Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:53 pm

monaroCountry wrote:
VinnyMagalhaes wrote:
Now it's the 120 days matching period, and for me to stay with M-1 isn't really impossible, but for that to happen, I have to get an "official" offer from another promotion that I will accept it, then if M-1 matches it, I will happily fight for them again.
Im confused by alot of what you say. This is one example of you going back and forth on your arguements. I thought that you didnt like the fact that M-1 would or could match offers, now you say that you would "happily fight for them" if they match it?

If I didn't like "the fact that M-1 could match offers" , I wouldn't have signed the contract. What I mentioned about the matching period, was the fact that Evgeni said that he would match any offer just to prove a point.

Just to give an example, Evgeni used to tell my manager that he thought I was over paid, but If Bellator for example made me an offer, the amount that Bellator pays their fighters for the tournament, just in the first fight is 3x the amount I was getting paid, being a champion in M-1.
So how did I became that valuable? I simply didn't... From the messages we've been getting from him, it only sounds like he's trying to screw me over. I could sign with them, and then he could keep on the shelf for another few months.
But yes, if they could match any offer (I believe they can), and honor it (that's what I'm having a hard time to believe), I wouldn't mind fighting for them. Like I said before, my plans were to have 6-8 fights for M-1, and I only had 4, I could have had 5 or 6, but Evgeni pulled me out of the november card (the one I was scheduled to fight as a HW) and then pulled me out of the december card, where I could have defended the title.

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Johan Lofgren wrote:I wish you would take official offers from other promotions so M-1 can match them. This would be the best solution since you would get a better contract and M-1 would get the chance to keep their LHW champ.

I know what you're saying, and I wish things had never gone that way. But what you're saying doesn't really help me.
I have already sat out for 6 months, by july it will be 9 months, let's say that I'm not fighting until august or september (10-11 months). I have already lost a whole year just because of this situation, so now, I might as well look for my own interest.
At least I'm sure that as soon as I get signed by another promotion, I will be fighting soon, as long as I'm ready (which I should be).
With all the threats we get from Evgeni, those 10-11 months, could turn into anything from 12-14 months. So why risk it?

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by KSW on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 pm

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:I wish you would take official offers from other promotions so M-1 can match them. This would be the best solution since you would get a better contract and M-1 would get the chance to keep their LHW champ.

I know what you're saying, and I wish things had never gone that way. But what you're saying doesn't really help me.
I have already sat out for 6 months, by july it will be 9 months, let's say that I'm not fighting until august or september (10-11 months). I have already lost a whole year just because of this situation, so now, I might as well look for my own interest.
At least I'm sure that as soon as I get signed by another promotion, I will be fighting soon, as long as I'm ready (which I should be).
With all the threats we get from Evgeni, those 10-11 months, could turn into anything from 12-14 months. So why risk it?
When you put it that way it sounds more safe to wait. I will try to talk sense with Kogan. He needs to get over the old beef and make peace with you. Maybe he needs to take a step back for a while and let someone else take care of the promotion.
avatar
KSW

Location : Sweden
Posts : 9370
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Politics are a bitch.

I hope for the best for Vinny.

Whether on the off chance it is in M-1, or if he goes somewhere else.

This sort of promoter-fighter political stuff is an integral part of the fight business, very unfortunately.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : USA
Posts : 4466
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Wolfman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Misowaman wrote:lol at all the people who shit on Vinny before now playing turncoat when he shows up. Gutless cowards.

R3D might be a crazy, yet beautiful, russian, but he at least stays loyal to his opinion on Vinny.

Me? I've been supporting Vinny from the start.

He's free to see what we said before anytime. I even admited trash talking him. The difference is, now that he's here we can make things clear. To make a decent discussion the least you could expect is that people act like grown men and not jerks. R3D comment would not be deleted if he didn't acted the way he did, calling him "faggot" and clearly pointing his dislike for brazilians. Now look at Stillwill comment. He showed his opinion without acting like a neanderthal.


...And i still got no answers on my previous post. So i'll write it again.

Vinny, Chael DID trash talked the country, our fighters and even BJJ, like i said before. Why help a guy like that? Did he said anything to you about this? And why you put your belt to sell? It did not meant anything?


Last edited by Wolfman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Wolfman

Location : Brazil
Posts : 1779
Join date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Misowaman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Wolfman wrote:
Misowaman wrote:lol at all the people who shit on Vinny before now playing turncoat when he shows up. Gutless cowards.

R3D might be a crazy, yet beautiful, russian, but he at least stays loyal to his opinion on Vinny.

Me? I've been supporting Vinny from the start.

He's free to see what we said before anytime. I even admited trash talking him. The difference is, now that he's here we can make things clear. To make a decent discussion the least you could expect is that people act like grown men and not jerks. R3D comment would not be deleted if he didn't acted the way he did, calling him "faggot" and clearly pointing his dislike for brazilians. Now look at Stillwill comment. He showed his opinion without acting like a neanderthal.


...And i still got no answers on my previous post.

R3D doesn't hate brazilians, he hates Vinny because he's a nationalist pig loyal to Russia, and hopes that people who betray russia die deaths that only a faggot would die

_________________
The Jab is The Law

avatar
Misowaman

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Misowaman wrote:
Wolfman wrote:
Misowaman wrote:lol at all the people who shit on Vinny before now playing turncoat when he shows up. Gutless cowards.

R3D might be a crazy, yet beautiful, russian, but he at least stays loyal to his opinion on Vinny.

Me? I've been supporting Vinny from the start.

He's free to see what we said before anytime. I even admited trash talking him. The difference is, now that he's here we can make things clear. To make a decent discussion the least you could expect is that people act like grown men and not jerks. R3D comment would not be deleted if he didn't acted the way he did, calling him "faggot" and clearly pointing his dislike for brazilians. Now look at Stillwill comment. He showed his opinion without acting like a neanderthal.


...And i still got no answers on my previous post.

R3D doesn't hate brazilians, he hates Vinny because he's a nationalist pig loyal to Russia, and hopes that people who betray russia die deaths that only a faggot would die


LOL

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Misowaman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:50 pm

R3D is a good and honest man, he loves Fedor and the motherland of Russia, and will defend her with his life.

_________________
The Jab is The Law

avatar
Misowaman

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by StillWill on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:11 pm

I dont wish Vinny discontinued success. I hope this matter gets sorted and he gets back to fighting for good $ and M-1 also gets back to business as soon as possible. I just think it could have been avoided - but whats done is done. Time to make the best of it for the both sides.

avatar
StillWill

Posts : 143
Join date : 2012-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Misowaman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Vinny is a good and honest man who deserves nothing but the best the world has to offer, and I was saying that before he came here, and i'll be saying that on a platform where he can't see it.

_________________
The Jab is The Law

avatar
Misowaman

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by CDF47 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Misowa, if you were including me in that post, I never said anything disrespectful about Vinny prior to him joining. I have always said and continue to say I wish he would defend his M-1 belt. I did say in the past that I want him to honor his contract but recently he provided clarification for that. I think at one time I said I wish he would shut up and honor his contract. He provided clarification though when he didn't have to. I am not sure waiting out the offer period will work or not w/o reading the contract but that is what he is planning so it is what it is.

Regardless, Vinny does not owe any of us an explanation for any of this and he has come out here and on Sherdog and on Twitter and gave his side of the story. I respect that and I appreciate that. There are not too many fighters that would do that and then join us here on this forum. For that, I am definitely a fan.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11451
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by monaroCountry on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 pm

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:
Just to give an example, Evgeni used to tell my manager that he thought I was over paid, but If Bellator for example made me an offer, the amount that Bellator pays their fighters for the tournament, just in the first fight is 3x the amount I was getting paid, being a champion in M-1.
Business 101 is always try to go for the lower price and go up from there. Have you ever gone to auctions and noticed the bidding wars? M-1 is buying your services for an greed amount and time, their job is to buy you as low as possible (the same with any propmotion), the job of your manager is to sell you as high as possible since (usually) fighter managers get a percentage cut, so the higher he can sell you the higher his reward will be.

So how did I became that valuable? I simply didn't... From the messages we've been getting from him, it only sounds like he's trying to screw me over. I could sign with them, and then he could keep on the shelf for another few months.
But yes, if they could match any offer (I believe they can), and honor it (that's what I'm having a hard time to believe), I wouldn't mind fighting for them. Like I said before, my plans were to have 6-8 fights for M-1, and I only had 4, I could have had 5 or 6, but Evgeni pulled me out of the november card (the one I was scheduled to fight as a HW) and then pulled me out of the december card, where I could have defended the title.

So you think that they could match the offer but DONT THINK THAT THEY WOULD HONOUR THE CONTRACT? But didnt you say perviously that M-1 did honour your current contract, gave you fights and generally treated you fairly? As ive said in another forum, there are many fighters in the UFC and Bellator who fight less than 3 fights a year, you should be so lucky.

So come on Vinny if you are trying to inform us that you were on the right and were hard done by (by M-1) then you really should keep your story straight.

I have already sat out for 6 months, by july it will be 9 months, let's say that I'm not fighting until august or september (10-11 months). I have already lost a whole year just because of this situation, so now, I might as well look for my own interest.

So your trying to convince us that you sitting out was because of M-1? you sitting out is because of you, it was your choice to sit out the rest of your contract so you wont get tied down to your current promotion.

With all the threats we get from Evgeni, those 10-11 months, could turn into anything from 12-14 months. So why risk it?

All these standerous comments have all come from you (selling the belt etc), and all the proof i.e. honouring contracts, promoting you as a fighter, appologising has all come from Evgani and M-1.

When you put it that way it sounds more safe to wait. I will try to talk sense with Kogan. He needs to get over the old beef and make peace with you. Maybe he needs to take a step back for a while and let someone else take care of the promotion.

I thought he already has though, Kogan has already appologised but Vinny continues to attack M-1 and Kogan.

Have you heard any M-1 reps slandering Vinny? I know that I havent.



monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by KSW on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:58 pm

monaroCountry wrote:
I thought he already has though, Kogan has already appologised but Vinny continues to attack M-1 and Kogan.

Have you heard any M-1 reps slandering Vinny? I know that I havent.

Maybe Kogan needs to be more clear so Vinny feels safe to continue with M-1. If I was in charge of M-1 I would say Vinny we´re happy to have you as our champ, let´s put all the shit behind us. Then I would give him a new contract and sign him up for the next event. I´m not saying it´s all Kogans fault but sometimes you need to be the bigger man to solve a conflict.
avatar
KSW

Location : Sweden
Posts : 9370
Join date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 pm

monaroCountry wrote:
VinnyMagalhaes wrote:
Just to give an example, Evgeni used to tell my manager that he thought I was over paid, but If Bellator for example made me an offer, the amount that Bellator pays their fighters for the tournament, just in the first fight is 3x the amount I was getting paid, being a champion in M-1.
Business 101 is always try to go for the lower price and go up from there. Have you ever gone to auctions and noticed the bidding wars? M-1 is buying your services for an greed amount and time, their job is to buy you as low as possible (the same with any propmotion), the job of your manager is to sell you as high as possible since (usually) fighter managers get a percentage cut, so the higher he can sell you the higher his reward will be.

Impossible to argue with you, when you only read and "Translate" how you want things to be translated. what you're understanding, it's not exactly what I'm saying, so I'm one more time wasting my time with somebody who doesn't know anything about the situation. But like you said, it's like a car auction... But since they can't buy it (me) for as low as possible, I'm moving on with my career.


So how did I became that valuable? I simply didn't... From the messages we've been getting from him, it only sounds like he's trying to screw me over. I could sign with them, and then he could keep on the shelf for another few months.
But yes, if they could match any offer (I believe they can), and honor it (that's what I'm having a hard time to believe), I wouldn't mind fighting for them. Like I said before, my plans were to have 6-8 fights for M-1, and I only had 4, I could have had 5 or 6, but Evgeni pulled me out of the november card (the one I was scheduled to fight as a HW) and then pulled me out of the december card, where I could have defended the title.

So you think that they could match the offer but DONT THINK THAT THEY WOULD HONOUR THE CONTRACT? But didnt you say perviously that M-1 did honour your current contract, gave you fights and generally treated you fairly? As ive said in another forum, there are many fighters in the UFC and Bellator who fight less than 3 fights a year, you should be so lucky.

Did you know that on my contract that was a clause that said that I need to be notified about my next bout 90days (3 months) after my last fight, and should be fighting 120 days (4months) after my last fight? No, you didn't know that. I fought Nemkov in April, didn't fight my next fight until october (zayats, 6 months later). Do you realize that THEY BREACHED THE CONTRACT with that action? Yes, it was MY CHOICE TO STAY WITH THEM, and never brought that up to you, up until now. So now, tell me I can really trust they will honor the contract. If they already didn't honor it TWICE. (Second time being when Evgeni coached/rooted for Zayats, which could have costed M-1 their license to hold shows here in the US, since conflict of interesting is not seeing as a really nice thing by any commission,and IT IS CONSIDERED A BREACH ). But you know why I also didn't say anything about THEIR SECOND TIME BREACHING THE CONTRACT? Because I was 3 months away from getting out of my contract, and take that to court could take longer than that, possibly up to or longer than a year. While you're assuming things on YOUR OWN, I do have one of the best Sports Attorneys working for me, and dealing with ALL legal the situation.

So come on Vinny if you are trying to inform us that you were on the right and were hard done by (by M-1) then you really should keep your story straight.

I have already sat out for 6 months, by july it will be 9 months, let's say that I'm not fighting until august or september (10-11 months). I have already lost a whole year just because of this situation, so now, I might as well look for my own interest.

So your trying to convince us that you sitting out was because of M-1? you sitting out is because of you, it was your choice to sit out the rest of your contract so you wont get tied down to your current promotion.

No, I'm not trying to convince you that I'm siting out because of m-1, I said (re-read it, please) that I'm siting out "because of this situation", for 2 reasons: 1-Contract obligations, 2- By choice, after all I could have chose to resign with M-1, which I didn't. But like I said, by choice I know for fact that I will sit out for only 9 months, fighting in 10-11 max. But signing with M-1 there's no guarantee that I will be fighting sooner than 13 months, after all, once I'm resigned, they could still play the 120 days term, so that means, if I signed in July with M-1 (They could use the terms in their favor, and not having me fighting for another 4 months).

With all the threats we get from Evgeni, those 10-11 months, could turn into anything from 12-14 months. So why risk it?

All these standerous comments have all come from you (selling the belt etc), and all the proof i.e. honouring contracts, promoting you as a fighter, appologising has all come from Evgani and M-1.

Evgeni or even M-1 in this case have never made any apology to me or to the public. Not that I'm aware of. If so, send me the link, because I can't find anything,neither I received any email from him saying anything like that. The only email I've got from him so far, are the ones saying that "I'm just doing all this because I want to leave the company" (But he forgets that he started "this") or the one he said "he will match any offer, just to prove a point". You don't realize that M-1 had a "EXCLUSIVE" negotiation period, that lasted 60 days, and they didn't make any other offer other than a signing bonus? Do you think If they really want to sign me, because they think I'm good for the company, wouldn't they have made me a better offer, instead of wait for all this process? Like I said, the longer I sit out, the longer Evgeni thinks it will affect me, but now the ball is not on his court anymore. Now it's up to ME to wait out and sign with somebody else. They had their chance though.

When you put it that way it sounds more safe to wait. I will try to talk sense with Kogan. He needs to get over the old beef and make peace with you. Maybe he needs to take a step back for a while and let someone else take care of the promotion.

I thought he already has though, Kogan has already appologised but Vinny continues to attack M-1 and Kogan.

Have you heard any M-1 reps slandering Vinny? I know that I havent.

Like I said before, send me the link of any apology letter or even just a line of any apology that came from M-1 or Evgeni.

I don't attack M-1, Even though contracts suck, if I was going through this same situation in the UFC, Bellator, Strikeforce, it would still suck. But it would still be part of the contract. The personal things coming from Evgeni is what bothered me.
But to be honest with you, since the day me, my manager and my attorney decided to just wait for the matching period to be over, I haven't really stressed out about this whole situation. After all, once the matching period is over, I won't have to deal with Evgeni anymore. So why stress about it?


[b]


Last edited by VinnyMagalhaes on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by CDF47 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Johan Lofgren wrote:
monaroCountry wrote:
I thought he already has though, Kogan has already appologised but Vinny continues to attack M-1 and Kogan.

Have you heard any M-1 reps slandering Vinny? I know that I havent.

Maybe Kogan needs to be more clear so Vinny feels safe to continue with M-1. If I was in charge of M-1 I would say Vinny we´re happy to have you as our champ, let´s put all the shit behind us. Then I would give him a new contract and sign him up for the next event. I´m not saying it´s all Kogans fault but sometimes you need to be the bigger man to solve a conflict.

Great post. I wish they could work this out if possible.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11451
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by RussianTopTeam on Tue May 01, 2012 2:29 am

so...is his belt still for sale?

_________________
avatar
RussianTopTeam
Moderator

Posts : 2106
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by monaroCountry on Tue May 01, 2012 7:34 am

Really bro, I'm not 100% sure if you followed the case, but Slava and his managers said that they never received any notification about them being sued, therefore when court day came, they didn't show up in court, which was in Holland (where M-1 has its office).


Evgani wrote EVIDENCE 1 on his twitter in November 16 2011 and directed it to Bjorn Rebney, well before the court case. Also please read carefully my EVIDENCE 2 especially about a New Jersey based legal services company confirming to M-1 that people in Slava's camp has been served their notice.

So dont act and pander around that Slava or his camp never knew about the court case and please dont pander around like the contract doesnt exist. As ive said before, the Dutch court isnt some third world court, they wouldnt just award the case to M-1 for no reason.

I dont expect an apology from you though, its not your style, so dont bother.


EVIDENCE 1

evgeni kogan ‏ @evgenikogan
@BloodyElbow @bjornrebney Who has an existing contract with M-1 and is about to get sued.



EVIDENCE 2

M-1 Exec: Promotion Plans to Enforce Dutch Verdict against Vasilevsky in United States

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/M1-Exec-Promotion-Plans-to-Enforce-Dutch-Verdict-against-Vasilevsky-in-United-States-41405
On March 15, M-1 Global was awarded a judgment in a Dutch court against former light heavyweight champion Vyacheslav Vasilevsky and will now seek to uphold that ruling in the United States.

Vasilevsky, 23, signed with Bellator Fighting Championships this past fall and recently made his promotional debut in the Season 6 middleweight tournament quarterfinals on March 16. Now residing in New Jersey on a work visa, the fighter has been ordered to pay the Russian promotion €1,000 for each day he breached his contract and €5,000 for each day he competes for another promotion.

According to M-1 Global Director of Operations Evgeni Kogan, Vasilevsky remains an M-1 fighter until early 2013 due to a champion’s clause in the fighter’s contract. Kogan contends that the clause was activated twice -- once when “Slava” became the M-1 Selection Eastern Europe champion in August 2010, and once when he won the world light heavyweight title four months later at M-1 Challenge 22.

Kogan says that he attempted to contact Bellator to notify the organization that Vasilevsky was under contract with M-1, but that his attempts proved fruitless.

“We have tried many times to talk to Bellator, to [Bellator CEO] Bjorn [Rebney], etc.,” Kogan told Sherdog.com via email last week. “I have personally emailed and called [Rebney] a number of times to try to get a dialogue going, to work things out without involving the legal system. We are open to sharing fighters [and] always have been. Most of our fighters sometimes fight outside of M-1.

“Instead of talking to us, though, all our contact with Bellator results in letters from their lawyers. Every single call, email, etc., results in a formal letter from their lawyers,” Kogan continued. “We feel this isn't conducive to any kind of relationship. Actually, it's very arrogant and insulting. Now we are going to get the Dutch judgment upheld in U.S. court and protect our rights to promote Vasilevsky.”

When asked to forward a copy of the fighter’s contract on the condition that it would not be published, Kogan declined, stating that the contract is an internal matter. Instead, the M-1 exec forwarded to Sherdog a copy of the signed judgment delivered in the Court of the City of Amsterdam as evidence that Vasilevsky remains under contract with the promotion.

When asked why M-1 chose to file suit in the Netherlands rather than in Russia or the United States, Kogan stated that the jurisdiction of the promotion’s contract with the fighter is in the Netherlands, where the M-1 head office is located.

On Vasilevsky’s side, the fighter’s manager, Sam Kardan, has been quoted as stating that he and his fighter were unaware of M-1’s legal action. Kogan disagrees, asserting that Vasilevsky was served documents notifying the fighter of the proceedings on March 2. Kogan forwarded to Sherdog a confirmation email sent to M-1 from DGR Legal, a New Jersey-based legal services company, alerting M-1 that the fighter had been served.

It is not yet clear how the court’s judgment will affect Vasilevsky’s future in the short term. Though Bellator has declined to comment on the situation in recent weeks, the promotion has nonetheless booked “Slava” to appear in the middleweight semifinals against Maiquel Falcao on April 20.

While Kogan declined to reveal specifics regarding the organization’s intent to have the Dutch ruling upheld in the United States, the M-1 executive was clear about the promotion’s stance on Vasilevsky competing for any other organization.

“Vasilevsky will not fight in other organizations besides M-1,” Kogan stated. “We tried to resolve this with Vasilevsky himself a number of times and with Bellator a number of times. Now the time for mutual resolution has ended, much to our disappointment, and we will move ahead with having the Dutch judgment upheld.”

monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by monaroCountry on Tue May 01, 2012 7:55 am

Second time being when Evgeni coached/rooted for Zayats, which could have costed M-1 their license to hold shows here in the US, since conflict of interesting is not seeing as a really nice thing by any commission,and IT IS CONSIDERED A BREACH.

Where in the commission rules is it written? Its also not in the Ali Act, that one mainly talks about conflict of interests with regards to financial interests. You would be hard pressed to find anything about conflict of interests because of nationalism or simply cheering.

In any case, MMA is not even governed in the Ali Act which is a more defined set of rules and regulations.

monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by Misowaman on Tue May 01, 2012 11:33 am

lol at monaro trying to argue shit he legitimately knows nothing about with someone who actually knows what's happening. It's like a homeless man giving financial advice to a successful business man.

_________________
The Jab is The Law

avatar
Misowaman

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by monaroCountry on Tue May 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Misowaman wrote:lol at monaro trying to argue shit he legitimately knows nothing about with someone who actually knows what's happening. It's like a homeless man giving financial advice to a successful business man.

From all evidence i seem to be on the right. Vinny and Slava say that they were never informed, yet its spelled out in black and white that they (Slava) was served his papers. They either didnt bother reading the papers that they were served or are lieing.

monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Tue May 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Mar/ 27 / 2012 “Vasilevsky will NOT fight in other organizations besides M-1,” Kogan stated.

Apr / 20 / 2012 Slava vs Maiquel Falcao HAPPENED in BELLATOR


Smile


Last edited by VinnyMagalhaes on Tue May 01, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by VinnyMagalhaes on Tue May 01, 2012 5:57 pm

"When asked to forward a copy of the fighter’s contract on the condition that it would not be published, Kogan declined, stating that the contract is an internal matter. Instead, the M-1 exec forwarded to Sherdog a copy of the signed judgment delivered in the Court of the City of Amsterdam as evidence that Vasilevsky remains under contract with the promotion."

Very true, if there was a contract, he should not forward any contract to the media, because of terms of confidentiality. But there's no such a thing as "confidentiality" about showing the said contract to Bellator, after all, they accused Bellator of signing Slava when Slava was still under contract with M-1 and the only way to prove that what they're saying is true is by showing a contract to Bellator.
from what I know (once again, not from the media, but from somebody from Bellator), the contract was never showed.
Result of that: Bellator had Slava fighting after this sherdog article came out, Slava has not paid any of the 400.000 Euros, and Viacom/Bellator is suing M-1.


What do you say about these facts:

- Bellator scheduled Slava to fight after he supposedly lost a law suit in Netherlands;
- Slava hasn't paid any of the 400k Euros that was supposed to pay for losing the case;

What Evgeni is stating doesn't make anything necessarily a fact, he also told my manager that he would have me fighting in 4 of the showtime cards, and I fought only in 2, he also said that if the UFC ever contacted me, he would let me go.
Even when I was supposed to go train with Fedor for the first time, Evgeni told my manager that I'd be getting paid to go there... 3 weeks later he changed his mind, and said that I'd be more than welcome to go, but they'd not be able to pay me.
So far he hasn't honored what he said, since the UFC contacted me the very first day when the matching period started. Plus all the aboves.

VinnyMagalhaes

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by monaroCountry on Tue May 01, 2012 6:56 pm

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:Mar/ 27 / 2012 “Vasilevsky will NOT fight in other organizations besides M-1,” Kogan stated.

Apr / 20 / 2012 Slava vs Maiquel Falcao HAPPENED in BELLATOR


Smile

Well, if the American court upholds the judgement of the Dutch courts then they would be in huge trouble.

VinnyMagalhaes wrote:Very true, if there was a contract, he should not forward any contract to the media, because of terms of confidentiality. But there's no such a thing as "confidentiality" about showing the said contract to Bellator, after all, they accused Bellator of signing Slava when Slava was still under contract with M-1 and the only way to prove that what they're saying is true is by showing a contract to Bellator.
from what I know (once again, not from the media, but from somebody from Bellator), the contract was never showed.
Result of that: Bellator had Slava fighting after this sherdog article came out, Slava has not paid any of the 400.000 Euros, and Viacom/Bellator is suing M-1.
Actually, the only thing M-1 would have to do in that case is to serve the notice to the parties involved which they did via a firm in America. The Dutch court who would be impartial in the matter did confirm that there was a current and valid contract, they signed it and awarded the win to M-1.


What do you say about these facts:

- Bellator scheduled Slava to fight after he supposedly lost a law suit in Netherlands;
- Slava hasn't paid any of the 400k Euros that was supposed to pay for losing the case;
Bellator and Slava can continue to breach him contract and fight in America. But if/when the American courts do uphold the Dutch ruling then the penalties would be imposed and he wount be allowed to fight in America (my guess anyway).


What Evgeni is stating doesn't make anything necessarily a fact, he also told my manager that he would have me fighting in 4 of the showtime cards, and I fought only in 2, he also said that if the UFC ever contacted me, he would let me go.
The problem is that a legal firm in America did confirm that the notice has been served and at a certain date, and that the courts has signed a document as proper and legal, and the court has judged rightly in awarding the win. Your right, Kogan can say anything the same with Slava, and the same with Bellator since they all have their individual interests. The courts on the otherhand cant just state things, they always base their judgement on the FACTS PRESENTED.


monaroCountry

Posts : 1326
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by PRIDE NEVER DIE on Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

I wish M-1 and Bellator could some how find away to work together.

_________________
Ring > cage, knee's>elbows. Class, honor, respect> just bleed. 株式会社セガ
Rolling LMAO 
PRIDE FC wrote:I´m rooting for our old friend Vinny. He needs to win the UFC belt, put it on his toilet seat and sell it on ebay  Very Happy

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
avatar
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Location : North Mexico
Posts : 2518
Join date : 2012-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinny now says M-1 treated him fairly. He just has an issue with Kogan.

Post by RussianTopTeam on Tue May 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Vinny, I've got cash in hand right now for your belt, name the price

_________________
avatar
RussianTopTeam
Moderator

Posts : 2106
Join date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum