even more as my fighter in the game aged and his stats got harder to maintain.  When I started fighting smart again I was still koing guys, but with my older fighter I might get them in the 3rd or 4th round, instead of the 1st or 2nd like when my guy was younger.  A lot of it was just wanting cool KO's, and that was just a video game, so I could see how so many fighters fall into that trap as well in real life.  I just don't see why they don't correct it when they lose or almost lose fighting stupid.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum