Glenn Beck offers 50K to make fight between Deadspin editor, veteran Tim Kennedy happen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glenn Beck offers 50K to make fight between Deadspin editor, veteran Tim Kennedy happen

Post by Hamilcar on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Glenn Beck Offers 50K to Make Fight Between Deadspin Editor and tim Kennedy Happen

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times
Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Deadspin editor who said “not one” of Sen. Ted Cruz’s supporters would fight him now has a U.S. Army veteran who is willing and able — along with $50,000 on the table from The Blaze’s Glenn Beck.

U.S. Army Green Beret veteran Tim Kennedy made waves on social media Wednesday night when he accepted a challenge by Deadspin sports editor Tim Marchman to enter the UFC octagon.

Mr. Marchman’s invitation came after reader feedback — and a joke by Mr. Cruz — to writer Ashley Feinberg’s piece “Send Us Proof Of Ted Cruz Playing Basketball.”

Mr. Cruz tweeted “What do I win?” with a picture of Duke University guard Grayson Allen attached.

“Amazing that low-testosterone Ted Cruz enthusiasts are comfortable haranguing @ashleyfeinberg but not me, Deadspin’s actual editor!” Mr. Marchman wrote Tuesday. “Ted Cruz is a pathetic a******, his social media intern’s joke was basic, and complaints should go to marchman at deadspin dot com. Unsurprising that not one Ted Cruz-supporting c***/Twitter user is willing to face me in the UFC octagon.”

“I’m your huckleberry. I also take note that you are a pathetic cyber bully. My email is tim@rangerup.com I’m available at your leisure,” Mr. Kennedy, who recently retired from MMA competition, replied.

Glenn Beckentered the fray on Thursday after the tweet was liked over 17,000 times.

“We’re offering a guaranteed $50,000 with TheBlaze cameras will be there or the Glenn Beck Mercury cameras will be there if TheBlaze doesn’t want to do it, but I’m sure they will,” the radio host said. “We’ll cover it. It will make it an event, we’ll make it pay per view. Every dime will go right to the charity, so who knows how much you could make? So I want everybody to tweet to Deadspin today and Tim Marchman.”

Mr. Kennedy told the host during an interview that he would be willing to match the $50,000 charity offer.

“Let [Mr. Marchman] know that his charity could be very, very wealthy if he just wants to complete what he started with his mouth, if he’d just like to cash the check that his mouth just wrote,” Mr. Beck said.

Mr. Marchman’s Twitter account has been inactive since Tuesday.

I’m your huckleberry. I also take note that you are a pathetic cyber bully. My email is tim@rangerup.com I’m available at your leisure. https://t.co/6AS3qAllXV
   — Tim Kennedy (@TimKennedyMMA) January 25, 2017
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenn Beck offers 50K to make fight between Deadspin editor, veteran Tim Kennedy happen

Post by Kinosis on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:51 pm

lol, that's pretty awesome.  Everyone running their mouth online and threatening to beat people up and all of that nonsense should be called out.  They think they can get away with it online but if you are going to thrown down a challenge, be man enough to go through with it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenn Beck offers 50K to make fight between Deadspin editor, veteran Tim Kennedy happen

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 am

This reminds of like 10 years ago when Phil Elmore and Ashida Kim were allegedly going to fight. Needless to say they found a million ways to back out.

Internet tough guys.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:27 pm

InfinityLens wrote:This reminds of like 10 years ago when Phil Elmore and Ashida Kim were allegedly going to fight. Needless to say they found a million ways to back out.

Internet tough guys.

Did it take you a month to be reminded of this?
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Lol, just catching up on old posts here, haven't seen the most recent Bellator so don't want to see any spoilers there.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamilcar on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:44 pm

InfinityLens wrote:Lol, just catching up on old posts here, haven't seen the most recent Bellator so don't want to see any spoilers there.

Well, since you brought it up anyway: Kennedy has been really trying to make this fight happen. He's been offering to fight with his hands literally tyed behind his back, or fight while wearing a sumo suit, all kinds of things. I believe he wants the fight money to go to like a charity or something too, but this deadspin guy keeps backing out.
Hamilcar

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Hamilcar wrote:
InfinityLens wrote:Lol, just catching up on old posts here, haven't seen the most recent Bellator so don't want to see any spoilers there.

Well, since you brought it up anyway: Kennedy has been really trying to make this fight happen.  He's been offering to fight with his hands literally tyed behind his back, or fight while wearing a sumo suit, all kinds of things.  I believe he wants the fight money to go to like a charity or something too, but this deadspin guy keeps backing out.

I think Kennedy would crush him in seconds even with his hands tied behind his back. Head kick KO or flying knee to put him out.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum