Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:44 pm


Bellator 183
September 23, 2017
SAP Center     
San Jose, California,
USA

Main Card:
Benson Henderson (24-7)  vs.      (17-8) Patricky Freire 
Main Event | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)
Roy Nelson (22-14)            vs.           (10-5) Javy Ayala   
Co-Main Event | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)
Lorenz Larkin (18-6)           vs.          (39-15) Paul Daley   
Main Card | Welterweight | 170 lbs (77 kg)
Adam Piccolotti (9-0)           vs.     (21-3) Goiti Yamauchi   
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)
Aaron Pico (0-1)                   vs.                                  TBA
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)

Headlining the Bellator 183 card will be a lightweight bout between former UFC champ Benson Henderson (24–7), and Patricky Freire. Henderson has struggled since joining Bellator, losing title fights at both welterweight (to Andrey Koreshkov) and lightweight (to Michael Chandler). His lone Bellator MMA win came against Patricky Pitbull’s brother Patricio. He’ll now try and make it 2-0 against the Brazilian brothers.

For his part, Patricky Pitbull (17–8) was last seen scoring a knockout over Josh Thompson at Bellator 172 earlier this year.

Additionally, recent signee Roy Nelson will be making his promotional debut in the co-main event against fellow heavyweight Javy Ayala, Nelson (22–14) is 2-2 in his past four, and finished out his UFC contract with a loss to Alexander Volkov in April. His opponent, Ayala last competed in November where he stopped Sergei Kharitonov, improving his fighting record to 10-5.


Last edited by Kingfedor on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

_________________
avatar
Kingfedor
Admin

Location : Quebec
Posts : 2871
Join date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:01 am

Even if Benson wins I would like to see fight at least another contender fight before challenging for the belt . Or when Rizin does a light weight grand Prix Benson one of the guys I would love to see enter and if he won that would give him momentum.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1306
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kinosis on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Good card so far. I just wish they would start building toward something with their HW title picture. What happened to the tournament or title fight this summer Coker had been talking about for forever now?

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Kinosis wrote:Good card so far.  I just wish they would start building toward something with their HW title picture.  What happened to the tournament or title fight this summer Coker had been talking about for forever now?

I can't believe it has happened yet. Maybe they think they can get Minakov back and return his belt to him.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11350
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kinosis on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:59 pm

CDF47 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:Good card so far.  I just wish they would start building toward something with their HW title picture.  What happened to the tournament or title fight this summer Coker had been talking about for forever now?

I can't believe it has happened yet.  Maybe they think they can get Minakov back and return his belt to him.  

I'd be fine with that since he never lost it. He is a great HW and has a lot of competition now. They just need to do something. An exciting HW division can really get people interested in MMA.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Kinosis wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:Good card so far.  I just wish they would start building toward something with their HW title picture.  What happened to the tournament or title fight this summer Coker had been talking about for forever now?

I can't believe it has happened yet.  Maybe they think they can get Minakov back and return his belt to him.  

I'd be fine with that since he never lost it.  He is a great HW and has a lot of competition now.  They just need to do something.  An exciting HW division can really get people interested in MMA.

I hope it is soon the last time the heavyweight belt was on the line was April 2014
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1306
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:56 am

westcott123 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:Good card so far.  I just wish they would start building toward something with their HW title picture.  What happened to the tournament or title fight this summer Coker had been talking about for forever now?

I can't believe it has happened yet.  Maybe they think they can get Minakov back and return his belt to him.  

I'd be fine with that since he never lost it.  He is a great HW and has a lot of competition now.  They just need to do something.  An exciting HW division can really get people interested in MMA.

I hope it is soon the last time the heavyweight belt was on the line was April 2014  

Over 3 years is a long time to have no champ.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11350
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC Today at 9:24 am

Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin is added on this fight card.

Bellator is really stepping up.
avatar
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Moderator

Location : Croatia
Posts : 1148
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull - September 23 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 Today at 4:01 pm

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin is added on this fight card.

Bellator is really stepping up.

Great fight. I'd like to see Daley take this one but it's going to be tough.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11350
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum