Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by NorthWestMex on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Yea & where is Takaya now? Not even top 10! Pitbull beat Straus, Nunes, & Georgi himself! Not to mention he haf 4 wins in 4 months including a tournament. We need to go by the current rankings. His only losses are split decisions that he could have won.
avatar
NorthWestMex

Location : Seattle, WA
Posts : 53
Join date : 2012-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:30 pm

NorthWestMex wrote:Yea & where is Takaya now? Not even top 10! Pitbull beat Straus, Nunes, & Georgi himself! Not to mention he haf 4 wins in 4 months including a tournament. We need to go by the current rankings. His only losses are split decisions that he could have won.
The Takaya fight was a little more than a year ago so it´s still a relevant win. Takaya was ranked #1 then and his record after the fight doesn´t matter. I don´t mind ranking Pitbull higher but the Takaya win is what put Georgi where he is.


Last edited by Golden Age on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by wekka on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Patricio should definitely jump Georgi with his next win, I believe.
avatar
wekka

Location : Half-Breed/Georgia
Age : 27
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:34 pm

wekka wrote:Patricio should definitely jump Georgi with his next win, I believe.
I think he deserves it too.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by NorthWestMex on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Why wouldn't his record since then matter? 1 year is a long time in MMA. So we should just ignore what happens until how long? So let's say in the next year Moraes is still #2 (which was BS to begin with) lost to Rettinghouse & then got submitted in his next fight & fell from the list. So Rettinghouse would be ahead of Dantas. Then say Rettinghouse beats 2 unknowns & Dantas wins agianst ranked Silva & Warren. So Rettinghouse would still be ahead of him because of beating Moraes a year ago?! That makes no sense & only looks worse since Pitbull beat Georgi by KO!! Let's do it by what fighters did recently not a dam year ago!
avatar
NorthWestMex

Location : Seattle, WA
Posts : 53
Join date : 2012-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by God of Thunder on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:26 pm

NorthWestMex wrote:Why wouldn't his record since then matter? 1 year is a long time in MMA. So we should just ignore what happens until how long? So let's say in the next year Moraes is still #2 (which was BS to begin with) lost to Rettinghouse & then got submitted in his next fight & fell from the list. So Rettinghouse would be ahead of Dantas. Then say Rettinghouse beats 2 unknowns & Dantas wins agianst ranked Silva & Warren. So Rettinghouse would still be ahead of him because of beating Moraes a year ago?! That makes no sense & only looks worse since Pitbull beat Georgi by KO!! Let's do it by what fighters did recently not a dam year ago!
What I´m saying is Takaya was ranked #1 at the time and Takayas record after that doesn´t matter it was still a win against #1.

I´m fine with having Pitbull higher than Georgi, I´m just explaining why Georgi is ranked so high. Pitbull beat Georgi 3 years ago btw.
avatar
God of Thunder
Admin

Location : Sweden
Posts : 2929
Join date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by MR.WILLIE on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:31 pm

Golden Age wrote:
NorthWestMex wrote:Why wouldn't his record since then matter? 1 year is a long time in MMA. So we should just ignore what happens until how long? So let's say in the next year Moraes is still #2 (which was BS to begin with) lost to Rettinghouse & then got submitted in his next fight & fell from the list. So Rettinghouse would be ahead of Dantas. Then say Rettinghouse beats 2 unknowns & Dantas wins agianst ranked Silva & Warren. So Rettinghouse would still be ahead of him because of beating Moraes a year ago?! That makes no sense & only looks worse since Pitbull beat Georgi by KO!! Let's do it by what fighters did recently not a dam year ago!
What I´m saying is Takaya was ranked #1 at the time and Takayas record after that doesn´t matter it was still a win against #1.

I´m fine with having Pitbull higher than Georgi, I´m just explaining why Georgi is ranked so high. Pitbull beat Georgi 3 years ago btw.

Great point! Complaining about a year ago fight, but pitbull beat Georgi 3 years ago!

MR.WILLIE

Location : Puerto Rico
Posts : 6498
Join date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by Realidea on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Pitbull still has the better wins. Ranking should go by records and The quality of W and L's. Pitbull beats him in both category. And if thats not enough he has a KO Victory over him. So i really don't see how putting Pitbull behind him makes any sense
avatar
Realidea

Location : Protesting In Brazil
Posts : 447
Join date : 2013-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by NorthWestMex on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:15 pm

I only said it makes it look worse that he beat him but main point is we should base it current rankings and he has more top 10 wins than Georgi.
avatar
NorthWestMex

Location : Seattle, WA
Posts : 53
Join date : 2012-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by CDF47 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Have to go with what happened at the time, Georgi beat Takaya and hasn't lost since and won the WSOF title. Pitbull's next fight is suppose to be for the Bellator title. If he wins, he will be number 1 FW. Even if his next fight weren't for the title, he would overtake Georgi with an impressive win in his next fight.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by CDF47 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Golden Age wrote:
NorthWestMex wrote:Why wouldn't his record since then matter? 1 year is a long time in MMA. So we should just ignore what happens until how long? So let's say in the next year Moraes is still #2 (which was BS to begin with) lost to Rettinghouse & then got submitted in his next fight & fell from the list. So Rettinghouse would be ahead of Dantas. Then say Rettinghouse beats 2 unknowns & Dantas wins agianst ranked Silva & Warren. So Rettinghouse would still be ahead of him because of beating Moraes a year ago?! That makes no sense & only looks worse since Pitbull beat Georgi by KO!! Let's do it by what fighters did recently not a dam year ago!
What I´m saying is Takaya was ranked #1 at the time and Takayas record after that doesn´t matter it was still a win against #1.

I´m fine with having Pitbull higher than Georgi, I´m just explaining why Georgi is ranked so high. Pitbull beat Georgi 3 years ago btw.

Exactly...and Pitbull will take the number 1 spot if he wins the title fight he's suppose to get.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by CDF47 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Realidea wrote:Pitbull still has the better wins. Ranking should go by records and The quality of W and L's. Pitbull beats him in both category. And if thats not enough he has a KO Victory over him. So i really don't see how putting Pitbull behind him makes any sense

There are a lot of factors taken into account when doing the rankings as stated in the ranking rules in the opening post.  Quality wins are important and considered but there is a lot of criteria to go by.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Global-MMA Rankings (Outside UFC) - March 2014

Post by Realidea on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:16 am

CDF47 wrote:
Realidea wrote:Pitbull still has the better wins. Ranking should go by records and The quality of W and L's. Pitbull beats him in both category. And if thats not enough he has a KO Victory over him. So i really don't see how putting Pitbull behind him makes any sense

There are a lot of factors taken into account when doing the rankings as stated in the ranking rules in the opening post.  Quality wins are important and considered but there is a lot of criteria to go by.
Yes and Pitbull beats him out on almost every category.  Rolling LMAO
avatar
Realidea

Location : Protesting In Brazil
Posts : 447
Join date : 2013-04-02

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum