Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Dagwood on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:18 am

Saw the is on Shitcrap's Worldwide MMA forum while I was looking for news.

It seems Vinny is changing his tune a bit about M-1. I'm not sure if there is anything else behind this due to his recent revelation of his contract status. He actually has some nice things to say about how M-1 does business. The zombies have their fingers in their ears though.




Vinny Magalhaes wrote: 04-27-2012, 08:24 PM

Smigg wrote:
It's all about convienience of the argument.

When things like Vinny getting paid $5k for a title defence on Showtime and now this come out, then it's 'What do you expect, they're a growing promotion, these are up and comers'

Then, when they draw 22,000 people for a Fedor fight, then it's 'UFC are scared, M-1 are huge in Europe, UFC could only dream of drawing that many people in Europe, it's only a matter of time, more fighters are going to come to M-1 to fight Fedor, they have billionaires backing them, they make the Ferittas look poor'

I don't have any problem with the company. Definitely not the highest money I've made in a fight, but I signed the contract, and knew what I was getting into.

The reported money for my fight was $5500, but M-1 also paid me an extra $5000 for defending the title and $1000 for KO bonus. Definitely nothing big compared to what the other promotions are paying, but there are guys in the big leagues still getting paid 5k+5K , so for me to be making 11.5k I don't think I should be really complaining.

I also made 11k in my second to last fight $5000 purse $5000 for winning the title and $1000 Sub Bonus.

My relationship with M-1 went as expected, I got paid right away, as soon as I would walk back into the locker room. At the beginning they kept me busy as they promised, and I also got to fight on Showtime a couple times (even though, Evgeni Kogan had promised us that he would have me fighting on at least 3 out of the 4 Showtime events).

My only problem came when Evgeni acted unprofessionally, so basically, I have no issue with M-1, my issue is with him. As he did something against me personally, and as keeps on doing it.

I heard Monson got paid really well (above 50k) to fight Fedor and Over 60k in his second fight for M-1. So It's totally up to M-1 on how they distribute their money on fighters.


http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/m-1-fighters-making-mad-cash-2078075/index3.html



_________________
avatar
Dagwood
Admin

Location : Canada
Age : 51
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-11-14

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by CDF47 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:34 am

I like how Vinny is coming out and clarifying some of these things. I am not happy that he is not defending his M-1 title and sticking with M-1 but at least he is explaining what is going on and in this post basically stating his beaf is with just one person really.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11454
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by monaroCountry on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:42 am

He's probably finding it hard getting another contract with another promotion, and trying to worm his way back.

monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by KSW on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:32 am

avatar
KSW

Location : Sweden
Posts : 9370
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Dagwood on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:58 am

^ "I heard you were hoping to see Grishin destroying me for the title". Laughing

_________________
avatar
Dagwood
Admin

Location : Canada
Age : 51
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-11-14

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by monaroCountry on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:59 am

Dagwood wrote:^ "I heard you were hoping to see Grishin destroying me for the title". Laughing
should have responded with "I heard otherwise, I heard you (Vinny) is ducking Grishin".

monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Wolfman on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:46 am

"I heard you were hoping to see Grishin destroying me for the title".

Damn, Johan is famous now, everyone knows his opinions. Laughing

Anyway, i was mad at him and talked a lot of trash about vinny, i know, but he did good speaking the truth now to calm those haters. Really good Vinny.

_________________
avatar
Wolfman

Location : Brazil
Posts : 1779
Join date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Michał on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 am

MONSON only got paid 50k? That is an outrage! Although Fedor prob got paid like 2 mill, Monson got paid UFC type pay right there.

_________________
avatar
Michał

Location : Poland
Age : 20
Posts : 299
Join date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:23 pm

monaroCountry wrote:He's probably finding it hard getting another contract with another promotion, and trying to worm his way back.


You have not done you research... As soon as I became free agent, I had UFC, Bellator, OneFC, and few other companies contacting my manager. We chose to not even hear any offers until my right-to-match period is over. That way, There's no "offers" for M-1 to match, therefore, I can just walk away from M-1 once the matching period is over.
There's no secret on how much Bellator pays, since they do the tournament format, everybody gets paid the same while competing in the tournament, and I highly doubt that M-1 would be able to match that deal alone, but since I found out that Monson got paid "UFC Money" to fight his last 2 fights in M-1, I wouldn't wanna risk even hearing any offer, since Evgeni "threatened us to match any offer we get just to prove a point"...

Once again, back then, I had no problem on fighting for M-1, I wouldn't have minded take another fight or 2 under their banner.
Actually the problem overall was never with fighting for M-1, the problem was made personal, and started by Evgeni. The biggest issue is that he runs the promotion, so I can't trust fighting for a company that's ran by that type of person.


VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by ZuffaKiller on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:29 pm

^^^ no one believes you
your a primadonna crying about what kogan did(he was definitely wrong I agree) at least you got a apology from the man. do you think you would have gotten a apology if it were BozoNeedles. Also your SHADY aswell training a man who has insulted your country and the people multiple time to prepare him against your fellow country man.

ZuffaKiller

Posts : 4178
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Kinosis on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Well the whole situation is unfortunate. I wish all of the fighters and orgs would work together. Especially non zuffa orgs. If they would all get a long and cross promote (which many of them do) things would be much better. Ultimately the fighters have the power though, they just don't seem to know it. It appears they usually just want to sign their rights away to zuffa.

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1903
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Kinosis on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Wolfman wrote:
"I heard you were hoping to see Grishin destroying me for the title".

Damn, Johan is famous now, everyone knows his opinions. Laughing

Anyway, i was mad at him and talked a lot of trash about vinny, i know, but he did good speaking the truth now to calm those haters. Really good Vinny.


Johan = Legend

_________________
Evolution vs God: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ
avatar
Kinosis
Moderator

Location : Richmond, ky
Age : 37
Posts : 1903
Join date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Dagwood on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:41 pm

ZuffaKiller wrote:^^^ no one believes you
your a primadonna crying about what kogan did(he was definitely wrong I agree) at least you got a apology from the man. do you think you would have gotten a apology if it were BozoNeedles. Also your SHADY aswell training a man who has insulted your country and the people multiple time to prepare him against your fellow country man.


Hey Zuffakiller... Come on. Please show respect to Vinny here. He is welcome here. I do not want what happened over at TeamTakeover to Vinny to happen here. I was ashamed of some things that were said over there to Vinny. No wonder he never went back.

Any fighter or MMA industry people are more than welcome here. If you don't agree with Vinny just tell him so respectfully.

I'm not trying to scold you in front of Vinny. I just want both of you to know that GMMA will be a much more civil respectful place than TT was. A whole lot more.


Dagwood
Admin

_________________
avatar
Dagwood
Admin

Location : Canada
Age : 51
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-11-14

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm

ZuffaKiller wrote:^^^ no one believes you
your a primadonna crying about what kogan did(he was definitely wrong I agree) at least you got a apology from the man. do you think you would have gotten a apology if it were BozoNeedles. Also your SHADY aswell training a man who has insulted your country and the people multiple time to prepare him against your fellow country man.

Did I get an apology? I can't remember that... When ? Show me. I remember other things, like him saying that he would let me sit out the rest of my contract, or him saying that he would match whatever offer I got just to prove a point.
I was teammates with Chael for 2 years, and tell me where he insulted my country. I only heard of him making little jokes to sell a fight.
You know what's shady? It's a promoter suing a fighter claiming that the said fighter is under contract with his promotion, but "never show a contract" to prove what he's claiming...
What that shady guy is getting from lying? Getting his company sued by millions of dollars for making Bellator look bad. Let's talk about being shady....

I'm getting paid, I have a family to feed, I'm not a bartender to work in a bar to make money, I'm a professional athlete, what I do to make money and feed my family is to teach and fight, if I can't fight I have to make money somehow with what I'm good at. Chael looked for me, it wasn't the other way around, plus, I'm not friends with Anderson, nor I was his teammate at any point of my career.

I don't know how Chael can't really bother people with stupid little jokes, at least if he was speaking the truth, if he was really trying to hurt people's feeling he could easily do it, since Brazil can in a lot of ways be a really fucked up place.

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by ZuffaKiller on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:00 pm

^^^^^^ yeah you must have a memory lost if you believe that and you claim chael have never insulted your country now I know your full of it because multiple fighters from your country have called out chael on his disrespect of brazil. Nice try trying to pull that Bs but it does not work.

Second can you prove that slava did not have a contract with M-1 because if not then your just like all the M-1 haters who believe the zuffa Bs and do nothing but speculate without any facts.

ZuffaKiller

Posts : 4178
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:05 pm

ZuffaKiller wrote:^^^^^^ yeah you must have a memory lost if you believe that and you claim chael have never insulted your country now I know your full of it because multiple fighters from your country have called out chael on his disrespect of brazil. Nice try trying to pull that Bs but it does not work.

Second can you prove that slava did not have a contract with M-1 because if not then your just like all the M-1 haters who believe the zuffa Bs and do nothing but speculate without any facts.

you mad?

You sound so hateful....

You know how I prove that Slava didn't have a contract? Oh never mind I can't... Evgeni proved he didn't, by never showing Bellator one... That's why they're getting sued, and that's why Slava fought 2x for bellator.

It's not about me proving it doesn't exist, it was always about being proved that the said contract existed, and that was never proved.

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by ZuffaKiller on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:08 pm

^^^^^
That does not work with me try again

lol that's your argument Im glad your not a lawyer because that was a weak.


ZuffaKiller

Posts : 4178
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:11 pm

ZuffaKiller wrote:^^^^^
That does not work with me try again

lol that's your argument Im glad your not a lawyer because that was a weak.


Like I said, I'm not in the position to "prove" anything. I'm not the one getting sued for lying about a non-existent contract.
As I don't have to prove YOU anything, because you're not the one paying my bills.

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by ZuffaKiller on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:15 pm

^^^^
I see you now your admitting that Slava lied and that's why he is getting sued.

You are correct you don't have to prove anything to me just like I don't have to RESPECT you as a man or a fighter.

Cool it!


Dagwood
Admin

ZuffaKiller

Posts : 4178
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:19 pm

ZuffaKiller wrote:^^^^
I see you now your admitting that Slava lied and that's why he is getting sued.

You are correct you don't have to prove anything to me just like I don't have to RESPECT you as a man or a fighter.

Exactly, Now go tell your friends how cool you are for trying to have an argument with me. Cool boy.

You're welcome! (i know i made your day).


ps: Bellator is suing m-1...

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Dagwood on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Topic is now Locked.


Dagwood
Admin

_________________
avatar
Dagwood
Admin

Location : Canada
Age : 51
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-11-14

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Dagwood on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I am unlocking this thread but watching it closely. No name calling or any disrespectful crap!

This stuff ain't gonna happen here. Especially to a professional MMA athlete. Until any of us have walked in their shoes (having to feed themselves & their family from spilling their blood) or accomplish what they have in this sport... you have NO right to be disrespectful to them here.

Questioning?... disagreeing?... cool! Arguing and bashing, not even close to cool!!!


Dagwood
Admin

_________________
avatar
Dagwood
Admin

Location : Canada
Age : 51
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-11-14

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by KSW on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:11 pm

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:

ps: Bellator is suing m-1...
Can you give us some more info about this, also is there any way for you and Kogan to make peace so you can continue with the promotion?
avatar
KSW

Location : Sweden
Posts : 9370
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by ZuffaKiller on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Exactly, Now go tell your friends how cool you are for trying to have an argument with me. Cool boy.

You're welcome! (i know i made your day).


ps: Bellator is suing m-1...

You had no arguments so I don't know what you speak of.

Belive what you will I have more important things to do then talk with you.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

ZuffaKiller

Posts : 4178
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Hollywood Dang on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Vinny see you blocked me on twitter (ArneMarsiano, the real G from ze hood)

gotta say one thing, sorry for the thing with Kogan, i should have kept it neutral because i wasn't involved and this is how i will keep it in the future.

Only thing i don't understand is the heat about Mizuno, i think he is one of the most unterrated LHWs

Well, whatever i look forward to see your next fights.
avatar
Hollywood Dang

Location : Germany
Posts : 411
Join date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum