What I would like to see for the Bellator HW division

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What I would like to see for the Bellator HW division

Post by Kinosis on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Bellator has signed some name HWs and have guys that will bring in viewers, but so far they have not used them very well. They haven't been making the match ups people would tune in for. Scott Coker has stated before he wanted to solve the HW title problem this summer so he needs to do that. Here is what I would do if I was in Coker's position:

Use Fedor. Fedor draws in viewers but he is turning 41 in a few months and has said he has 2-3 fights left (signed for 2, but has an option for a 3rd). Fedor also said he wants to end his career in Bellator. After the Mitrione situation this past weekend they need to move on and give Fedor a title fight in May. The guy is a legend, THE legend in MMA. Him fighting for the title would bring in eyes and boost their HW division. If he wins, Fedor is champ and people love it. If he loses, someone gets a big name win and becomes champ by beating the GOAT. If Fedor wins, he can fight 1 or 2 more times defending his title and retire. If he loses he still has fights like a rematch with Bigfoot.

Lashley might make the most sense for the title fight because he can't fight all the time do to pro-wrestling (so he wouldn't be good for a tournament) and he would bring in eyes against Fedor.

Minakov is currently talking with Bellator, use him and the remaining HWs in a multi-event HW tournament to find a champ after Fedor retires (or whomever has the title). Put the first round on the same card as Fedor's title fight so people will be tuning in to see the next wave of HWs. Do fights like:

Minakov vs Javy Ayala (good step up for Minakov against the guy who KO'd Khairtonov)
Kharitonov vs Kongo (gives Khaitonov a shot at a name and redemption after his last fight)
Mitrione vs Ishii or Rampage (Mitrione wouldn't let Ishii be boring, or Rampage is better if they get him for more fights)
King Mo vs Oli Thompson (Rizin HW tournament winner vs a tough guy, battle of the smaller HWs)

Back to top Go down

Re: What I would like to see for the Bellator HW division

Post by Kinosis on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:59 pm

I believe all or most of Fedor's guys signed with Bellator as well, so you could throw Kirill in the tournament instead of Oli.

Back to top Go down

Re: What I would like to see for the Bellator HW division

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:27 am

IMO have Kongo fight the winner of Rampage v Mo 2 and than have the winner of Mitrione v Fedor get the next shot.

If Rampage wins and doesn't want to fight just make Kongo v Javy Ayala for the belt and than Fedor v Mitrione winner for next shot.

Note: This does not take into account the possibility of Minakov coming back.
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum