Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by CDF47 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:57 pm

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:

You have not done you research... As soon as I became free agent, I had UFC, Bellator, OneFC, and few other companies contacting my manager.

Vinny, if not M-1, it would be sweet to see you in Bellator, ONE FC, or KSW (or DREAM if they ever get their shit together). I know you will go with the best offer which may end up being the UFC. I hope one of these other promotions come up with a solid offer. The UFC has enough solid 205 fighters and their are some sweet fights with these other promotions I would like to see you in. Below are just a few solid fights outside Zuffa I would like to see you in:

Gegard Mousasi (DREAM Champion)
“King Mo” (Free Agent)
Travis Wiuff (Bellator)
Jan Blachowicz (KSW Champion)
Christian M’Pumbu (Bellator Champion)
Yoshiyuki Nakanishi (DEEP Champion/ONE FC)
Renato Sobral (ONE FC)
Melvin Manhoef (ONE FC)

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey Vinny, i'm glad you're here to make things clear. Let's not lose our temper here guys.

I was teammates with Chael for 2 years, and tell me where he insulted my country. I only heard of him making little jokes to sell a fight.

Come on man, don't say that. He said things like we don't have internet like we were primitive people, mocked most of our fighters, even the ones that have nothing to do with him or a fight with Anderson.

The guy says here you bow and people bash you in the head and rob you, or that we call cocaine brunch, and even that our country doesn't matter. He even said jiu jitsu, the art that YOU master is for fags. He got to the point of talking trash about Anderson's wife and stuff like that.

EVEN if it's to promote a fight, it's stupid and very disrespectful. I know our country's not perfect, but that was too much. Try talking the same stuff about America of even Russia where you fought, see how it goes. You'd probably never see a contract again because of that. Well, what can you say about that? Stupid joke or not, imagine if the jokes were about you. Would you take it as "just a joke?"

One more thing, why you're selling your M-1 belt? I mean, it does not mean anything? I thought your problem was with Kogan. I don't like him too but i did not understand why you did that.

Anyway, i don't know if it is really you there. I hope it is, so we can clear this. I've been disappointed with you because of that stuff, but thanks for taking some time to talk here.

Back to top Go down

Post by KSW on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:46 pm

I contacted Kogan on twitter and I told him to bury the hatchet. Hopefully we´ll see Vinny vs Grishin in a sold out Olympic Stadium in Moscow.
KSW

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagwood on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hey Vinny, i'm glad you're here to make things clear. Let's not lose our temper here guys.

I was teammates with Chael for 2 years, and tell me where he insulted my country. I only heard of him making little jokes to sell a fight.

Anyway, i don't know if it is really you there. I hope it is, so we can clear this. I've been disappointed with you because of that stuff, but thanks for taking some time to talk here.

It is Vinny. Johan and I have been tweeting with him.

Vinny's a great fighter, an ADCC champion and M-1 LHW champion. He deserves a lot of respect for that when he is here. I'm going to ask again that nobody say anything... or take him to task for anything that they wouldn't say to his face. Any fighter coming here deserves that kind of respect.

http://www.global-mma.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by marchegiano on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Props for patience Vin-man. Any thought into Dream?

He was the hero of the Bowery, a prince of lawless times
Then was battered by the "Butcherman" in 1849
He knew the game of fisticuffs, he knew the game of fight
But no one knew the game would come and take his life that night
Fisticuffs by Primus
marchegiano

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:45 am

Vinny is a good guy. Relations between a fighter and a promoter are business relationships. If a party is dissatisfied they have the right to conduct their business accordingly.

No one here knows all of the details (though as a party to the issue Vinny knows a lot more than anyone else here). It is more complex than who is right or who is wrong, but from Vinny's perspective the goal is to do the best he can for himself, and that's something we should understand and respect (I don't want to say any more, and I am not trying to comment on Vinny's particular situation). That he would take the time to give his side of the story on our behalf is something we should appreciate.

Back to top Go down

Post by monaroCountry on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:42 am

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:

Did I get an apology? I can't remember that... When ? Show me. I remember other things, like him saying that he would let me sit out the rest of my contract, or him saying that he would match whatever offer I got just to prove a point.
He has all the rights in the world to prove a point, the same as you seem to have.

If M-1 matches the offer, are you obligated to go with M-1 or could you still go to another promotion?

Unfortunately these things happen though.

You know what's shady? It's a promoter suing a fighter claiming that the said fighter is under contract with his promotion, but "never show a contract" to prove what he's claiming...
What that shady guy is getting from lying? Getting his company sued by millions of dollars for making Bellator look bad. Let's talk about being shady....

You know how I prove that Slava didn't have a contract? Oh never mind I can't... Evgeni proved he didn't, by never showing Bellator one... That's why they're getting sued, and that's why Slava fought 2x for bellator.

It's not about me proving it doesn't exist, it was always about being proved that the said contract existed, and that was never proved.

If you are talking about Slava - Bellator - M-1 fiasco. Well, who says that M-1 has to produce all the documents, shouldnt a fighter also get a copy of said document? Its the fighter and his manager who should ensure that everything is in order.

In any case, M-1 obviously had the right and was proven in a court of law. The court are very good at reading contracts and all the legal jargon (its their job afterall, the same as you being an expert when it comes to MMA since its your day job).

The contract obviously existed, Slava and his manager/Bellator might have a different interpretation, but as in all cases if the court and judges puts down their decision then that decision should be respected.

I'm getting paid, I have a family to feed, I'm not a bartender to work in a bar to make money, I'm a professional athlete, what I do to make money and feed my family is to teach and fight, if I can't fight I have to make money somehow with what I'm good at. Chael looked for me, it wasn't the other way around, plus, I'm not friends with Anderson, nor I was his teammate at any point of my career.
I guess just so long as Chael can also help you become a better fighter. Afterall a fighter should look after himself first and earn as much money. Being a fighter is a tough gig and careers arent very long, so if you think working with Chael is good for you then you definately should do it.

monaroCountry

Back to top Go down

Post by monaroCountry on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:46 am

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:

Once again, back then, I had no problem on fighting for M-1, I wouldn't have minded take another fight or 2 under their banner.
Actually the problem overall was never with fighting for M-1, the problem was made personal, and started by Evgeni. The biggest issue is that he runs the promotion, so I can't trust fighting for a company that's ran by that type of person.

You didnt seem to make this clear initially and wont even accept (it seems like) Kogan's apologies.

Im pretty sure Kogan isnt a part owner of M-1. Wouldnt it have been better if you approached Vadim, Sergei, Fedor and those guys? guys who are actually the owners of M-1?

monaroCountry

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:59 am

Vinny is waiting out his contract, apparently.

There is a term on the contract matching clause, and Vinny is waiting it out.

Randy Couture was unable to do so with his Zuffa contract (though he tried), and we don't yet know if Vinny will be able to, but I hope it works out as he plans (for his sake alone).

I also hope Vinny doesn't accept a Zuffa contract, unless Zuffa puts enough money on the table to make it worth his while. But, this isn't an ethical company (Zuffa), and we have seen many fighters getting screwed. M-1 is perhaps unethical too. Let me give you guys a rule of thumb; promoters are fucking scum.

I still think Vinny should really think carefully before joining Zuffa. But it's his business. And it is his career. And also, even if the company is shit, if the money makes sense it is a good decision. It is all about making money, really (and I don't know the details of the offers, etc., and I'm just a dude talking on a forum and not someone involved, or party to the info).

Where it concerns to the contracts and the courts, people also hire lawyers to interpret contracts. Most judges are former lawyers, but contracts are really the purview of lawyers. You don't have to go to court in order to hire legal services.

Back to top Go down

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:37 am

monaroCountry wrote:
VinnyMagalhaes wrote:

Did I get an apology? I can't remember that... When ? Show me. I remember other things, like him saying that he would let me sit out the rest of my contract, or him saying that he would match whatever offer I got just to prove a point.
He has all the rights in the world to prove a point, the same as you seem to have.

If M-1 matches the offer, are you obligated to go with M-1 or could you still go to another promotion?

Unfortunately these things happen though.

You know what's shady? It's a promoter suing a fighter claiming that the said fighter is under contract with his promotion, but "never show a contract" to prove what he's claiming...
What that shady guy is getting from lying? Getting his company sued by millions of dollars for making Bellator look bad. Let's talk about being shady....

You know how I prove that Slava didn't have a contract? Oh never mind I can't... Evgeni proved he didn't, by never showing Bellator one... That's why they're getting sued, and that's why Slava fought 2x for bellator.

It's not about me proving it doesn't exist, it was always about being proved that the said contract existed, and that was never proved.

If you are talking about Slava - Bellator - M-1 fiasco. Well, who says that M-1 has to produce all the documents, shouldnt a fighter also get a copy of said document? Its the fighter and his manager who should ensure that everything is in order.

In any case, M-1 obviously had the right and was proven in a court of law. The court are very good at reading contracts and all the legal jargon (its their job afterall, the same as you being an expert when it comes to MMA since its your day job).

The contract obviously existed, Slava and his manager/Bellator might have a different interpretation, but as in all cases if the court and judges puts down their decision then that decision should be respected.

I'm getting paid, I have a family to feed, I'm not a bartender to work in a bar to make money, I'm a professional athlete, what I do to make money and feed my family is to teach and fight, if I can't fight I have to make money somehow with what I'm good at. Chael looked for me, it wasn't the other way around, plus, I'm not friends with Anderson, nor I was his teammate at any point of my career.
I guess just so long as Chael can also help you become a better fighter. Afterall a fighter should look after himself first and earn as much money. Being a fighter is a tough gig and careers arent very long, so if you think working with Chael is good for you then you definately should do it.

Really bro, I'm not 100% sure if you followed the case, but Slava and his managers said that they never received any notification about them being sued, therefore when court day came, they didn't show up in court, which was in Holland (where M-1 has its office). I'm not sure if you know that, but anywhere in the World if someone opens a case against you, and you don't show up in court, you lose the case by default.

Copy of a document? Did you miss the part where the document didn't exist? how can you make a copy of a non existent document? Why do you think Bellator/viacom is suing M-1 for this situation?
I'm not sure if you know that, but if promotion #1 claims that promotion #2 is signing a fighter under contract with promotion #1, they are OBLIGATED to prove WITH DOCUMENTS that the said fighter is really under contract.

Just so you know, i'm not getting this info from articles on the internet. You have to remember that I'm part of the industry.

VinnyMagalhaes

Back to top Go down

Post by total finish on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 am

Good luck with trying to tell Monaro how it is Vinny. Even though you are personally involved with these people and orgs, he knows better....

total finish

Back to top Go down

Post by monaroCountry on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Even the fans knew what was going to happen, how could Slava and his managers not have?

Also, if there was no contract then M-1 GLOBAL WOULDNT HAVE WON IT. The courts that they went to was not a third world court but was a proper court of law. These guys obviously know better the terms and conditions of contracts.

Bellator and Viacom can try sue M-1 but until they win it then I put more faith on M-1 being in the right, since they already WON their court case.

Again im not going to tell you how to fight, since your a fighter, so why are you second guessing the COURTS?

monaroCountry

Back to top Go down

Post by total finish on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:56 pm

too funny

total finish

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Has to be one of the weakest excuses I have ever heard. Promoters like Don King and Arum are known for robbing their fighters and you are complaining about how someone cheered during a fight? Ridiculous. I remember M-1 fully embracing you as their champion and even advertising your endeavors outside of their own organization like your ADCC matches. They were doing their job.

You think Uncle Dana over at the UFC is concerned about your best interest? News flash, any promoter is just using you to make money. They dont give a shit about you as a person.

Welcome to the fight game. Jesus Christ.
StillWill

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:28 pm

*Post Deleted

------------

It was nice knowing you R3D. The defamatory attacks on members ain't gonna happen here. Especially not to professional fighters who really deserve some respect while they're here.

KABOOM!... Perma-User/IP/Email Address ban

Dagwood
Admin

R3D

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:38 pm

WAR VINNY!!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Vinny, by the way, it is great to have you on board here at G-MMA.

I am a fan but like others here I was disappointed you were leaving your M-1 title. It would have been great to see you continue your title reign with M-1.

Nonetheless, I agree w/ Stu's post above ^.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Misowaman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 am

lol at all the people who shit on Vinny before now playing turncoat when he shows up. Gutless cowards.

R3D might be a crazy, yet beautiful, russian, but he at least stays loyal to his opinion on Vinny.

Me? I've been supporting Vinny from the start.

Misowaman

Back to top Go down

Post by KSW on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 am

Misowaman wrote:lol at all the people who shit on Vinny before now playing turncoat when he shows up. Gutless cowards.

R3D might be a crazy, yet beautiful, russian, but he at least stays loyal to his opinion on Vinny.

Most people said Vinny should honour his contract and defend the title. I see no difference now that he joined the forum.
KSW

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:15 pm

I've never said anything about Vinny absent his presents. I never had such an impulse. And I only say how I see things. I can be wrong, but my opinions are my own and are honest. I understand the perspectives of the people who wish he would defend his belt, but I just see it all as business and see no reason to criticize.

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Vinny may be a cool guy and a very talented fighter/BJJ player but hes acting like a complete baby and unprofessional in this situation. Im not going to pander to him just because he signed up here.
StillWill

Back to top Go down

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Johan Lofgren wrote:
Misowaman wrote:lol at all the people who shit on Vinny before now playing turncoat when he shows up. Gutless cowards.

Most people said Vinny should honour his contract and defend the title. I see no difference now that he joined the forum.

but I honored my contract. The contract ended in january, then after that M-1 had a 60 days EXCLUSIVE negotiation period to make me an offer, and the only offer they made me was a signing bonus, that means: My pay per fight would stay as it was in the old contract, I obviously refused to take that offer,after all, the old contract was signed even before I became champion. So I become Champion, defended the title once, and will you tell me that's fair for me to be getting paid what I was getting paid in my old contract? I didn't think so.

Now it's the 120 days matching period, and for me to stay with M-1 isn't really impossible, but for that to happen, I have to get an "official" offer from another promotion that I will accept it, then if M-1 matches it, I will happily fight for them again. The only thing that I have going for me now, is that taking an offer now is nothing but my choice, or I can just wait until July to talk to other promotions (after the matching period is over).

I have decided to talk to other promotions only after these 120 days though. Am I doing anything wrong? Nope, the contract allows me to do that.
Like I said during those 60 days that ONLY M-1 could make me an offer they chose not to make me one that would be reasonable.
Even after what happened in October, I still asked to fight on the december card in California, apparently I didn't get what I asked for, and that was the last card that I could fight still being under contract, so don't blame on me for not defending the title at least one more time, because I wanted to.

VinnyMagalhaes

Back to top Go down

Post by monaroCountry on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:09 pm

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:
Now it's the 120 days matching period, and for me to stay with M-1 isn't really impossible, but for that to happen, I have to get an "official" offer from another promotion that I will accept it, then if M-1 matches it, I will happily fight for them again.
Im confused by alot of what you say. This is one example of you going back and forth on your arguements. I thought that you didnt like the fact that M-1 would or could match offers, now you say that you would "happily fight for them" if they match it?

monaroCountry

Back to top Go down

Post by KSW on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:34 pm

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

but I honored my contract. The contract ended in january, then after that M-1 had a 60 days EXCLUSIVE negotiation period to make me an offer, and the only offer they made me was a signing bonus, that means: My pay per fight would stay as it was in the old contract, I obviously refused to take that offer,after all, the old contract was signed even before I became champion. So I become Champion, defended the title once, and will you tell me that's fair for me to be getting paid what I was getting paid in my old contract? I didn't think so.

Now it's the 120 days matching period, and for me to stay with M-1 isn't really impossible, but for that to happen, I have to get an "official" offer from another promotion that I will accept it, then if M-1 matches it, I will happily fight for them again. The only thing that I have going for me now, is that taking an offer now is nothing but my choice, or I can just wait until July to talk to other promotions (after the matching period is over).

I have decided to talk to other promotions only after these 120 days though. Am I doing anything wrong? Nope, the contract allows me to do that.
Like I said during those 60 days that ONLY M-1 could make me an offer they chose not to make me one that would be reasonable.
Even after what happened in October, I still asked to fight on the december card in California, apparently I didn't get what I asked for, and that was the last card that I could fight still being under contract, so don't blame on me for not defending the title at least one more time, because I wanted to.
Nice to hear your side of the story. I wish M-1 would have given you a new great offer when they had the chance. This whole situation is only negative for you and M-1. M-1 already had a bad reputation in america because of what Dana said and now they get even more hate. You must make a living and provide for your family so I understand if this is frustrating.
KSW

Back to top Go down

Post by KSW on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:44 pm

I wish you would take official offers from other promotions so M-1 can match them. This would be the best solution since you would get a better contract and M-1 would get the chance to keep their LHW champ.
KSW

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum