Heavyweights Tony Johnson and Bobby Brents released by Bellator

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heavyweights Tony Johnson and Bobby Brents released by Bellator

Post by Kingfedor on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Bellator has parted ways with heavyweights Tony Johnson and Bobby Brents as the promotion has released both fights from their contracts.

Johnson (10-3) is coming off a majority decision lost against Cheick Kongo at Bellator 161 in September and the defeat snapped a three fight winning streak. Brents (17-6, 1NC) was signed by Bellator earlier this year after winning the Shamrock FC heavyweight title and lost his promotional debut in October against Chase Gormley.

Back to top Go down

Re: Heavyweights Tony Johnson and Bobby Brents released by Bellator

Post by CDF47 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:54 pm

I don't understand the Johnson cut. He is an upper tier HW outside UFC. Guess he wanted more than they thought he was worth to the org. but it is a bit of a hit to their HW division.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:18 am

bellator is dying

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Obviously fedors outrageous pay is effecting the division already lol.

I really like johnson but he was supposed to beat kongo,i realize he was going through a tough time dealing with a death in his family but he is not a fun HW to watch.

He is or was the jared roshalt of bellator.Rizin could use him definitely.

Bobby brents earned his Bellator contract but didn't produce once he got to the big show.Honestly both guys could be back with some impressive wins.

I think coker is revamping the entire division as he hinted at this 2017 being the year of the HW.....i have faith in cokers vision.

Everytime we've seen mid to top tier guys let go we see big names signed and great prospects.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:42 pm

Any links to this news ???

I just did a search with nothing popping up and both guys are still listed on bellators site and Wikipedia.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingfedor on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:49 pm

fka wrote:Any links to this news ???

I just did a search with nothing popping up and both guys are still listed on bellators site and Wikipedia.

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:23 pm

fka wrote:Obviously fedors outrageous pay is effecting the division already lol.

I really like johnson but he was supposed to beat kongo,i realize he was going through a tough time dealing with a death in his family but he is not a fun HW to watch.

Bobby brents earned his Bellator contract but didn't produce once he got to the big show.Honestly both guys could be back with some impressive wins.

I think coker is revamping the entire division as he hinted at this 2017 being the year of the HW.....i have faith in cokers vision.

Everytime we've seen mid to top tier guys let go we see big names signed and great prospects.

Rizin should sign him for their next show

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:53 am

I like Coker but this is ridiculous. He's like George Steinbrenner was to his Yankee managers in that he constantly fires them. I don't get why there's so many cuts after one loss. Can't he wait for them to go on a losing streak? It just feels like a one strike policy.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:08 am

fka wrote:Obviously fedors outrageous pay is effecting the division already lol.

fedor + coker = Good bye Bellator

we all know coker blew shit ton of money pairing with m-1. Bellator is as good as dead now

R.I.P

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:05 am

He should go to WSOF. If Rosholt wins his next fight he can get a shot at the strap. Johnson should fight Shawn Jordan is a title eliminator.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by m1challengefan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Rizin should replace Herring with Johnson it would save the GP because the way
its looking now is that its full of past it fighters.
m1challengefan

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Yeah it is a bunch of nostalgia lol

Some good fighters but...

U got TK,CROCOP,HEATH, lol

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the North on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:47 am

You hate on Rizin for having TK, Cro Cop and Heath fight on Rizin yet your a Bellator fan who's most famous fight to date is Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000. I mean seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:11 pm

That entire event did millions of viewers from start to finish,and the main garbage fight was dada vs kimbo yes that i hated lol.

Rizin has a giant female vs a 50yr old grandma LMFAO(worse then dada vs kimbo)

Then you got a GP full of Pride fighters who all are over the prime.

Rizins biggest fight so far was fedor vs a very underwhelming jaideep singh....(bellator giving fedor a real fight in his first fight)

Kimbo vs dada was a shit fight but can you say oh that fight was lopsided like u can with every gabi garcia fight?No......kimbo was old and dada was undertrained lol it was an even match between bums lol.

Gabi a world class grappler the size of a hw has fought completely inexperienced fighters her same size,or experienced fighters who are 4-5 weight classes beneath her.Her upcoming fight with a tiny fucking old lady is an ABSOLUTE TRAVESTY and shouldn't even happen.

Oh that reminds me.....rizins infatuation with murdering their old stars by feeding them to much younger fighters......aoki vs sakuraba,fujita vs prozaska,i know theres another one i'm forgetting but point is rizin has done more garbage fights then bellator.

You support all that fucking detrimental BS??? Like seriously?

And yeah the gp hs turned into a nostalgia autograph signing rather then a high level grand prix.I love watching these lod names but lets not pretend this gp is anything but a battle of the toughest grandpa now lol.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the North on Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:38 pm

I find it amusing you think Matt Mitrione is a legit heavyweight. Also let me remind you Rizin is one year old, and I find looking over this forum there is a lot more interest in Rizin then a UFC wannabe in Bellator.

That fight may have reached millions but it got such negative press from not only Dada 5000 and Kimbo but Gracie and Shamrock, which is odd because you don't like watching grandpa's fight yet you have these two oldies in the biggest event in their history.

And yes you can knit pick Gabi Garcia, she is as big as joke as Bellator.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:33 pm

I absolutely hate grandpas fighting but if they're going to fight at least be against one another not sending them to the wolves like sakuraba and fujita got.

I love alot about the Rizin but they are doing some of the things bellator got crucified for and is actually being praised for it.

Bellator helped build rizin lol and is helping save some credability in this gp by lending king mo.

I love both promotions for different reasons and both have flaws so you can nitpick but i dont see you addressing any of the issues i brought up in the other post or admitting they have made mistakes which they have(not just gabi garcia)

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:40 pm

Oh and yeah matt mitrione is NO QUESTION the best hw fedor has fought since his return and since his fight with dan henderson years ago.Id go as far as to say hes worth a mention as another solid hw win of his career.

Mittrione was a top 15 Ufc ranked fighter (12or11)amongst numerous websites and newssites.A win over meathead would make a huge statement saying he could hang with the better hws still.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the North on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:02 pm

The only thing Fedor will gain through fighting Mitrione is a paycheck. I don't see how a win makes a huge statement since his legacy has already been cemented so a fight in 2017 in Bellator really doesn't do anything for me nor add to his legacy. It's like when Michael Jordan played for the Wizards.

Matt Mitrione may have been a top 15 UFC heavyweight but let's be honest that doesn't really mean anything. He beat a lot of nobodies, he was never a serious contender and should honestly not even be facing Fedor.

If you think Fedor needs to make a statement that he can hang with the "better" heavyweights of today I think he would make a greater statement by winning the Rizin Grand Prix.

And I really doubt you can say Bellator helped build Rizin as King Mo doesn't have a huge name in Japan, maybe by lending over Wanderlei Silva you could argue helped but we both know he was suspended in the states and wouldn't have fought during this time period. If King Mo however does indeed go on to win this grand prix for a second straight year then it will defiantly help Bellators brand like it did last year but I think it will be tougher this year around the competition has certainly stepped up.

Remember Bellator has only sent Wanderlei Silva (tag match), Hisaki Kato and King Mo to Rizin during 2016 and Rizin has seen an increase in attendance and you would be delusional to think its only because of them. So in conclusion Rizin would be just fine without Bellators involvement.
King of the North

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:38 pm

You had me up until it would make a bigger statement winning the Rizin gp then a win over a world ranked opponent.....hahahaha

Like i love the openweight thing it is really fun but this is not a representation of the best in the world.You got moldavsky and aliakbari that are excellent prospects but then you got the rest is a renaissance tour of fighters.....why nit sign up ken shamrock and tank Abbott?No offense but winning this tournament vs a win over a ranked true hw opponent is absolutely lsughable man.

Mittrione was always a midtier guy but he made a solid run and was about to get a big push before he got his eyes gouged by travis browne in a fight he was winning.point being meathead is indeed the highest ranked and most meaningful opponent in years.

Bellator did indeed help rizin ask sakakibara himself coker and bellator was hand picked to lend fighters and provide a US channel to show Rizins very first show on as well as the breakfast with fedor special.

In 2015 rizins only two shows Bellator sent king mo who in fact is a star in Japan from his time with Sengoku....winning the gp wasnt a huge deal(he was massively favored to win),as well as hideo tokoro,aj matthews,and brennan ward.They contributed a big part to rizin.

In 2016 they sent hideo tokoro×2,wanderlei silva,king mo,and hisaki kato×2

Thats 6 fights using Bellator fighters 7 if wandy was healthy and if mo wins his crocop fight then there will be another fight added to that total.Seems to me a bellator fighter has been on nearly every rizin card to date......Smile

Wandy yes was banned in the states but Bellator easily could have made him wait until healthy but they allowed him to sign a deal with rizin which allowed wandy to get paid and rizin to use his name to advertise this GP.

i love how you ignore the poor geezers getting destroyed by young lions.....and how this gp features mostly guys who are over the hill but its ok and actually a great idea because its in a ring in japan.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the North on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:02 am

Tokoro hasn't fought in Bellator in almost 22 months so I wouldn't label him a Bellator fighter and Wanderlei has yet to fight for Bellator and again it only seemed fitting for him to enter the tournament because he couldn't fight in 2016 in the USA so really its not like he was 100% Bellator property he had an open contract which allowed to fight else where.

And I think you need to look up the definition of star, King Mo was not a star Sengoku. He had one fight in the main event against Ryo Kawamura I mean really you think hes a star? Wand, Fedor, Cro Cop, Sakuraba those guys are stars King Mo in Sengoku was nowhere near a star.

And remember TK and Heath Herring are both late minute replacements so you can't really bitch too much. They did the best they could, maybe not the greatest but really they've lost Jiri, Wand, Shane Carwin to injuries which I think with those 3 add really good depth to the tournament.

And the fact that you think beating Matt Mitrione in one night over potentially beating the likes of King Mo among 2 other fighters in the span of 2 days is laughable? Mitrione is not even close to being a top 10 heavyweight you are delusional my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:32 am

Still dont address them abusing old stars eh?

Look it up tokoro is still under bellator contract bud....he was indeed sent.

King mo is a late replacement and woukd be a good fight but king mo is a bloated lhw.No matter what you say it doesn't dispute the FACT meathead was a top 15 on the brink of top 10 when he was released by ufc who was outbid for him.

Rizin gp started as mid tier but with all the geezer replacements its no longer that Great its good just not elite.Meathead outranks any of fedirs opponents back to brett rogers lol.....thats actual fact.

Like everyone on the internet im super excited to see fedor fighting an actual hw that was and or is a ranked hw in the world.Of course his legacy is cemented but FEDORS OWN WORDS has repeatedly sad since unretiring he wants to fight the best opponents and finally he gets one thank god.

Instead of fighting baruto or tk,or hearg herring,or a lhw king mo hes fighting a lm

Fedor himself knows how dangerous he is as does the rest of the general population of the earth lol.Meatheads entire pro career was spent at the higher levels of mma he is a karate black belt he has wins over jordan,gonzaga,and derrick Lewis who is shown to be a solid hw shooting up the ufc ranks.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the North on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:45 am

I don't feel I need to address Rizin "abusing" their old stars considering you seem to turn the other cheek when it comes to Fedor because he's an old star. And speaking of old stars what about Chael Sonnen and Tito Ortiz and their upcoming fight?

Seriously you can stop trying to convince me Mitrione is a legit HW, he's not ever going to be so give up while ya can.

And you call King Mo a blown up LHW yet earlier you praised Dan Henderson who's a blown up MW, I don't understand your logic it seems Bellator can't do no wrong.
King of the North

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Lmao i see trying the switcheroo lmao not gonna work bud.

Fedor wants and deserves to fight the best he already fought a can in rizin lmao he wants real competition......not at all the same as poor fujita or even worse sakuraba or even worse whats left to come in hw size gabi garcia fighting a grandma who is 3-4 weight classes bigger then her.good try.Smile  You have no defence for applauding old guys fighting in rizin but crucifying bellator even though Bellator is atleast pitting them against one another not letting them get destroyed by younger guys.....so you pitifully try the switcheroo lol Smile

Oh poor attempt with the chael and tito reference as it only falls into place of what i already said......if your gonna have older guys fight have them atleast fight each other.....or did you already forget???your right I'll stop bringing up facts as to why meathead is a top ranked hw your in the minority in this anyway.

King mo is a blown up lhw and hendo was a blown up lhw at the time he fought fedor.....now follow me here.....I merely stated that meathead is the highest ranked opponent fedor has faced since he fought dan henderson......which is absolutely true.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Post by King of the North on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:36 pm

What did you think of the old man Cro Cop beating up King Mo last night? Don't write off fighters because of their age, you should know better then that.

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:28 pm

I think its good crocops in japan where they dont test.Good fight good for him.

BELLATOR #1
fka

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum