Post by stu3ufc on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:23 am

for people saying the cage is better for mma

this can still happen in a cage you know

SUPERKOMBAT KICKBOXING FOR LIFE

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Re: KSW 27: Cage Time Results & Discussion

Post by Golden Age on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:30 am

Cage is used as a tool since fighters can´t move when they´re pressed against it on the ground and standing. Even if fights in the ring have to be restarted sometimes it´still gives the fights a much more natural flow as strikers and grapplers can always move. Too bad fans can´t see this. Falling out of the ring isn´t a problem but if they want to they can easily put some padding around the fighting area.

Golden Age
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:33 am

i have no idea why people are so inclined to the cage when you saw the greatest fights of all time happen inside the pride fc ring...check out shooto from 2002-2006 exciting as fuck!

restarts happening were very rare because most of the pride fc fighters werent cowardly decision wrestlers.....

I miss 1x10 and 5 + 5 as well! the fights looks so different.

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Age on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:34 am

stu3ufc wrote:i have no idea why people are so inclined to the cage when you saw the greatest fights of all time happen inside the pride fc ring

restarts happening were very rare because most of the pride fc fighters werent cowardly decision wrestlers.....

I miss 1x10 and 5 + 5 as well! the fights looks so different

Yeah PRIDE is the perfect argument to why ring is the best. Imagine if all the epic PRIDE fights took place in a cage under unified rules.

Golden Age
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:37 am

Golden Age wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:i have no idea why people are so inclined to the cage when you saw the greatest fights of all time happen inside the pride fc ring

Yeah PRIDE is the perfect argument to why ring is the best. Imagine if all the epic PRIDE fights took place in a cage under unified rules.

Fights can still be epic in a cage. PRIDE was awesome but it wasn't perfect. I've seen great fights in PRIDE but I've seen great fights in UFC, Bellator, ONE FC, and Strikeforce and they used a cage.

Cages and Rings aren't the problem. The rules are the problem. The reason we see the stuff we see is because the Unified Rules suck and there's no yellow cards or any reason to encourage more action. I guarantee PRIDE would've had the same problem with wrestlers if they didn't have yellow cards and enforced the Unified Rules.

The Unified Rules are the biggest problem because control and takedowns mean more then attempting to finish and inflicting damage.

Speaking of PRIDE, a good example that a ring doesn't make things better is the Dan Severn/Kimo fight. That was in a ring and it is considered one of the most boring fights in MMA history.

I don't care about cages and rings. I care about the rules. I want the Unified Rules gone from MMA. I want fights judged in their entirety. I want yellow cards. I want fights to be judged on who came closer to finishing and who delivered the most damage.

Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by fka on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Amen brother ^^

I've seen plenty of horrible ring fights as well as cage fights.

The unified rules screws up the flow not cage.

Cage is beneficial to both striker and wrestler as far as takedowns and defense go and overall make for a less interference.

Rules screwjob everything

FIX TIMIDITY add YELLOW CARDS or like I've suggested just have a timer of like 10 seconds if guys aren't advancing position or looking to use FIGHT ENDING strikes or subs they are stood up or broken up if in clinch.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

Hit me up fkamma1985@hotmail.com or check out mmamatrix.net im on there as well.

fka

http://mmamatrix.net,mymmapicks,ufc.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Age on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:09 pm

^^ There are great fights in the cage, Strikeforce for an example was awesome and so is Bellator and ONE FC. Still I´m a PRIDE fanboy and I hope the ring stays strong. Hopefully this is a one time thing for KSW and they continue with the ring. If they´re keeping the cage it should be white like the one DREAM used.

Golden Age
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Golden Age wrote:

LMAO!  Rolling LMAO 

The cage wouldnt be so bad if there was a rule that stopped fighters from using it to take guys down off it!

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Post by stu3ufc on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:23 pm

even Pride FC when it hit the U.S and Afflicition MMA....both in the U.S and using a ring had fucking amazing events!

yet every org is changing themselves because of the UFC and the gimmick that the cage brings!

SUPERKOMBAT KICKBOXING FOR LIFE

stu3ufc

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum