Does a fighter that fight unified rules prep him or her for Rizin FF?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does a fighter that fight unified rules prep him or her for Rizin FF?

Post by CODELMJVG on Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Or does it go for both ways where the struggle like randy couture starting late to transitions to ring was too much of a curve for  him. Daron Cruickshank was able to transition so well even tho he fought all of his early career in cage and unified rules. prime example for guys that start way late like to adopt well to utilize their skills like Gegard Mousasi finally get his ball rolling. Or does it just come down to the fighter with within. Like why does fedor struggle

quick stat on fedor

Fedor unified record complete stat
20 wins - 3 losses include wins and losses the Bodog, Afliction, strikeforce, Dream,M1,Rings,EFN Fight Night and Yarennoka.
Fedor pride rules record that includes Rizin FF fight Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye fights
15 wins - 0 losses
destroying the myth of cage argument since the rules dictate most of the fight. Than the environment elements of cage and ring I'm still leaning strongly the rules are the main factor.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Re: Does a fighter that fight unified rules prep him or her for Rizin FF?

Post by westcott123 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:09 pm

THis would my summary of it all some are used to one particular rule set and either a need time to adjust or sometimes some don't adjust at all And then they're the ones that can easily fight under both .

Last edited by westcott123 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Fedor has very good record under unified rules though fedor fights best under pride rules though shouldn't be 15"0"1nc due to the head butt with noguiera ?
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:09 pm

I don't buy into the thought that wins and losses are dictated by the arena they are held in.Styles and rulesets dictate the fights which has been proven by ONE before getting rid of soccer kicks.....the pride rules in a cage resulted in a good amount of finishes.

If you did unified rules in a ring i bet pride woukd have had alot more decisions and bad ones at that.

Fedor lost the silva fight because he could not for the life of him get out from underneath bigfoots mount being in a smaller arena in a ring would not have helped that.

Fedor hit werdum and thought he was on the way out and dove straight into the deadliest guard in the game perhaps in the history of hw division.....ive heard the idea that being in a cge reduced the ability for fedor to counter but in all honesty he dove in and got caught in a tight submission....being in a ring wouldn't have helped.

Fedor got caught by hendo in an awkward position on the ground.....again being in a ring wouldn't have helped.

If your an elite fighter you fight at an elite level period,guys like mousasi seemingly just getting into their groove has more to do with his own mental game rather then the arena he's in.

Fighters who start in ring will be more used to rules like someone starting in a cage would be more used to a cage but simply training in a cage or ring sufficiently can prepare a fighter.Not once have you heard fedor or many if any fighters blaming the arena for their losses so we the fans shouldn't make up excuses.

Anderson silva not only transitioned to the cage but thrived in it ,so did big nog and the vast majority of Pride guys who went to ufc.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Thanks for the reply fka.
Very true one champ, proven that rules with knees soccer kicks upkicks. Can work no matter the outside element in the fight. Just be happy we have joint collaboration with leagues working together. Providing at least even playing field in rizin. With fighter sharing of MMA with honest true legit best of the best.
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:07 pm

I agree that elite fighters should be able to fight well regardless of the rules or platform.

CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum